What triggers your cravings?

• I don't usually have really serious cravings and never have. I didn't know what a true craving meant until the other night.
    I wanted a snack but didn't feel like preparing anything so I poured some Crystal Light into my jug of water for a treat. After drinking it for a while I realized that I'd probably had too much and decided to not drink any more, but I had this unbelievable urge to drink more so I went and dumped the rest in the sink.

When I got back and sat at my computer my throat felt weird and I wanted to drink Crystal Light SO BAD. It wasn't even really a craving for other sweets...I just wanted that Crystal Light, LOL. I even had to dump out a little bit that was in bottles by my bed which had been there since before I started Atkins because I was afraid I'd drink them! I took all three containers of the mix that I have and put them in the coffee drawer so they would be out of my sight. I eventually got my mind off of it and stopped wanting it.

Has anyone else ever had an experience like this after starting Atkins?
  • If all I had ever craved was Crystal Light, I wouldn't be on Atkins. That's so funny! It had to be triggered by the "sweet" although it was fake sweet, don't you think? When I'm on Atkins, I can't keep peanut butter in the house because I'll eat it with a spoon. Normally, a jar can stay in the pantry forever...til I throw it out! It's the sugar in peanut butter that calls me because when I started Atkins it was the only sugar and fat combination in the house. I'm not thinking too long about what I crave. That's a trigger for me!
  • Haha, I'm more of a boredom eater and I've never had really bad cravings. I've had them before but I can't remember a craving as powerful as the other night. The weird thing is that I usually like dinner foods more than dessert so I didn't think I would fall victim to the sugar cravings a lot of people get on Atkins. I was definitely wrong! I didn't realize that hidden sugar was in almost everything until I started this diet.
  • I just learned that I cannot have a pack of beef jerky at work. I literally ate 12 oz in 2 days.
  • Hawkins cheesies... ice cream... sweet dinner rolls.... popcorn... chocolate... pie crusts.... pizzas... anything from the bakery...

do you want me to go on???

hee! hee!

/cher
  • lol cher yes to all that.

I thought she meant while on atkins!