Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2002, 10:39 AM   #1  

Default Saturday

Good Morning Ladies
Well went to the football game last night. About froze. Poor Sadie (dog) she was so cold. Had to wrap her in 3 blankets to get her warm. My hands and feet were what got cold on me. I even had 2 pairs of socks on and I had some gloves on. But finally got warmed up. Son is under the weather this morn. Has a upset stomach. But alot of that going around.
Oh we got good news today. Hubby has been picked for jury duty. Yippeeee!!. It is from the middle of Nov. to sometime in Jan. Maybe he can get out of it. Because he isnt suppose to drive and he doesnt drive in town. That means I have to take him. So we will see. I hope he can get out of it. I dont drive much in the winter myself. If it is bad I stay home. I only go if hubby has a Dr's appt. Or if there is a emergency.

Christian. Glad you are ok. Sounds as if Jesus was with you. Isnt it wonderful that he is there for us.

Eleni Sorry you are having so much pain. But at least you havent given up the exercise. That is great that you are still doing that. No matter how bad you are feeling. That should be a inspiration to all of us. Hope the pain starts to go away soon. Will keep you in my prayers.

FLgal. Glad you are back on track. I know what you mean about eating too many carbs or something that is kinda sweet. I feel sluggish also. Then if I feel that way I want to eat more. I know when I was kinda doing the Sugar Buster diet. I felt really good. But it was just to expensive to eat that way. Seems as if the wheat pasta and things like that cost twice as much and not as much for the money. So I havent been doing it. But trying to feed my son I think was one reason it cost so much. Because I fixed it for him also. If it had just been hubby and me. Maybe wouldnt have been so bad.

Sherri How are you doing. I am sure you are doing great. Did you get to go to Curves. Didnt you say they are starting to have them on Saturday Morn. That would be great. Keep up the great work.

Well I better get off here and get something done. The group from church is suppose to sing at the community center tonight. So I guess we will go there. Would rather stay home. Is rainy and dreary here today. So will be really foggy tonight. So everyone have a great day. Remember one bite at a time.
A TOPS PAL
Old 10-19-2002, 02:54 PM   #2  
Mother Hen

Good afternoon Ladies, So far it has been a good day. Just got back from watching my grand-daughter play ball in same field I use to take her mother and sibling. Time does go on doesn't it. You older ladies can relate.
I have done good with my new habits I am trying to instill. I did Richard this morning. I just discussed with my husband that I need to swallow my pride and go get a cane to help me walk. It would probably be the smart thing to do. I have my grand fathers but it is too small. We all have to do things we don't want to do.
Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Old 10-19-2002, 03:23 PM   #3  

Wink Hello and happy weekend to everyone!

I just went to my fall rally today and it was wonderful. Our chapther won something in every single category. It was really exciting. There was a girl there about my age who has been in TOPS since 94' and I have been in TOPS since 95' and she finally lost her 80 lbs. and right now thats about where I stand; I need to still lose about 74 more lbs. til' goal. She gave me so much hope that I can't wait to get started and just finally do it; so one day I can be KOPS.
Old 10-19-2002, 10:41 PM   #4  
Working My Way Happy!

Coco,

You area great mom to go out there and sit in the freezing cold.LOL Great for you. Keep up the great work. Glad to hear you finished the cross stitch.

Eleni,

I hear you. Yes we do have to do things we don't want to do. But it getting the cane is going to help you overall then it is worth taking the gulp for. Let us know if it helps you. I hope the pain goes away soon. How is the meds working? Did you enjoy the game?
Great job on keeping on track today. You are heading in the right direction.

Newday,

Great for you. Yes the rallies can be such an inspiration. I just wish they had more things like that throughout the year to keep us going. You have done great so far with your plan. I know you can beat this and you will cross that finish line as a kops.

I had a great day. I went to dinner at my cousin's house tonight. I brought my own salad and had some fries. She was having the chicken patties. But they were too high in points for them. It was 6.5 pts for one patty. So I passed and brought my salad and had some fries. Did great on plan today.

We are going to my husband's brothers house for dinner tomorrow night so I have another challange to get through. I can do this.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Talk to you tomorrow.

Sherri
Closed Thread