Value Your Body, God does! Let's Diet Together

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • Rosebud, I love that book and I have read it 5 times and still I read it again and find something I don't know how I mist! It is so encouraging.
    How are you doing Rosebud did you see the doctor about the reappearing condition you said came back?
  • HI BOOTSIE ~ ya, it's quite a thick book too; so it would be difficult to remember all of it at one reading anyways -- kinda like the Bible, you need to read it over and over again, and each time, the HOLY SPIRIT impresses something new to you, so you continue to learn and grow. People who don't read the Bible miss that and they don't even realize it ...

Hope this is not TMI -- but no, I haven't had any more blood in my stools since the day I asked you all to pray again; we have been praying here daily too. I am trusting the LORD to heal me still, but am waiting for them to let me know when the testing will be done. There is always a long line up for these kinds of tests everywhere it seems.

I have had some moments of mild soreness if I sit on my tush too long in one position, but hopefully that will soon pass as it starts to heal up (which I hope will be quickly). For quite some time, I had no symptoms; I thought it was healing and then I had one bad day of constipation and the blood with that again. Since then nothing but a bit of soreness as I mentioned ...

You know, I was talking to a friend recently, who told me that she had the exact same thing happen. I asked her what they did and she said nothing different than what they did for me. They gave her some stool softeners, some cream for pain and told her to just give it time to heal on it's own. She said that she had a small tear from constipation, which is what they think it is for me too, but they said they will do a test (a colonoscopy) too, just to make sure that's all it is.

Thanks for asking; I appreciate your concern & prayers very much ...
  • What page are you on Rosebud? I have not made it to Tony Robbins site since two days ago but looked like I was the only one studying the book. Just went there looks like I am still the only one studying, hmmm.. that is not much encouraging at all, I can do that at home.
    I am fasting tomorrow on fruit and vegetable juice, don't know when I will stop for I feel so much better just drinking fruit and vegetable juices. Have so much energy also.
    We went out to eat tonight with my friend and her husband . I had grilled jumbo shrimp on salad oh so good! She had hers fried and Hubbie had a chicken fried steak and her husband had a steak. We all 4 divided a cheesecake, strawberry!
    My friend gave me some wood tools which are wonderful. Going to make me a shed for wood work in the barn.
  • BOOTSIE ~ I read the first chapter twice; and am now starting the second chapter. What happened was that I was looking through the index and saw the title of Chapter 16 called "If you're not happy, here's why" -- and it intrigued me so much that I went to look at it. I ended up reading that whole chapter, and part of two others (6 & 7). Gotta stop doing that!

So, I went back and read chapter one again to refresh my memory last night and this AM. Tonight, I will start Chapter 2 -- "Decisions: the Pathway to Power".

DREAMS OF DESTINY: I like what he had to say in Chapter One about how we can ...

1) make a list of things I would no longer accept or tolerate in my life.

2) make a list of all the things that I aspire to or want to become.

3) Raise my standards for my life; believe that you can have more.

4) claim the power that is available to me to make the changes that will help change my life and my world.

5) Focus on the Positive (which I have been doing for some time; still working on it too). Forgetting the past and move forward.

6) Change beliefs to ones that will EMPOWER ME to claim my dreams -- get rid of beliefs that sabotage us and replace them with ones that help us.

7) find the best strategies for achieving results.

8) make a commitment to take ACTION! Knowledge is not enough; you must take the knowledge you have and apply it.

9) change the way I feel by redirecting my emotions towards empowering ones like joy, happiness, laughter, bliss, cheerfulness, love, etc. -- so that I can reach my highest potential.

10) take control of our physical health ~ so that we can have the vitality and energy to enjoy life to the fullest, ie by eating nutrient-rich whole foods, less animal fats (eating leaner foods & healthy fats); be more active; plus he says we are poisoning our bodies with ciggies, alcohol & drugs too much.

11) create quality relationships: romantic, family, business & social. He shares tips with us on how we can improve all the relationships in our lives. Since we all need people in our lives, we might as well have ones that bless us and nurture us.

12) master our finances by believing that we all deserve financial well-being -- plus changing our beliefs and attitudes about wealth and/ prosperity so that we can fulfill our dreams and contribute in a meaningful & rewarding way.

13) mastering the time we have to its fullest potential in our lives to achieve the goals we desire in a timely fashion.

To sum up Chapter One ~ Mr. Robbins says that he wrote this book as AN ACTION GUIDE to help everyone improve the quality of their lives and get the most enjoyment out of life that they can. Sounds good to me ...
  • BOOTSIE ~ what are you planning on making in your wood shop? You know, my DH & I used to make wooden toys, and many other things a long time ago. A man down the street from us makes picnic tables (large & small), lawn chairs, and double lawnchairs, like the one we just bought from him. He just makes one or two items at a time, then sets them outside with a FOR SALE sign on them (his prices are reasonable too). I'll take a picture of it for you so you can see what I mean. I think I have some pictures of the other stuff that DH and I made too; will look for them for you. You could probably sell your stuff at your store!!!

