Tuscan Green Beans

4 cups Fresh Green Beans
    ½ cups Chopped Tomato
    2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
    1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
    Salt and Pepper, to taste
    ¼ cups Shaved Parmesan
    Preparation Instructions
    Prepare green beans as desired (I steamed mine – in a steamer for 7 or so minutes). In a large bowl toss green beans and tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Top with shaved parmesan.

(from the "Potluck" thread)
  • Shells' Butter Chicken
    Butter Chicken

4 pieces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut Into Bite Sized Pieces)
    5 cloves Garlic, Minced
    1 teaspoon Salt
    ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
    ½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
    ¼ teaspoons Ground Coriander
    ¼ teaspoons Cumin
    ¼ teaspoons Cardamom
    1 whole Lime, Juiced
    1 whole Onion, Diced
    ¼ cups Butter
    1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
    1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes
    1 pint Whipping Cream
    1 bunch Chopped Cilantro, to taste

Preparation Instructions
    Combine first 9 ingredients and marinate overnight.
    Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream (I have used light cream or half-and-half also) and cilantro just before serving.
    Note: this is a little spicy, but you can cut back on the cayenne if you want.

The recipe says to serve over rice but I never serve it over anything. It makes a ton of sauce but it is so good you will eat it with a spoon .... trust me
  • Hairchick's Chicken Casserole
    Start with chicken breast cubed:I sauté in evoo until it's browning.. I steam a head of brocolli and a head of cauliflower.. I mix together a jar of the kraft alfredo (2 carbs per serving) and a small block of velvetta, I get the rest of the alfredo out of the jar with half and half, about 1/3 of a jar... I mix it all together and put in a disposable baking dish cover the top with shredded cheddar and french fried onions, or pork skins crumbled... Bake at 350 for 40 minutes...

(from "Potluck" thread)
  • Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
    Tired of Ranch Dressing? This is my new favorite thing!

HONEY MUSTARD

1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1 tablespoon cider vinegar
    1 teaspoon yellow mustard
    3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8 teaspoon paprika
    4 teaspoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
    Mix all ingredients well. Chill a few hours to blend flavors.
    Makes about 9 tablespoons

(From Linda's Low Carb Recipe Site)
  • Shirataki Noodles with Pancetta, Spinach & Alfredo
    Readyfreddy's Shirataki Noodles with Pancetta, Spinach & Alfredo

NOTE: Shiratake noodles and prepared alfredo sauce are not for Induction.

Parboil and drain 1 package shirataki noodles. Drain fully again.

In a sauce pan on medim or medium-high, add evoo and 3 tbs pancetta.
    When pancetta starts to get crispy, add 4 cups spinach (it cooks down). Stir. When spinach is wilted, add 1/4 cup alfredo sauce (I found one that has 2 carbs for this amount). Stir. Add in noodles. Stir, add salt and pepper. Enjoy!

Shirataki noodles - 2 net carbs (check your brand); spinach - 1 net carb; pancetta - 0 carbs; evoo - 0 carbs; Alfredo - 2 net carbs (check your brand) Total net carbs - 5

Sandyfanny's cauliflower soup ... with some variations. I got it all going and then went to add the chicken broth, only to find that I had beef broth and mushroom broth and vegetable broth and seafood broth .... but no chicken broth. So I used organic beef broth and added some roasted garlic to it ... it was yummy.

*Shells also noted that she roasted her own garlic.
  • Linsy's Coney Island Chili

Coney Island Chili

Yummy!

Note: Tomato paste is not for Induction.

Hamburger, tomato paste, onion, garlic, mustard, seasonings, chopped jalapeno and a little bit of jalapeno juice. Top it with some mozzarella cheese. Add a salad, and dinner's ready.
  • Baked Gruyere & Sausage Omelet
    Baked Gruyere & Sausage Omelet

Butter, for greasing baking dish
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 small onion, diced
    1/2 pound mild turkey sausage, casings removed
    8 large eggs
    1/3 cup part heavy cream/part water
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    Freshly ground black pepper
    1 red bell pepper, diced
    1 1/2 cups (4 ounces) grated Gruyere cheese
    1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly butter an 8 by 8-inch baking dish.
    Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the sausage and cook until brown, about 5 minutes. Set the pan aside to cool.
    In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper, to taste, until smooth, about 20 seconds. Add the red bell pepper, 1 cup of Gruyere cheese and 1/4 cup of parsley. Stir in the onion mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
    Cut the baked omelet into wedges and sprinkle with remaining parsley before serving.
    Cook's Note: To make individual servings, divide the batter between 4 buttered 8-ounce ramekins. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes.

