Applecrisp Apples

• OMG never thought I'd love an apple so much. They are crunchy, sweet, tart, BIG and.........only 80 calories..........dive in peeps
  • Applecrisp or Honeycrisp?

^ I clearly don't know my apples very well. I always just get whatever is cheapest. I've heard Honeycrisp are really, really, really good. I might just throw out some extra cash for one this season.
  • I meant honeycrisp lol, my brain doesnt work well towards the end of the work day lol
  • they are def worth the extra few bucks
  • Honeycrisp apples are so good! I got my first box (yes box, we love them) last week. My four year old eats some form of red apple every day. She took one bite and said YAY THE GOOD APPLES ARE BACK! You know if they leave that kind of impression on a four year old, that's good stuff!
  • Honeycrisp credits
    Just so yanno.. the Honeycrisp was developed and bred at my alma mater, the U of M..in good ole Minnesoda. It so much adapted to cold weather climates that it doesn't produce the same sweetness in the warm states, so is no longer sold to nurseries there. If you are fortunate to find it in the warm states, it was not produced there. Gives me perverse pleasure/pride that with so many limitations of our climate, there is *something we can produce that Florida cant. *sigh. Small comfort on a January day with 20 below actual temperature and -40 below with the wind chill factor.
  • Pink Lady apples are great too and available other times of the year but Honey crisp fall to the top of the list!
  • I haven't tried the Honey Crisp, I do like Pink Ladies. It's very hard to get a decent apple in Florida!
  • Man, my friend went to the grocery with me the other day, she bought sixteen dollars with of the honeycrisp apples, it was like eight of them, I haven't tried them yet, hmmmm....