Single mom 30-somethings?

• Anybody else out there? What challenges do you face, related to being a single parent, that impact your journey to health?

I'm a single mom of 3 kids--ages, 10, 8, and 6. I've been on my own for 5.5 years now.
  • Hello and welcome! Im a single mother and that alone is a challenge but once you make yourself a priority this journey will be full of fun and learning. Take your time make small doable changes and over time habits will stick. What helps me most is logging on here Ive made loads of friends and have learned so much. Good luck on your journey. Always remember that we all have something we struggle with but we can still be successful at losing!
  • I'm a single mom also, to a wonderful 8 year old boy. My biggest challenge is finding time to work out. I work full-time and do a lot of volunteering in the community and that mixed with my son's agenda (boy scouts, sports, play dates) I found it impossible to make it to the gym. I found a way around that by buying a few things for the house, like my Gazelle edge, perfect push ups, and hip hop abs. Othere then that I think I have it easy compared to other single mom's because I only have one child to cook dinner for.

I've been a single parent since the day my son was born and its been a blessing all the way. Just remember, what doesn't kill us makes us stonger, and with three kids, your three times as strong.
  • Yeah, I love being a single mom. Finances are a challenge (no child support coming in) and that is probably the biggest challenge I feel with regards to being a single mom and trying to get healthier. No gym, no equipment, limited food budget, etc. But walking is free and I have some fitness dvds, so I think I'll be fine.