Wonderslim #4

You're on Page 2 of 34
Go to
  • Kristi - WAY TO GO!! Isnt it fun to shop and fit into smaller sizes!! I love to shop, especially outlet mall shopping. We are going to the lake next weekend and there is a fabulous outlet mall there - I will have so much fun! I love to bargain shop, so when I find something I love in a smaller size, I buy it and put it in my closet with the tags still on. As I lose weight, I keep trying on until it fits and then I rip the tags off! So, every 10 pounds or so I get to go shopping in my own closet.

I do not do the jumping jacks when I do the shred, no way-no how! I just do the best I can and go through the motions without leaving the ground. I remember Susan Powder too. I wish I had some of the old "Sweatn to the Oldies" videos by Richard Simmons - I wonder if he still sells them? They were so much fun!!!

Well, I am going to sign off for the night. My nephews are racing motocross tomorrow so it will be a fun day.
  • Oh, I keep forgetting to ask if anyone is on facebook. If so, you can friend me. You can search for me under Janell Johnson Pottorff.
  • Just found this new thread. I have been so frustrated with this site, it takes forever and two days to get a single thread to come up, so I quit posting. I've lost 22 lbs, still hanging in here. September 1 is my birthday so I'm not going to stick to it on that day, sorry. I've been exercising two and a half hours a day four days a week since last November, at my age that's enough for me. But I'm behind you all the way. haha
  • Paula, I think it is really slow at times too. I just keep hanging in there and for me, it has gotten faster. That is a lot of exercise!! Wow, how do you do it? Are you one that loves to exercise, or do you make yourself do it? I have never been one that enjoys it, but I know I have to make it a part of my daily life to be healthy and strong. What type of exercise do you do?
  • Day 2 = Success!!

Well, I'm into day 3 (dont' worry, at some point I'll quit my daily count) and so far, so good!! Stayed completely on program yesterday and so far today too. I'm liking the food, but I don't think I'll even try the oatmeal (hot cereal brings back too many bad memories of suffering through it every morning as a child!) and get the choco cereal instead.

Kristi: Ican't PM yet either. I'm also getting into couponing. A CVS just opened right next to my work parking lot. So I clipped my coupons this AM and I'll do a big shop there tomorrow before I come home from work. I've read the saving blogs on how to do it, so I think I'm set! My friend takes what she "saves" in coupons each week and puts it aside for her kids. Then she uses the money to pay for their trips to AZ to see her parents. Great idea, no?

Paula & Janell: I find the site super slow too. I keep hoping it will get better but so far no luck!
  • slow for me too - today it was a bit quicker, but for about a week it's been rediculous!

Janell - what a great idea to bargain shop for smaller sizes and then when you get to that size, you are all ready with some outfits...Glad to know that I'm not alone in the no-jumping jack shred!!

Paula - WOW that is a ton of exersize..I'm interested to know if you love exersize or if you just make yoursef too...I'm not a lover of it, but know if I don't do it -I'll stall like crazy!

Meg - WTG on your successful first few days! We don't mind at all for you to post your daily count!! Your enthusiasm is adorable and contagious!! So keep it coming!!

I'm on FB too: Kristi Curtis Judkins, Janell - I'll look you up next time I'm on there!!
  • Paula and anyone else that is having probs. with slowness of the website. Since I am not experiencing the problem, it is either 1) that it has always been slow and I have just not noticed - Ha! or 2) have Adblock Plus that helps alot.
    Also, Paula, since you are already exercising 4 days a week, and every other day is all that is required for the challenge you are already doing more than us!
    Anyway, it is up to you on whatever way you want to do it. Big congrats on your 22# loss!!!
    Jannell - I have gotten videos and books both on Amazon.com.......you might find that old Richard Simmons one there.
    I have not heard anymore from anyone about the extra points for staying OP and getting water in for the Challenge. What's the consensus? I am okay with that if everyone else wants to. That way we would be going for 3 points every other day and 2 points on the other two. So that would add up to a maximum of 16 possible points per week. Right?
  • Of course, I forgot stuff on the last post.......will try again.
    Goddess - We like hearing from you and you do not have to apologize for your 'daily report'! Just glad to hear things are going well for you and it helps all of us to stay accountable.
    Kristi - Yay!!! on your shrunken size!!! It is a cool thing to be that much smaller........just think, I would bet you will be in a size 18 by the Holidays.......it is entirely feasible! Then, with all that moolah you are saving on groceries you can save up for a new wardrobe!!
    It's funny - I am always using that phrase "Big Wiener"! Speaking of which...
    The Challenge again. Am not sure, but there must be some Noteriety for being the winner of the
  • oooooooooooooPPPPS! Don't know how I managed that, but poked something wrong and my message posted in mid-sentence. What I was going to say is that there must be some Noteriety for being winner of the FIRST 3FCWS CHALLENGE! Maybe we could bribe Kristi into crafting the certificate! However, if you are the winner, Kristi, someone else would have to do the certificate for you.
    Maybe we should seek out our moderator to find out how these things work exactly?
  • I have been on other support boards where the winner gets to fly a fun banner. It is also fun to have a weekly winner that gets to 'wear the crown' as they say. Us newbies can't have signatures until we have 20 days and 20 posts under our belts, but can after we have met those requirements. I am ALL about prizes

