A period? 2 months in a row?

• Could it be? For the first time in over a decade, I have gotten a period 28 days after my previous months cycle ended. I was so used to having a period once every 3 months, if that. I've been known to go 6 or 7 months without a "visit", lol. Even when I weighed this same weight when I was 21 I didn't get it regularly...I am admittedly in better physical shape now than I was then, since I work out regularly and am watching my diet. It's just exciting to see my body responding to all my hard work and beginning to function normally! I might even have to go get on birth control since my husband and I can't afford to have a child until he is out of school. We stopped trying to prevent pregnancy right before our wedding (we were both working full time) and for 4 years, no luck. Then he got laid off in January and is starting school in September, but since I couldn't seem to get pregnant I never worried about getting back on birth control, but now I may be getting back in the groove, so I should probably make an appointment with my doctor...
  • That happens to me too!
  • Yay!!!! I know just how getting a period within a NORMAL period of time feels! It's AMAZING!!!
  • Thats awesome!! I just got mine again too after about 7 months without having one! Yay for health!!
  • Have always had irregular periods. I went 9 months without a period once (celibate at the time) at my highest weight. Lost the weight and started having super regular periods.

Yup, be careful with birth control.

But when I lost the last 20 pounds, I became irregular again. Oh, well. Not a big deal considering I'm 40 and don't want kids. But I want my regular periods again.
  • YAY! I haven't had a period in almost 2 years thanks to PCOS. I'm hoping with Diet & excercise me & my hubby can FINALLY conceive!!
  • ::is happy for you:: i have also started to get my period regularly too cause i lost about 25lbs, i havent had it in years so i am happy that i got it back, and then i am not lol
  • I'm happy for you! I hope to be getting regular periods again soon too. Some regularity is always a good thing!
  • Woot! And since you're looking so good, maybe you should get in to see your doctor soon
  • yay for normal periods!! Mine are crazy abnormal right now, about every 2 weeks complete with pms and cramps, it's driving me batty
    Good luck with trying to conceive