5LB Challenge #6

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • I do love that brisk air - maybe that's why I feel better this a.m.

Funny thing, Kaylets. I hit the flylady.net site last night and got the decluttering instructios. Have seen the site mentioned on different threads. Fortunately most of my "cluttered" sites are hidden but I've noticed several places do have that magnetic appeal. I do do things in small steps when I do them but it's of physical necessity and I seem to be developing a blind eye to some spots.

Vow of the day - no more waiting for dh to get with it. I'll just buzz circles around him. While I was away yesterday, he had a burst of energy and did an amazing amount of his outside chores.

I did make the trip and was amply rewarded with color en route. Not the best I'd ever seen but more than I had expected to see this year. I think I hit that stretch at its best day too. So today I'm glad I made that effort (and also glad because I caught up my work there). Must buzz today as tomorrow's a "play day" with dh. Going to drive an hour in the rain tomorrow to have lunch with old friends. The next day is also pretty well filled with "out of house" things so no buzzing then either.

As usual, your quote hit me well today. Up and about now for a nutrional, calorie controlled day of kindnesses (hopefully).
  • Couldnt resist!!
    Just had to jump back on as I run out the door--

Yes, the 'Boogie" is the Flylady's-- and the beauty part of the whole concept is "baby steps". And to borrow your phrase, Anagram, its such a basic concept, I did develop a "blind eye".

I can relate about the fall foliage too! It's very "pale" here as a general rule compared to what we would see when we lived up North- - This time of year makes me homesick for the trees!!

Have fun on your road trip!
  • Yes I did get to have a rest on Sun, I still raked leaves and did some laundry and made meals but I really enjoyed it I did it at my own pace. good thing to because yesterday at work was crazy I seemed to run my entire shift, got lots of activity points anyway. After today I have 2 days off so Im looking forward to get things done around here I don't even my Halloween stuff out. It is getting a little late for it but I will do it anyway. I declutter every month because we give our stuff to a charity. We don't do a perfect job and it isn't everything but it sure helps. Well got to run . Have a good day.
  • Well it was a great day today down 2.2 and doctor took me off of one of my blood pressure medications. Hopeyou all have a great week.
  • Winsome Wednesday
    Hello all!!

Dollar!! Tremendous NonScaleVictory!!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
    What a great reality check!!! Our bodies know long before our minds understand... Your body is starting to work like a thinner body, a healthier body. I am so proud of you!!

The first time I joined WW's was in Highschool. I don't think I had more than 30lbs to lose. I am sure that was the very lowest number in the range too-- When I look back at those highschool pictures, I cannot imagine what made me think I needed to lose anything-- But mentally, I felt like I was dragging around the weight of the world and acted like I was too.
    NonScaleVictories!!! I really feel they are just as important (if not more) than the numbers on the scale. I am going to find at least 2 NSV's a week to make me realize "I'm not in Kansas anymore!"

On another note, when I was at the conference on Sat, we dropped into the mall next door to stretch our legs during the afternoon break. Lady I was with decided she wanted a fancy coffee. I didnt even go near the counter initially because I had already bought water at another stand. Then, I saw some bottles displayed which looked just like the Davinci syrup bottles. Clerk helped me find Chocolate Sugar Free !! 0 calories!!!!
    DH and I have only tried it in coffee but even if that's all we use it in, YUMMMMMM!!
    The label is the same as the coffee store "The Coffee Beanery" - ( FYI-- It is made w/ Aspartame not splenda.)

So, the good news is that-- 1) found a local supply of syrup
    2) found a place to that sells Sugar free flavored coffee ( one cup at a time)-- Afterall, winter is coming, sometimes you just want something warm!!

So, now, I am hoping to find more and more out there-- to save on the shipping and etc is exciting. !

Ok, ok, I know its time to stop.

Today's thought of the day is:
    "The nice thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time" -- Author unknown

• Congratulations, dollar, on the loss and Kaylets on "not being in Kansas anymore". The NSVs are an important part of this journey, aren't they? I feel I've changed my lifestyle greatly so far (even though not always losing weight) and now don't even miss some of the things I craved so at one time.

