Eating At Restaraunt

• I have only been on the MRC program from 2 1/2 weeks. I am going out to lunch for work and have really no idea what to order, not even sure were we are going yet. Does anyone have suggestions for staying on plan while eating out?? (I am on beige menu right now)
    Thanks
  • Bring a fruit-they are hard to find at restaurants. Unless you can find a salad with one in it (like something with apples or oranges?). Get a salad with only the approved veggies, no cheese/croutons/bacon...etc. Ask for grilled chicken (I've even asked what the portion size is, and order double if its not your reccomended portion size). Bring oil/vinegar or your own dressing (if you cant, order fat free italian or eat it dry).
    Or, you can do a turkey burger/grilled chicken breast with broccoli/zucchini (dont forget the fruit). All restaurants will have items similar to this. Keep it simple and plain and you should be OK!
  • Thanks for the ideas.
  • Fish (cooked dry, no oil) and steamed veggies is one of my favorites. Just make sure to ask them not to add oil or butter to any of it. And just don't even look at the bread basket. Put on your imagination cap and pretend it's not even there!
  • I have a list of OK restaurant foods given to me from our center but don't know how to attach it here. PM me and I'll send it to you.
  • I just got back from lunch at Red Robin. On their menu they have a natural hamburger, a chicken salad, and a natural chicken sandwich. The sandwiches come with the veggies on the side, and you have a choice of fries or melon. I got the burger with lettuce, tomato, and mustard, with no bun and cantalope. It was very good and I didn't feel deprived at all. Earlier this week I had Ruby Tuesday. Again, I had a plane burger with just the veggies and no bun. I substituted steamed asparagus for the fries. It was absolutely delicious. I keep several HNS supplements in my purse to mix with my ice water. I'm going on a business trip next week. This has helped me to see that this plan is still possible in the real world and when traveling.