Pot Luck Atkins friendly ideas?

• Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for low carb/ atkins (prefer no carb other than veggie for people who are on induction phase) that I can take to a pot luck ??

Thanks!
  • Deviled eggs.
    Fritata.
    Pate on cucumber slices.
    Olives.
  • Cauliflower and Parmesan Gratin

2 heads Cauliflower
    4 Tablespoons Butter
    4 ounces, weight Cream Cheese
    ½ cups Sour Cream
    ¾ cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
    4 dashes Tabasco Sauce
    Salt To Taste
    Preparation Instructions
    Bring 4 quarts of heavily salted water to a boil. In the meantime, quarter and core the cauliflower and break into large florets. Add the florets to the boiling water and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork-tender. Drain well. Transfer drained cauliflower to a mixing bowl and add the butter, cream cheese and the sour cream. Beat with an electric mixer or use a potato masher to incorporate all the ingredients together. Add ½ cup of the parmesan cheese and mix well. Add Tabasco and salt to taste. Remove the mixture to a greased casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake in a 350-degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for another 20 minutes or until the cheese has browned nicely on top.
  • Tuscan Green Beans

4 cups Fresh Green Beans
    ½ cups Chopped Tomato
    2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
    1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
    Salt and Pepper, to taste
    ¼ cups Shaved Parmesan
    Preparation Instructions
    Prepare green beans as desired (I steamed mine – in a steamer for 7 or so minutes). In a large bowl toss green beans and tomatoes with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Top with shaved parmesan.
  • Butter Chicken

4 pieces Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (cut Into Bite Sized Pieces)
    5 cloves Garlic, Minced
    1 teaspoon Salt
    ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
    ½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
    ¼ teaspoons Ground Coriander
    ¼ teaspoons Cumin
    ¼ teaspoons Cardamom
    1 whole Lime, Juiced
    1 whole Onion, Diced
    ¼ cups Butter
    1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
    1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes
    1 pint Whipping Cream
    1 bunch Chopped Cilantro, to taste

Preparation Instructions
    Combine first 9 ingredients and marinate overnight.
    Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream (I have used light cream or half-and-half also) and cilantro just before serving.
    Note: this is a little spicy, but you can cut back on the cayenne if you want.

The recipe says to serve over rice but I never serve it over anything. It makes a ton of sauce but it is so good you will eat it with a spoon .... trust me
  • Great Recipes, everyone! Thanks!

Red Cabbage Cole Slaw (Atkin's for Life):

1 head of red cabbage, cored and sliced thinly (I shred my cabbage)

Whisk together 3/4 c. mayonnaise, 1/2 c. sour cream, 1 tsp. celery seed, 2 T. cider vinegar, 2 pkgs. Splenda, 1 tsp. salt (if desired). In a large bowl, combine the cabbage and the dressing. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 min. to blend flavors.

This makes lots of cole slaw. I took it to a potluck, and the bowl was empty in no time; they yummied it up!
  • Oh my goodness great recipes keep them coming.

I used to have a crock pot Mushroom recipe, That I lost.

It had whole mushrooms, butter and parmesan cheese topped with bread crumbs, we could leave off the bread crumbs anyone have such a recipe?
  • Want to do a protein? I love this roast recipe (minus the flour, carrots, and potatoes). The Greek seasoning and lots of sliced garlic cloves makes it so good. I also use green onions placed underneath the roast as my "roasting veggies." Sweet yellow onions, peeled and sliced thickly, are delicious added the last hour of cooking.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2159336_perf...uck-roast.html
  • Cream cheese dips and veggies is easy. The dips can be kept inside of a plastic container of ice until served.

If you have the budget for it, a cheese platter is nice.

Or volunteer to bring the coffee.
  • I've been making potato salad with boiled cauliflower instead. People don't even know the difference.
  • I make a chicken casserole... It is chicken breast cubed, I sauté in evoo until done a browning.. I steam a head of brocolli and a head of cauliflower.. I mix together a jar of the kraft alfredo (2 carbs per serving) and a small block of velvetta, I get the rest of the alfredo out of the jar with half and half, about 1/3 of a jar... I mix it all together and put in a disposable baking dish cover the top with shredded cheddar and french fried onions, or pork skins crumbled... Bake at 350 for 40 minutes...