^*^September Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome^*^

You're on Page 56 of 59
Go to
  • Hi Everyone!

Lauren 190 is a great goal to have!

Kris 210's would be great! We will cheer you on!

Dallas How about a workout challenge. Challenge yourself to get in a certain # of minutes of cardio, or something like that.

Roxanne That sounds like a great goal to have, too.

Total Approx 1435 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
    spritz olive oil in pan
    egg 70 cal
    egg whites from carton 60 cal
    Handful of spinach
    2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 cal
    high fiber English muffin 100 cal
    1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
    coffee w/sugar and cream
    juice 75 calories

Lunch: (320 calories)
    Earth Grains 100% Whole Wheat Thin Buns 100 Calories
    1 slice Reduced fat cheese 60
    2 slices Hormel Natural Choice Cooked Ham 30 Calories
    Romaine Lettuce Leaves
    Grey Poupon Mild and Creamy Mustard 0 Calories
    Snack Pack of Sliced Apples 40 Calories
    Oikos Yogurt 90 Calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
    2 Grilled lemon pepper trout fillets 350 calories
    1 Order turnip greens 100 calories
    2 orders green beans 200 calories
    2 Dove dark chocolate promise 100 calories

Exercise:
    ~Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn
    ~Dancin' Abs 30 Minute Premix
  • Roxanne: No, no dizzy spells for me. It seems like you often skip meals when you get busy? Maybe that's it.

Cinci: I post after the fact but admire those who can pre-plan their menu. BTW, small curried chicken breast with grilled red pepper and mango sounds like a great idea!

Lauren: Thanks for the recipe! I'm excited for you to reach your goal! You can totally do that. I anticipate we'll both be celebrating our successes by the end of October.

StacyGee: Good use of time! I'm sure not many mom's are using their time that wisely.

Diana: Thanks for the suggestion! I may go ahead and try to work some arm weights into my regimen. It's a mental game, but I always prefer to focus on cardio when I'm in the gym. When I get down to 220ish, I'll push the ab work, machines, etc. Closer to 200, running on treadmill... I really liked that progression last time.

I also know that referring to the "last time" seems like it happens all of the time. I've only done this once and was successful at that time. It's what I have to reference. I know I've mentioned it before, but I'm really happy about finding this board. It's wonderful to see people who are succeeding and sticking around. It offers a sense of longevity that I need right now and for the first time in a long time, I can feel the confidence I felt the "last time". So thank you all for making me feel at home here.

Raven: I think I'm going to try the pesto with some pasta soon. I do have sunflower seeds that may have to suffice.

Tonight's dinner was the tofu cutlets I mentioned the other week! I finished up the broccoli I bought the other week (first time I've done that in years), onions, mushrooms, a small amount of sesame oil, garlic from jar, a garlic ginger sauce, red pepper flakes on a bed of instant jasmine rice. It was delish! I'll guess up to 600. A glass of tea at 100.

1650 calories and 8:30 pm
  • Cinci- welcome to this board. I just joined a couple of days ago and already feel invested in these wonderful ladies!

Diana- I am hoping for 10 pounds in October! Thanks for making me put it in writing!

Lauren- I know you can get to 190! Tell me when I need to give you a swift kick!

MamaP- 16 seems like a lot- shooting for the 10’s is doable! Good Luck!

Roxanne- I got lightheaded this morning. I left the house without any breakfast and had a doctors visit. My doctor is giving me Lipo B injections. I get the shot in my hip but it send a vitaminy taste to my mouth and I hate it but about 10:30 I still hadn’t eaten and I almost fainted. I quickly ate my breakfast bar and instantly felt better.

I had a big disappointment- mainly in myself. I always workout at 6PM with a trainer. Iwent early and did 1 hour cardio and went to meet her. She had me double booked. I was kind of irritated and I left. She is going to give me a double session on friday. But I left. Why didn't I even tr doing the weights. It didn't even cross my min. Makes me feel like she is a bad crutch for me. I certainly can't afford her forever. Ineed to learn to do these weights on my own. Anyway I left to just sit in the waiting room for dance to be over. I should have done better. POOH!

Stacy
  • 9-29-10 check in

140+ ounces water
    Zumba 20-minute Express workout (twice - once in the am and once in the pm)

Breakfast:
    Orange Juice - low blood sugar
    Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake

Lunch:
    Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast cooked with green beans and fire roasted stewed tomatoes
    Peach

Snack:
    Fiber One Bar

Dinner:
    Zucchini "spaghetti"
    Sliced Roast Beef with Cream Cheese
    1/2 ounce almonds

Total calories approximately 1175
  • Kris, Thanks I'm going food shopping today or tomorrow so I'll try the almond milk.

