LA Weight Loss #55

You're on Page 4 of 5
Go to
  • oh, does anyone know why we're merging with the other diets? do we not have enough activity to keep a seperate forum???
  • Hollywood Diet
    I get mine for $13.99 at our local supermarket-Wegmans (I just saw a school bus with about 3 in of snow on the roof. It must be moving our way UGH) Anyway I know Wegmans is in our part of the state including Syracuse and Binghamton. I think it is in NJ too.
    Kathie
  • Weekends Off??
    Our LAWL center is just putting out a new plan called Weekends Off...do you have it too? What do you think about it? If you haven't heard about it yet, it's where on Saturday and Sunday you get less protein for the day and less fruit, but you can have "cheater" foods (i.e, pringles, reduced fat oreos, chips ahoy, fritos etc..) My husband and I are trying to decide if we'll like this or not...will we be more encouraged to cheat during the week? I'm interested to see how it's going to work. Just wondering what everyone else is going to do.
  • Wow...that is interesting. The bad part for me would be to have those off plan foods in the cubbards all week and not be able to eat them!
  • I saw the "Weekends Off" commercial on TV. And it mentioned...... CHINESE FOOD!!! This is a weakness of mine I miss it so much. I agree, though. There is no way I'd be able to keep that stuff in my cupboard all week without eating it.

After my cheatin' weekend, I'm starting the Hollywood Juice today. I'm trying out the new berry flavour, too. I hope it's not too gross

So, how does it go at LA? Juice 3x a day diluted, only raw green veggies and lean proteins all day? I seem to recall that.
  • Take Off
    I have the sheet in front of me. It is 4 oz. juice with 4 oz. water 4 times a day. Also, 2 lites(bars only),2 green veggies, and 6 oz. lean protien. It is for 2 days.
    As far as Weekends off, I would like to try it once or twice and see how it works. It sounds too good to be true,especially with all the sodium in Chinese food.

Kathie
  • weekends off!!!
    I think the weekends off is a great idea. I asked my center if the plan still works, even though you are on your "off" foods...they said that corporate tested it and it does, in fact, work.

I have no problem sticking to the program during the week, but am never that good on weekends...at least now when I am cheating, I will be "cheating" with approved foods.

I was so excited to see pizza on the menu!!!

Let's face it, LAWL is a pretty restrictive diet...to think of not having a piece of pizza until I'm at goal is a scary proposition

So, I think this will really help me...to feel satisfied while still being OP!

~cheer
  • There are a couple different juice plans...the 3 day that I always did had unlimited green veggies and lean proteins. No bars/shakes.
  • The one I did was like yours, Jibbelle. No bars/shakes, but unlimited proteins and veggies. I may opt for the other, however, since I've gotten really attached to my after-work lite chocolate fix.

BTW: The berry flavor is much better in my opinion than the orange. It tastes a little like cranberry juice with pears. Not bad at all.
  • WOOHOO! I reached my minigoal. I'm so proud of myself, that's going to be my motivation to stay away from the candy on Halloween. 25 pounds, here I come.

Thanks for all the support you guys.

I'll have to decide what my next minigoal will be. It seems like these minigoals really keep me motivated and keep me from focusing on how much I have left to lose.
  • Hi all!

Still not doing good! I plan to do the juice this Sun and Mon coming and see how that works out for returning me to my diet sanity. So xytx, i'll be starving with ya hon!

Gringa- congrats on meeting your goal! I'm so happy for you!

The weekends off plan is very interesting, I wonder what kind of menu you'd have during the week though. Maybe it's a starch free during the week and then weekends is off to whatever you wanted? Hmm, i'll ask my center.

Kathy
    184/159.2/130
  • Gringa- Way to go! Keep up the great work.

Kathy,
    They told me at my center that they are giving out the new plan on your last visit of the week. I will get mine Fri.
  • I wanted to say that I am sooo happy to find you! I was surprised that the LA Weightloss website was not more substantial. About the Take Off, I was told at my center that you only do the 3 day program if 1) you are just starting or 2) you have been off program for over a month. They said you would not have as good as results as you would with the 2 day program. So here I am...drinking water and eating egg whites. I am waiting for Friday morning when I can have a biscotti for breakfast. How often do you do the 2-day plan? My center said you could do it every 2 weeks. Has anyone done that?

Thanks
    Jen
  • mini goals
    Gringa- I've caught on to your mini-goals...I like that idea. It makes the long haul seem a lot more palatable!!

So, my mini goal is to be 150 by November 29th...my high school reunion!! I was a size 4 in high school, now I'm a size 14! That's 6 lbs in a month, I think I can do it!

As for the weekends off, my center told me that you follow your regular plan during the week, but to get the most fat loss, you should stick more to the unlimited starches during the week.

Good luck everyone...we can do it!!!!

~cheer

169.5/156/140
    mini goal 150 by Nov 29th

mini
  • Hey cheer, i think the minigoal is definitely the way to go. i'll post my new one tomorrow. i'm very intrigued about the weekends off program. i haven't heard anything about it here. i'll ask about it when i go back for my next weigh in.