Calorie counts on airplanes and movie theaters..

• http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...475610064.html

Consumers now might be able to get information about the calorie counts and other nutritional information from a range of businesses. The FDA will specify the rules in December, but it looks like any business that serves food and has over 20 locations will have to post calorie counts. This includes airplanes and movie theatres! I think this is a win for consumers. It will also force businesses to offer healthier options.
  • awesome! thanks for sharing!
  • how great is that! I still eat "bad foods" sometimes when I'm calorie counting but will only eat them if I know how many calories they are. This means that a lot of my favorite restaurants have not seen me in a while because they dont have a calorie menu. I cant be the only one who does this. I think it could actually be GOOD for business!
  • Well, fast food restaurants tried healthier foods and they didn't sell. I don't think this will make that much difference to more than half the population.
  • This is part of the federal healthcare legislation that passed this year.

The county where I live in MD has similar legislation - ours has rolled out already. It hasn't forced anyone to offer healthier options (yet) but its definately eye-opening.