Lowest weight in adulthood - hard to believe I got here!

• I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed 157.2 pounds. I wasn't surprised or shocked, since I've known it was coming. But, at the same time, it's crazy to think that I've NEVER seen that number on the scale before. From here on out, all the numbers I see on the scale are going to be brand new to me.

I've been overweight/obese my entire life. I don't remember a time when I wasn't the heavy girl, shopping in the Sears Pretty Plus department (at least I wasn't a boy having to shop in the Husky section!). I remember being weighed at school - did anyone else have this yearly torture time at their elementary school? - and being horrified that my weight was being written down. Yuck.

I've always hovered somewhere between 180-200 pounds. My highest weight (that I know of) was around 210 right after college. About 7 years ago, I was pretty strict on South Beach and got down to 158, then realized my body hated eating like that I freaked out and went back up to 190+. I know, this time, that I'm doing something sustainable for ME. I'm counting calories, exercising 4-6 times a week, and am more than ok with losing a pound a week.

Goal is only 22 pounds away! Thanks to all the support and encouragement, advice and wisdom on 3FC, I know I can do this. The number on the scale today might say 157.2, but pretty soon even that will be in my rearview mirror forever.
  • Wow I am so happy for you.

Well done you deserve it xxx
  • Congrats!!
  • YAY!!!!!!!! thats so awesome!!!!! you will be at goal in NO time flat
  • Congratulations!
  • Congratulations! You are so close to goal!!!

I remember Pretty Plus. Blah.
  • Great job! No matter where your goal is, you're feeling good and I bet looking healthy. Be proud of yourself!
  • WOW!! that rocks.
  • congrats
  • Congratulations on your achievement! You're going to be at goal before you know it. Way to go!!
  • that must be such a good feeling! Congrats!!
  • Congrats!!!! Thank you for being an inspiration!!!