BTW, you can get patterns for all kinds of stuff at your local library for free; all you have to pay for is the photocopying of the patterns. Since the patterns are in the published books, there are no infringements on rights to worry about either.
  • That is neat Rosebud. I am going to make some squirrel feeders up. People are crazy about the squirrels and the birds around here. My husband wanted me to sale some of my figurines but I make them for my grandchildren and they are just not very good compared to my other wood maker friends in Horseshoe Bay they are really good! I love to whittle or carve by hand. I made Festus Hagan on Gun Smoke Western movie, some rattle snakes a donkey. i gave them to my grandchildren. I carved a farmer out of a piece of wood they the guys used to build our store with and the grandchildren want me to make a dog, duck ,goats and chickens with the farmer carrying a gun instead of a bucket of eggs like I was going to have.They want me to put that all on a large piece of wood that they want me to make look like grass and dirt. I love to carve more than I love to eat. If I did not have to fix dinner for hubbie I would carve right through and never think of eating.

Ha! I have done that same thing Rosebud reading this book! I don't think I have ever read one that I skipped around in so much.

On page 35, in chapter two, If you don't set a baseline standard for what you'll accept in your life; you'll find it's easy to slip into behaviors and attitudes or a quality of life that's far below what you deserve.
    You need to set and live by these standards no matter what happens in your life. Even if it rains on your parade, even if the stock market crashes, even if your lover leaves you, even if no one gives you the support that you need, you still must stay committed to your decision that you will live your life to the highest level.

Using the power of decision gives you the capacity to get past any excuse to change any and every part of your life in a instant.

I don't know about anyone else but I am so full of excuses! Tony says excuses or belief systems and are destructive to us. Today I used I felt kinda sick at my belly so I needed to eat something. It was just an excuse to not do what I had committed to do today.Well I know excuses or destructive to me!
    If I get determined and committed to a decision I made then I can do what ever. My husband told me one time, and I will never forget it. I asked him if he thought I had it in me to do something. He said as long as you are determine to do something Bootsie yes. He left it at that, for he knows me well when something throws me off track I cannot do a good job even though I want too. I think that is why I yo-yo so much but last night a friend told me when we were talking about this quilt for my Grandson that i am making and how long I have been working on it. He said I have to admire your determination to keep on working on it no matter what. You know that made me feel good!
    The same goes for my weight no matter the slip ups the off track I have never gave up , I just start all over learn from my mistakes and I do not plan on giving up.
  • Good morning ladies! Don't have much time, have to run kids to school and then off to Bible study. Just wanted to check in.

Bootsie, thanks for what you were saying here about not giving up, I needed to hear that this morning. I'll get back up today and keep plugging on

Been seriously stressed out and had a total break down last night (lots going on here)...my eating over the weekend really showed it too! But today is a new day and God's mercies are new EVERY morning... thank you LORD! Hope you have a great day!

Jenny
  • BOOTSIE ~ well, if you love to whittle so much, AND it helps you not to eat, then I would continue doing that too. When you love doing something so much that it distracts you from everything else (including eating); then that is a GIFT FROM GOD that should be nurtured ... I agree with your DH (David) -- why not makes some to sell in your store? I know that the bird feeders and houses, and squirrel feeders are popular here too; I think they are popular everywhere ...

Birding & gardening are big hobbies in our area; we have a large retirement population here so they have the time and $$$ to do that. Pets (esp of the canine variety) are also extremely popular here as well. Many people here consider their dogs to be part of their family. We have lots of people starting businesses to cater to them as well.

You could start with those and diversify into garden things like whirly-gigs and such down the road -- like Canadian geese with their wings going round and round. Our neighbor has Blue Jays with their wings flapping in the wind ...

JENNY ~ that's right -- just keep on going; this is a life-long journey toward optimum good health. If we can get past this idea that this is a temporary fix; and realize that it is good to eat well most of the time, then we aren't upset if we make a few mistakes.

It's the law of averages. Even if you get it right only 80-90 % of the time, you will always see some improvement. Just keep on going and make better choices for the next snack, meal, or day ...
  • Rosebud I am setting up my workshop in our storeroom was going to set it up in the barn but could not work with some of the tools there because of the hay. This is more convenient for me too. Just wish I had a way to heat and cool in there . I found a cedar silverware chest for 1 dollar at the garage sale and I am sanding it up now. Going to see if I can find some John Deere Silver ware to put in it and maybe sale it at the store . Just gotta find room to sale items up there. Might just wait and have a sale next spring. I have an old sit in school desk going to burn in the writing part a wild horse after I get it good and sanded and varnish it when I varnish my silver ware chest. See if I can sale it. This is so much fun!
  • I am having such a terrible time loosing weight . I am exercising more and eating less and still not loosing. Is anyone else having this problem?
  • BOOTSIE ~ I have heard this a lot -- posted by many others. I told you before that I think that you already get way more exercise than most people do each day. Are you sure that you are eating enuff? Sometimes the body will stop you from losing if it feels you need all your intake just to maintain your present weight & good health.