Dallas, I have been overweight so long that I would just suck it up. LOL, I would come home and go over and over in my head everything that I should have said. But I know me I would have felt so bad after saying something not too nice. SO in the end I still won ... great job at the gym, and great job on not getting discouraged because you couldn't find someone to go with you Yay on the signature

Blueridge YOU GO GIRL Congrats on your NSV. That workout reminds me of the 30DS which I find extremely hard to do. You're doing great Yes positive is better

Vixsin congrats on the 15lbs gone

Roxanne congrats on your "B" that is excellent. Don't feel bad about your eating the last 3 days, I haven't been the eater either, but the good thing is we always get another chance to try it/start again. I'm gonna try the shakes also. Hope they work for us

ebenz hope the cramps go away

Aubrey

shells thanks for the recipe. I bought some couscous yesterday, I was surprised to see it has no sodium, YAY. I only had the couscous, broccoli and I put in two ounces of chicken breast (didn't know about the other ingredients and yes it was quite dry and bland, but filling. So I'll definitely have to make it the right way ... for the people with the comments about our kids I just tell them that it was all in Gods plan. It usually shuts them up, because most shy away from religion and no one wants to argue with that
    Congrats shells on the 1lb down

Lauren Great job resisting the treats at the meetings

Diana I have gotten the point I read the labels on everything even when I go to the store with other people. It's so hard to find things that I like that don't have a ton of sodium or if the sodium is down then the calories are a ridiculous waste. I know you have to give in some where or we wouldn't eat anything

Hi sasha

Raven .2 isn't bad at all but I understand. Maybe instead of eating another entree you could have an apple or a cup of grapes if that fits into your plan. They are both only 60 calories and very satisfying ... just a thought.

Hi Stacy, LOL I had to go back to page 52 to catch up. It's truly busy here. I type from one paste copy it then go to the next page and paste until I get done. There are a lot of people ... fun, fun, fun. One big happy family here. Good for you on the house work, I need to follow suit

Roxanne hope you're feeling better I have gotten light headed before but it's usually because I need to eat so I grab something. Thank goodness I am at home the times it has happened.

Kris good for you on the workout

Dallas and Diana I sweat a ton period. I also gauge my workouts by sweat but I also say with the way I sweat I should be board thin

Hi Penguin, trying to get back to counting also, we'll do it

Hi cincimini I use to write everything down before hand it helped keep me on track and it's something I definitely will start up again October 1. Then I come bad before bed and post my actual eats, water and exercise here.

Wow that took a long time to catch up . I was up one pound today but not bummed. I had a good dinner salad and then messed it up with two cups of frozen yogurt last night. Oh well ... I thought I had today and I messed that up too. I have snacked and snacked today. I don't know what's getting into me. Our son brought home snickerdoodles from his scout meeting last night and I had 4 today (140 calories each), then I wanted some candy corn so I had that, then some ranch doritos and so on and so on. I did have a slim fast for breakfast before the junk and I did great for dinner with my salad. Then after church stopped at McDonald's because our oldest daughter just had to have a fry and what did I have ... a cone. I am promising myself that tomorrow will be a better day I keep saying October 1st, but I am speaking it a hour and a half before the new day ... WHY PUT OFF TIL TOMORROW WHAT YOU (I) CAN DO TODAY. So September 30th it is. Oh I think I'm catching a cold ... itchy throat, slight cough and sniffles ... hope it all goes away soon. Sorry this is all over the place catching up is not easy

Diana I think my goal for October will be to get out of the 160's. We'll see.

Good Night ALL.
  • Dianna: Your dinner sounds yummy!!

Dallas: Funny thing, I wasn't thinking I was skipping meals and I realized well, I did yesterday, I did this morning. Maybe that's it. I agree with you about the confidence. I never had it before.

Stacy: I would have been irritated too. Hopefully Friday goes better

Love: That's what I love, the chance to do it again. That its ok to be human, we try again. And succeed. And if we have a hard time we can come here and talk about it. Hope you feel better soon.

Has anyone else got the urge to just eat when they aren't hungry? I'm not talking about an emotional response. Usually when I am upset or happy, I reach for food. I'm breaking that habit...but oh my, lately I have been having cravings. Today, my SO put his dinner next to me, some brisket and a baked potatoe. I had to have him move his plate because I WANTED that potato. I'm not particularily hungry but oh man..... I had a small bite of the brisket though.

Oh, I told you guys about the puppy, well I cleaned off a big clump of dirt on her hip only to find out, it wasn't dirt. It was dried caked blood. She got a bite or sore and it abcessed. It's healing poor thing. She is fitting in so well and I DON'T want to take her to the pound. It's going to devestate her. (and me)

Dinner changed a little bit tonight. I didn't want soup after all so had a cup of rice with meat and acorn squash.

I also think I got in close to 40 ounces of water!

calories ended at 1475 for the day.

