For ladies Re: TOM

• It's that TOM and i have gained almost five pounds, Do any of you take a water pill, drink tea,???
    My 10 pound loss has now turned to 5 it's just not fair.
    Help...
  • You still lost the weight so don't worry!

Have you considered not weighting during your period? It might be less frustrating. And hydration is very important so I don't think that "water pills" are ever a good idea.

I do struggle with cravings (salt and sweet) so always allow myself 300-500 extra calories for two or three (at the most) days. This way it's planned in advance and I don't end up feeling like a total failure.
  • I tend to drink more water and not weigh in during my period. It's too discouraging! I find though that if I drink more water and watch my salt intake I feel better during that time.
  • I'm sorry. I'm confused...who's TOM? And Never Weigh When You're Having a Period...too upsetting. It's not a true weight. Water pills aren't a good idea unless you're prescribed them by your doctor. It's dangerous to fiddle with your hydration with diuretics unless you're under a doctor's supervision. Drink your water, take a walk every day or evening, and don't weigh for a calendar week. This too shall pass...literally!
  • I feel stupid...TOM is Time Of Month...but it's not my first rodeo with stupid, and it won't be my last!
  • I usually see a weight gain the first or so Day of TOM but then I always see an even bigger loss when it's over so it all works out. Yes, the gain is discouraging but I know why it's there and the extra loss is always very welcome.

Just drink water and don't overindulge any cravings and you'll be fine!
  • I just go with the flow.

I've put on 3-5 lbs and the same lbs disappear when TOM is over. So I just try to drink water, keep things low stress, and let it clear up on its own. There's no need to worry about it.

A.
  • Thank you all for your kind and helpful words. I will keep all the info in mind
    and will not weigh during that time. I also get the sweet and salt cravings and you guys have given me some excellent information on that , thanks so much, i feel somewhat better.
  • I feel your pain. Hehe!
  • I hear ya, it can be discouraging during TOM. But I agree don't weigh at that time! Wait till it is all over, and it will all come back off.
  • thank you, a lesson learned! i did weight this morning and lost 2 pounds yeah!
  • yes as expected, you get a big "loss" after your period. When I had periods, that weight a couple days afterward was my favourite, I always saw it as my most "true" weight. Should have just weighed once a month, but am addicted to my scale, am in terrible withdrawal here at the cottage.
  • Thank you all.