It's been a year!

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Just a year ago today I decided to change my whole lifestyle. I got online and found some exercise dvds that I thought I could handle (which ended up being tae bo). I made my plan for the next day (it was already after dinnertime), and asked hubby to pick up said work out dvds for me while I was at work.

I don't know what it was that made me go through with it. I had never seriously tried to lose weight in the past but there were a few times in the past that I would decide to do it and be all gung ho for about an hour lol.

I ate what I had planned all day at work September 1st, 2009, and then I came home after a 10.5 hour workday and I did my first workout in years. After that, there was no stopping me. I didn't go over my calories even once, and I didn't even skip one work out the whole time I was in the initial losing phase.

On June 12, 2010 I reached my goal of 145. I maintained that more or less for about 2.5 months, and I've recently decided to lose a few more pounds. Anyway, I'm just very excited that I've stuck with this new lifestyle for a whole year. I don't even remember what it's like to not look at a nutrition label anymore!!

So, to celebrate, I thought I'd post a few pics from this weekend, compared to a few pics from a year ago These aren't my official goal pics and I don't think those will be here for quite a while as I'm losing weight slowwwly, but it's still exciting!

Thanks 3fc community for listening and for being there ALWAYS (even 3AM hehe)

Before:

Now:

• You look great! I am so impressed...what a transformation. Good job.
  • :da nce: Congrats! you look amazing and i bet you feel great! Such an inspiration for a new comer like me!
  • OMG you are sooo beautiful and you have such an amazing will power!
    Congrats! You are very inspiring!
  • Ummm...forgive me but why do you want to lose more weight??? You look fantastic!!!!
  • Thanks for sharing your story. We celebrate with you.
  • Thank you, thank youuu! It's really great to share this with all of you because I've been inspired by SO many of you!

ThicknPretty: Thank you! I love reading your posts because I can relate to some body image issues that you've spoken out about.

Pandabear: It means a lot to me to be able to inspire other people because looking at before and after pictures and reading the stories took up A LOT of my time at the beginning of my journey lol! Good luck!

Philosia: Thank you so much! However, my will power while maintaining was really not so good. I've gotten it back full force, though

Slim CB: Thank you. I can understand where you are coming from but these are just selected pics. I can show you manyyy pictures that show that I really do still have a lot of fat on my body. Especially in my midsection. If I were pear shaped perhaps I wouldn't be concerned, but I know that the amount of fat I have in my midsection is actually still considered "unhealthy" even though my weight is healthy. I am also very small boned/small framed so I can have a lower weight compared to others at my height.

mrhighnotes: Thank you so much!

Thanks again! I just can't believe how fast a year of healthy living went by. It felt SO much easier than I could have ever imagined!
  • You look absolutely amazing! Congratulations!!!
  • Amazing! You look great! Congratulations on 1 year.
  • You are truly an inspiration. We are the same height and pretty close to the same starting weight. I want to lose 100lbs in a year and seeing your pics makes me realize it isn't an impossible goal. Great Job girl!!
  • way to go!
  • Thanks for sharing! You are gorgeous and your story inspires me! I also started my weight loss plan about a year ago though haven't stayed on plan or exercised as much as I want to, but I know if I stick to it where I can end up.
  • Hickory0305, Kismet89, and bonnie2009: Thank you so so much

justjill124: If your info is up to date, you're already half way there!!! Congrats!! I know when I was around your current weight, it really started to sink in, and I was finally able to see the weight loss (it's tough to see early on when you're tall, isn't it??)

Everlasting: You've done an AMAZING job with almost 80 pounds lost already. I think it's about making it a forever plan that is important. So exercising more than you would normally will only get you there a little faster; it's insignificant. The real goal is to learn how to figure out what is right for YOUR lifestyle forever, which you've done.
  • You are GORGEOUS!!!!
  • Congrats! You are such an inspiration to everyone on 3FC, especially me!