Roxanne
  • Thanks Roxanne ... I've had those cravings but usually when I see or smell it. Then my mouth starts to water, hehehe Poor puppy, hope she gets better soon, maybe you can keep just one more.
  • Hi everyone!

Today has been a hectic day, so I'm jumping on here quickly before I head to bed.

October goals: I'd like to lose 10 pounds this month. Dh and I put down a deposit for our 10 year anniversary trip. We'll be leaving May 27th, so I really need to get cracking on my weight! I'd love to lose 10 pounds a month if possible. If not, I'm not going to sweat it. Any weightloss is better than none or a gain!

Love2b--Glad you kinda tried the recipe. It IS a lot better with the extra ingredients. It's true too...God sent us our little ones.

Weight: Down .8!
    Exercise: 4 fast miles LS
    Breakfast: Cooked oats, splenda, cinnamon, apple, coffee
    Snack: Flaxseed, carrot and apple muffin
    Lunch: Lean Cuisine dijon steak tips
    Dinner: turkeyloaf muffins, salad
    Desert: fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding
    Calories: 1,058

Well, it's off to bed for me. I hope to see you guys tomorrow. We'll be gone for Friday, Sat and Sun for a wedding in deepest darkest Maine. The place is completely off grid, so we'll be staying in a cabin with only a fireplace for heat and an outhouse for a potty. That'll be fun with four little kids (and one still in diapers). And TOM is supposed to visit this weekend. UGH! Great timing. Then, once we get home, dh is going to pack and is off on a business trip bright and early Monday morning. He won't be back until late Wednesday. So, busy busy for us!

Nighty night!
  • Today went really well! Today is day 8...this morning was weigh in.
    -2.4 pounds -2" on my waist (-5.25" total lost this week!)

B- Cereal w/lowfat milk 190
    S- Strawberries 50
    L- LC pizza 310
    S- Pretzels 150
    D- Salad with a baked potato 500
    1200 calories

Pilates 20 minutes
    Running 20 minutes
    Walking 10 minutes
    (50 minutes total)
  • September 29,

coffee
    banana

chicken salad
    4 pieces fudge 2"
    cheese its

two slices bacon
    two egg omlette with veggies and cheese

two cookies + milk

Total =

Exercise
    Ped = 5,800

Weight,

LouHoo, where in TN are you?

Roxanne, sorry to hear your puppy is hurt.
  • Penguin: Clarksville!
  • LittleLindseyLouHoo Hi and Welcome!
  • Good Morning, All! We're getting close to the weekend! Let's make it a great day!
  • Mama - I think that's a good goal to have in mind, the 210's are not too far away so I know you can do it!

dallas - Short term goals are the best, they are motivating and encourgaing and I find it helps you stay on track - good idea!

cincim - You can post which ever way you like. Some of us plan what we are going to eat and some of write down what they did do that day. Whatever works well for you. I like posting what I plan to eat because I can clearly see how my day should look food wise, it keeps me accountable because I have already written it down.

roxanne - I can't remember if I ever felt dizzy or light headed. Is it every day you feel like this?? At a certain time of the day?? That puppy was def. lucky to find you!

Diana - This has been a long week!!!!! And I am def/ ready for the weekend!

dallas - I think we need to start another group hug

stacy - I def. could use a swift kick, I have been so blah about my food this week - could really do with some "motivation"

love2b150 - Today is a new day and there will always be a new one tomorrow, stick around hun - we can help keep you on track!

shells - Where are you heading on you anniversary trip??

LittleLindsey - Hi and Welcome! Great job on the loss, that's awesome

Penguin - Hellooooooooooo
  • I am not feeling great today girls, I haven't slept enough and my tummy just doesn't feel right. Perhaps I am coming down with something ... I really hope that's not the case but perhaps that could explain my lack of energy and motivation?!?!? I dunno. We'll see how I feel a bit later.

Anyways, at work our dept. recently got a new hire and this person wears A LOT of perfume (to cover up the smell of cigarettes). Every morning my allergies are terrible now and the smell feels like it is in my mouth and it makes me feel ill. My manager has been in an out of the office for the last couple of weeks and is now on vacation so I haven't had a chance to talk to her about it so I decided to go to our HR and ask them about the scent policy in the building. This morning I had just had enough of it, it is making me feel soooo sick. So yeh apparently we don't have one (great) so I am going to meet with the manager in HR to see if we can put one together. Has anyone had to deal with anything like this?? I don't want to handle the situation personally because I don't want it to effect any of our working relationships just in case she gets offended or upset when brought to her

Not sure what i'm gonna be eating today because not feeling well so not going to write out a plan - will update as I go.

Breakfast is 2 slices multi-grain toast w/ butter + couple of slices of tomato