So, how about points for exercise, points for water, and points for eating on plan? Is that too complicated? Just a suggestion.

Kristy - great to see you on facebook - you have a beautiful family.
  • I'd love to be "in charge" of the weiners certificate or goody prize or whatever!! But if it's me (and it SO will be somebody else better step in!!)

I'm all for points for it all...that's just more of keeping accountable!

Janell - Thanks!! I love my family I didn't have time to browse your pics, but your profile pic is adorable - yall look soooo happy!! I think it's fun to really "see" other folks instead of just an avatar pic! But you are beautiful in both!! I don't get to FB as much as I'd like to - just a quick post every once in a while and might have time to read all the updates on everyone - but most of the time not Dang job!

Yall have a good day - I've got to get busy!
  • I have a tiara sitting on my desk (every woman should have one!). I could wear it in honor of the Challenge winner!

Day 3 went well. My "lean" meats these next couple of days won't be so lean. I have ribs in the crockpot for tonight. I did broil off (some of) the fat first. I had a t-bone steak thawed for last night, but DH wasn't hungry when I was so I had a left over pork chop.

I purchased a Single Serve blender and have it in my office now so I can whip up my shakes whenever I need to. I forgot my little container of milk for my cereal and it's just not the same dry!
  • The points thing sounds good for the challenge. As for the staying OP thing...would that be eating WS style? Or staying OP for the "style" we've chosen for ourself? As for me, I've been mixing the WS with South Beach...so I'm not strictly WS. Thoughts? Also...how much water? The straight 64 oz? Or just whatever we decide for ourselves? Ugh..so many questions...ha ha ha.

It past challenges I've done, the winner/wiener got to have a crown as their avatar for a certain period of time....until they were de-throned ) I'm fine with something like that.

Kristi/Janell....I don't do the jumping jacks either...I do more of a jog in place type thing while I move my arms up and down...jumping jacks kill my shins too much. I get terrible shin splints.

Kristi - as far as not running/jogging for the couch to 5k stuff...just walk briskly, then slowly....as long as you're getting your fanny off the couch and out of your craft room...that's all that matters ) You can build up to the jogging.

Weekend was fun. Went away to a Keith Urban/John Mayer concert. There was a lot of drama with the people I went with, but that aside, it was fun. I want to go back to a concert there....without them next time...he he he

Today is my b'day!!! Woot, woot!! Going to lunch with a friend today, then going to dinner with my parents tonight. I will be as good as possible...no promises...thankfully the challenge doesn't start until Sept. 1
  • Somedays I love it more than others! Mostly I do it because of how it makes you feel afterwards! I used to be a gym rat in my 20s and 30s, then we moved to CA and I had a three hour a day commute. I exercised at various gyms at lunch time but finally it got to be too much and I quit. That's how I gained all this weight, cause up until then I ate pretty much what I wanted to. Stupidly once I quit exercising I kept on eating the same, plus getting older and now menopause. Don't do like I did, get it off at an earlier age cause it's slow going now. As for what I do, I joined the Y. My typical workout is half an hour on the treadmill, interval speeds, so it goes faster and slower and goes on an incline and flat. I find that is helping more than just doing the same speed all the time. Once a week I take a Zumba class, it's an hour and it's FAST, but so much fun. If you can try it out I think you would all love it, you're just dancing and forget how hard you are working. Anyway, first I do treadmill, then circuit training with all the weight machines, and then I go and swim in the pool to cool off, but I found I could do more and more laps all the time so that's helping too. If you hate to exercise but can dance or swim I think that makes it so much easier. I have to have my R and B and funk music on my iPod for the treadmill or I would pass out from boredom.

I'm so glad we have this thread, so many nice people and it encourages us to stick to it.
  • Almost forgot...someone asked about how you know how many posts are in a thread. Look at the top right hand corner of someone's post. You'll see the number sign (#), then a number....for instance this post is #30 (unless someone posts before me while I'm trying to get this typed) The font is white on my computer screen...so I can barely see it...but it's there...hope that helps.