I often think that people forget that the body interprets dieting as starvation; it is a subtle battle to fool the body into releasing unwanted fat/weight. I was going to ask you if you lift weights, but then I remembered those feed sacks that you haul around ... Yes, I think you need to be careful that you are eating enuff, not less.

Do you eat a lot of veggies, salad, and fruit right now? That might make a bit of a difference in the long run. Just keep on going, BOOTSIE -- your body may just want a rest, and/or it may be happy with the weight you are at for now. Only time will tell ...
  • I have walked 7 miles today ,3 of them in the pasture with my dog. Tomorrow the only exercise I will get is lifting feed and walking back and forth to the house to the restroom. Hubbie has a Hay show tomorrow and I have to close at 3:30 and go to the last part of it. I don't lift feed everyday but today I was lifting panels to build a pen separate from the goats for the new Mama and one to soon be Mama. I am always busy doing something for I am behind in everything!
    Hubbie said I will soon see some results not to give up.
  • BOOTSIE ~ as I am reading Chapter 2 of AWAKENING THE GIANT WITHIN -- what really spoke to me was this ...

That we often don't take action becuz we think that we have to KNOW HOW TO DO something or HOW SOMETHING WILL COME TO BE "before" we take any action; when in reality, we must MAKE A DECISION or a commitment to our goal or dream first, then the "how" will find its way to us ...

ie for weight loss, we must make the DECISION that we are going to lose weight first, then we take action to find "the way" or "how" to lose it. There are many ways to lose weight as you can see from this site, BUT first you try one way to reach your goal or fulfill your dream and if that doesn't work, then try another way, and so on ...

If you try one way and it doesn't work for you, it doesn't mean that you have failed, it just means that you need to keep looking for the right way for you; and that is always the way that will lead you to your goal or dream. It exists, and it is there for you -- but you have to keep seeking for it until you find it ...

Mr. Robbins firmly believes that once you make a "true decision" or "commitment" to a goal, there will be no stopping you from succeeding becuz forces will be released to help you reach it. You just start working towards your goal, and keep going; and you will achieve it eventually, just as we said previously.

I think the reason many people don't reach their goals or fulfill their dreams is that somewhere along the way, they RE-NAG on their decision or commitment. No matter what dream you have or goal you want to achieve in life, and no matter what happens; no matter what curves or setbacks life throws at you; you must CHOOSE TO KEEP WORKING TOWARDS YOUR GOAL.

It's like if you are in a horse-race -- do you run the first quarter and then stop? NO ... half-way? NO ... you have to run the entire track to get to the finish line. So, you must keep going until you reach your goal; there is no stopping -- that isn't even in the cards for you ...

That's where people's lack of commitment or decisiveness starts to show ... becuz if they start to make excuses (or let their belief systems take over; ie emotions), then they quit making the right choices that will lead to their goals or dreams.

There may be some pauses, some set-backs, some tweaking; some modifications; some consultations; some changes; or even some re-starts, but there is no way that you should ever even consider stopping or quitting! Why?

BECAUSE A WINNER NEVER QUITS!

• Good evening ladies! I would love to be a part of your group
    I am a Christain and would love this type of support. I believe Christ is pressing upon me at this time in several areas and I am finally listening to HIM. Getting my weight under control and building my endurance is just part of HIS plan for me.

A little about me. My name is Judy, and I'm from Texas. I am a divorced mother of 4 boys and 1 daughter. I have 2 beautiful grandchildren. A german shepherd (who's trying to get in my lap as I type lol), a great dane, and a rat terrier. I am 48.
    I have been overweight since 1990 after the birth of my daughter, who is my youngest child. I have been on the Atkins since July 26, 2010. I have lost 40 lbs. I need to lose about another 100 lbs. Sounds like a lot but with God's help ALL things are possible

One thing I know is true: If you want to make God laugh, tell him what YOUR plans are

Nice getting to know ya'll.

Judy
  • Hi Judy! Sure glad to hear from another Texan on here congratulations on your 40 pounds! When you look at a 50 pound bag of feed that is almost what you was carrying around and that is not easy! This year I have exercised and stayed on a calorie diet but nothing has happened . last week I went on still counting my calories but went on a yeast free diet and I have lost since last Thursday seven pounds! I know its water but that is 7 pounds gone! I have a real problem with water gain in fact so does our whole family! About 6 years ago my doctor told me she thought my body was infected with a yeast infection, but gave me no real diet to follow. Last week I got some info from
    http://www.womentowomen.com/digestio.../candida.aspx? and clicked on their guide for a free yeast diet. I sure thank the Lord for leading me there and for them being there.