Day one!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've done Atkins before, and lost a good amount of wieght. But I always get lazy and want sweets, so I cheat then never go back on it. Now I want to change!! I'm newlywed, and wished I had the motivation to lose the wieght before I was married. Now my goal is to just start being healthy for my husband, and to enjoy our life together. I want to look good for him, and wear some of those clothes I have deep in my closet.

I started phase 1 today. I have a lot of weight to lose, so I will probably be in the first phase for a long time. I need support and accountability, so that is why I am posting. It is too easy for me to eat stuff I am not supposed to, but I really want to make a change from now on. Hoping it will get easier. Just need to STAY STRONG!

Anyone have any good snack ideas? I'm a snacker.
  • Luckie, welcome! Are you doing the '72 Induction?
  • Welcome, Luckie! Consider joining our 30 Pounds by Christmas challenge thread...you're not too late to jump in for motivation and support. There are many of us who're basically on Induction for a long time...you aren't alone for sure.

Check Linda's Low Carb site for great snacks...many induction friendly. Here's the link: http://genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html

Also, check the Low Carb forum "Recipes" section for lots of good snack ideas and sweeties.

I love sweets too...but I don't love sugar and flour more than I want to lose this weight. So, I'm an Atkins dessert girl! A word of caution: You may not want to use packaged Atkins products - particularly the "sweets" and "candy." They stall lots of us.

See JerseyGyrl's posts for great information on sugar alcohols - they're evil. Good luck! Post with us often...
  • Thanks for the encouragement and information. I definately need it! I'm reading the most current book, so I guess that's the one I'm following. I've done the old Atkins too, but I'm going to follow the new book more.

I will look into join the 30 lbs for Christmas, it would be a great way to lead into the new year.
  • Great! If you want to join our challenge, all you need is a big, old dose of WANT TO! We'd be happy to have you.
  • Yay me too! I lost 20 lbs about 10 years ago. Gained 10 over the years then gained 20 in the past 1.5 years when I started a sedentary job.

I'm on day two and I was in mild ketosis today!

I am aiming to lose 30 by New years!
  • Welcome Lucky13 and Readdy freddy
  • Readyfreddy, welcome. I really enjoy living a low-carb life. All the best to you!
  • Thanks Ghostgirl and Silverlife!
  • to 3FC!
    Some of the things I use for a snack if I need them are :
    1) pork rinds with my homemade salsa
    2) deviled eggs
    3) cheese
    4) cream cheese
    5) beef jerky
    Hope this helps
    Hugs and support on your weight loss journey

-Judy
  • welcome in, I also have a long way to go, but a long time to get there. We can do it!
  • Thanks islandchick for the snack ideas!!

Its been so long since I've done Atkins, I've forgotten some of those types of snacks that still make me feel normal. haha.

Day 2 was HORRIBLE for me!!!! I got real nauseous and even lost my lunch (and dinner) a few times. I read on someone else's post about it being detoxing from carbs, possibly. I believe it, so I wasn't scared. When I did the diet years ago, I was NEVER ill and I'm so upset that it made feel so bad. I tried Medifast a few months ago (my husband is doing it) and got sick as well, so I stopped. I just thought there was something I might be allergic to in the food. Now I can see that not having carbs was a shock to my body. Makes me not want to cheat, because I dont want to go through that again.

I am feeling better today, but taking it easy still on what I'm eating. Just some eggs and a little cheese. Hopefully it will get better.

Thanks for all of the greatings! So glad to be here!! I know I'll need the support! In the next few months I have my wedding anniversary, a friends wedding, husband's birthday, my birthday, and then Thanksgivig follows soon after. Its going to be tough! But especially after feeling so sick I need to be strong and get through it!

Thanks!
  • lucky, depending on foods you are eating on induction, I think the amount of fat may be part of it too. Even if we are used to eating a higher fat diet, we don't usually eat it in this way, without a lot of carbs to sop it up. Takes a little getting used to. but worth it in the end
  • Luckie, am sending you lots of good thoughts. I found the first few days the hardest. Then they got ever so much easier, and then they became very nice days!
  • Hang in there Luckie it will get better, and its so worth it.