New Atkins Book

• Hi. Anyone have the new Atkins book? Was thinking on giving it a spin.

Thanks....
  • From what I have read you should try to find the old atkins book. I have the older version. The new book is a little different and pushes the atkins products i.e. shakes and atkins bars.

Hope this helps.
  • I have the new book and like it a lot, in fact I've read the whole thing. It really made me feel like I could sustain the program. It doesn't seem so restrictive. It also give good explanations for the program. I highly recommend it.
  • JerseyGyrl says "NO" to the newer Atkins' books (after 2002 I think), but I haven't seen the one you may be referencing. It may be just what you need. How new is it? I'll check Amazon.com and see what's on Amazon...Title? publication date?
  • In my opinion, the "new" book, New Atkins For A New You, is a great reference book. By that I mean, it gives a good scientific explaination of a low carb lifestyle. That being said, as far as the Atkins eating plan goes & the way to do it correctly, I am a firm believer in doing it the way Dr. Atkins himself wrote it. Sadly, once Atkins Nutritionals Inc. got their greedy mitts into the pot, Atkins bars & shakes were suddenly "appropriate for Induction". Dr. Atkins created those products to be used for emergencies, in situations when no other low carb options were available....not to be eaten on a daily basis.
    I believe the "new" book has its place as it is a great explantion of how & why low carb works but....to truly do Atkins, that needs to come from the good Dr. himself.
  • Thanks Ladies. I found the 1992 copy at a used book store (looks like it was never opened) and will get the new one just to check out (I have a $3 rebate and a 33% off coupon for it).

I made the bar/substitute food mistake the first time with Atkins. I do like the bars for a quick breakfast though.

Enjoy what is left of summer....