I do have a success today though. I'm down and I don't know how much because I hardly counted last week's shocking figure. The important thing is I'm down from two weeks ago. That's down .8 (I think). I am sure that today I weighed in at 229.4 which is (weak TaDa) exactly five pounds from when I started my second 5# challenge and gives me a total of 10 from when I joined this thread. I've also noticed I am having trouble being sure about past weights and had to go back and check. I consider this a NSV as I don't want numbers to be the all important thing.

Dh said he found a tiny mite of snow on some garbage he had stored outside overnight when he put it out this a.m. Brrrr! So good thing you found the place you can get the non=caloric coffee treat. You had mentioned once living more north, Kaylets? Where was that?
  • Terrific Thursday!!
    Hello all!!

Don't feel quite myself this am but will make a final decison later-

Job has been "pedal to the metal" all week. Never left my desk yesterday long enough for lunch-- Luckily, had some music in the car that helped alot, especially since the drive home was twice as long due to the storm. Gave me time to unwind.

Anagram- about living "north" -- now that really is a perspective thing isnt it?? I was referring to Connectitcut-- I'm sure some of our Canadian friends wouldn't think CT was as "north" as I do!!

Today's thought is:

"Even a thought, even a possibility, can shatter and transform us." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

• Fantastic Friday!
    Hello all!!

Still not sure if this pounding head and general lethargy is a cold coming on..... Jury is still out and must go to work, it would be more painful to explain what was on my desk than to go in and deal with it!!!

Today's thought is:
    "The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure" -- Joseph
    Campbell

• Hope you feel better soon.

Well, Connecticut is north to me so I'd agree with you.

things are still swamped here this morning from yesterday being so busy so will post more later.
  • Simply Saturday!
    Hello all!

Need to be very vigilant today as yesterday I ate at least 10 pts worth of candy corn ( and that's just a guess- -the dish had aprx 2 cups in it- )-- today I expect the sugar cravings and wouldnt be suprised if they hit as soon as I'm really awake.

I am not feeling too stressed about the whole incident it only happened once ( that stupid dish has been sitting next to the copier for weeks).

I am hoping my flavored waters ( which I didnt have yesterday could there be a connection?) will help.

So, lots of fluids - !

Today's thought is :

"Don't give up at half time. Concentrate on winning the second half." -- Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

• Scrumptious Sunday!
    Hello all!!

Little bit of a late start this am but here I am now.

Am still on a "High Alert" against sugar cravings as even this am my head, breath, tongue still have that "Hung over" feel. We used to blame the alchohol-- It was the Sugar the whole time--

Will keep pumping the water, etc as this is not a good feeling-

Scale this am doesnt look as though it has gone up but I know that may reflect later.

If anything, this "fall off the wagon" has been a big reminder of how crummy it feels w/ sugar overload.

Today's thought is:

"If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of advice for all humanity, it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life, and when it comes, hold your head high. Look it squarely in the eye, and say, "I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me." -- Ann Landers
  • Extra sugar does do me in. Even the extra serving of ice milk I had the other day showed up in less energy the next day.

My other big bugaboo is salt. I don't salt much at home and don't eat a lot of salty food. When I eat out (usually over the weekend), I am usually bloated just from the salt in the food even though I'm restricting the food.

That's one reason I weigh in Wednesday. Gives me time to recoup.
  • Marvelous Monday
    Hello all!!

Am thrilled with this Morning's offical weighin- 1.5 los-- its caught me off guard how the little numbers make the big number decrease--

Actually do not know how long its been since I've been this low--
    Did find a bathrobe in the closet that has been waiting longer than 7 yrs for me to fit into it again. So I know its been 7 yrs at least-!!

Really chilly here this am- one of those mornings you wish you could just roll over!

But -- instead!!!:
    today's thought is:

"All of our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney

• Wow, congratulations! Hope I can emulate you. I was thrilled to fit in a raincoat that's been hanging around for years. A very useful one. The one I got last year, I thought would be too hangy to wear but it was an oversized one anyway so is still wearable as well.

Hoping for a magnificent Monday!
  • Targetting Tuesday -

Hi Kaylets! I'm never up this early so I thought I'd take advantage of it and post before you. that's hard to do as you're on early.

I'm going out to lunch today and it will be tougher to meet goals today. I've had four good days in a row and must keep telling me I can keep it up. There's a part of me saying "well, you did it that long - it's ok to have a down day". NO,NO,NO.