(Adapted from Giada "Breakfast for Dinner" - Food Network)
  • Oven-Barbecued Baby Back Ribs...
    Easy and delicous! I roast a whole rack and eat three or four times...I love 'em!

Here's the link to the recipe, complete with "how-to" pictures:

http://delicioushouse.blogspot.com/2...ecue-baby.html

I prefer to use zero carb Scott's Barbecue Sauce, but I'm out and can't find it in my stores suddenly. I'm using Kraft Light Original Barbecue Sauce at 5 carbs per 2 Tablespoons. I'll be careful to check how much I'm using on the whole rack and count the appropriate carbs into each meal.
  • Linsy's Pumpkin Cheesecake Find!
    Linsy found a delicious low-carb recipe for pumpkin cheesecake. Here's the link:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/recipe...kin-Cheesecake

Note: It's not for Induction, but sounds like a really special treat for the holidays.

I also noticed that the author says it works without the crust. At 4 carbs per serving (without the crust), it should be a great holiday find.
  • Peanut Butter Fudge
    I haven't tried it, but this recipe has gotten rave reviews.

Note: Not for Induction

From Linda's Low Carb Menus and Recipes site, here's the link:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/peanut_butter_fudge.html
  • Glamazon's Pumpkin Recipe...Great for Breakfast!
    This makes a great breakfast!

1 15 oz. can pumpkin
    8 oz cream cheese
    5 Eggs
    1/2 cup sweetener (you can also use liquid splenda to reduce carbs here)
    1 T. Cinnamon
    3/4 T. Pumpkin Pie Spice
    1 t. Vanilla
    1 t. Maple Extract (optional)

Whip everything together and pour into an 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 for about 30 mins or until the center is done. Cool and Chill, cut into 6 or 4 servings,
    6 servings - 4 carbs each using liquid splenda
    4 servings - 6 carbs each using liquid splenda
  • My Grandmother's Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
    Make a spinach salad.* Crumble the crisp bacon over the spinach salad.

HOT BACON DRESSING

5 slices lean bacon
    2 teaspoons brown sugar Splenda (or regular Truvia or Splenda - I use 1 packet of Truvia)
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    2 or 3 green onions chopped (tops and bulbs) or 1/4 red onion, chopped
    1 egg, boiled and grated or chopped
    salt and pepper, to taste (optional)

In a skillet, sauté bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving a tablespoon of bacon drippings. Add sugar, vinegar, and pepper.
    Chop green onions. Sauté for 1 minute in the bacon drippings reserved in the pan.
    Pour immediately over baby lettuce or spinach. Sprinkle boiled, grated egg over the salad as a garnish.

Note: Be sure spinach is dry so it is better able to absorb the dressing. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Serve hot immediately.

*I like thinly sliced red onion, English cucumber, chopped boiled egg and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese mixed with baby spinach for the salad.

**1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish can be added to the sautee if you like the "bite." I make mine without horseradish.

• "Whopper in a Bowl"
    "Whopper in a Bowl"

Linsy recommends the "Whopper in a Bowl" recipe. Here's a link to the Low Carb Friends recipe:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...owl-salad.html
  • Hot Artichoke Dip 1

Hot Artichoke Dip
    1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained, chopped
    1 c. mayonnaise
    1 c. (4 oz.) grated Parmesan cheese
    1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, drained (optional)
    1 garlic clove, minced

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients. Spoon into 9-inch pie plate or shallow ovenproof dish. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with sliced green onions and chopped tomato, if desired. Makes 2 cups.

VARIATION:
    SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP: Stir 1 (10 oz.) package chopped spinach, thawed, well drained, into artichoke mixture. Bake as directed.

Induction: Use as a dip with pork rinds, chicken strips, celery

(Recipe adapted from cooks.com)