Christian Encourager's AUGUST Thread ...

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • What a lovely day we had today -- we packed a small lunch and went out fishing with some friends for the afternoon ... and I was the only one who caught a fish! It was a young one about 18" long, so I set him free (catch & release) so that he can continue to grow big & strong for the future ...

This was a perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon; but it did start to get really by late afternoon, so DH had a wee nap before dinner ... And since it was way too to cook, we picked something up for dinner, but I made a mixed salad to go along with that at home, and shared half of it with our dear Fido.

We will be going to get new tires on our car tomorrow in preparation for our upcoming holiday in September -- we are going down south to stay at NUMPSTER's B & B for a week; and then we are supposed to be staying over at a friend's place on the way back home as well. We hope to go see some places that we have wanted to see but just didn't get a chance to before.

I will let you know when we are going exactly, for we would appreciate "Traveling Angel Prayers" for the whole trip. We haven't been on a long trip like this since my mother's funeral in 1993.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week coming up ... Rosebud
  • HI THERE ~ well, we got the new tires on our car; it's nice to have them all match for a change ... and they look really nice too! DH has worked hard on his hobby to find enuff pin money to buy himself a second-hand electric bike; right now he is trying to get it to charge. So far, only got a partial charge -- turns out that it may need new batteries ...

We've had some more weather lately, but not too bad (only in the 80's) this time; it's much more bearable. They are predicting a bit a for tomorrow; that might things off a bit for us. Been keeping on plan pretty well lately. Have been trying to find lighter things to eat for dinner this week, as that is when it gets the hottest here.

Been resting up my legs tonight; have been retaining water lately. Hope you all are having a great week; take good care ... Rosebud
  • Rosebud got on my scales this morning, in my birthday suit, and they said I gained 3 pounds! Got to the Doc's office and they wanted to weigh me again! To my surprise with my heavy shoes and all said I lost 2 pounds!
  • YEAH, BOOTSIE ~ hey, that's better than what happens to me -- they try to say that our scales are off but DH weighs himself on them and it works OK for him. The nurse was not nice to me the last time they weighed me there so now I am weighing myself on my scale only. She made me weigh with my winter boots and coat on (talk about 10+lbs or more); plus clothes, of course.

When I said, "Maybe I should take my coat and boots off" ... she replied ... "Does it matter?" I said, "I b e g y o u r p a r d o n?" and then she repeated the same ignorant remark ... DAH ... this is not my usual nurse; now I'm stuck with MRS. CRABAPPLE -- all the nice ones have left the office for some reason. JESUS, HELP ...

Anywho, despite that, the rest of our life is going well ... THANK YOU, JESUS!!! We went up town to do errands and a wee bit of shopping this AM and picked up a few deals; stuff that we can have that won't make the place too hot. Am doing some laundry right now in between posting here; then will cut up the rest of my Rhubarb for the freezer.

We hope to go blueberry picking and fishing this weekend and/or next week; we usually go twice, as they are predicting cooler weather for next week. Our Summerfest & Blueberry Festival will be starting soon; they are putting up the tents and stuff right now.

I am putting a small request in the Prayer Warriors thread for an old neighbour of ours; we ran into her on the main street crying her eyes out -- poor dear. Her father suddenly fell sick yesterday and died last night; and this family really relied on him for everything. They don't know what he died from so an autopsy will be done today (and once again, the doctors are suspecting an infection or virus of some kind, but the results are not in yet). They could use some prayers: the Matthews family, wife Frances, and all the kids & grandkids that were living with them ... that GOD will comfort them and help them all find their way (how to keep their home, etc).

Hope you are all enjoying the last month of summer; take good care and have an Awesome August ... Rosebud
  • HI EVERYBODY ~ hope you are all having a fabulous Friday night out there ... we had homemade wg subs for dinner tonight for our Friday Fun Food -- healthy and good for us too. I put sliced tomato and lots of lettuce on mine as well with lean meat.

GOOD NEWS ~ one of DH's friends came over and checked over his new electric bike; and he discovered that one of the batteries could only take a partial charge, but the other one is good. So he lent us one to try the bike out and DH went for his first "REAL" ride tonight. My, DH was so happy -- he was really concerned that he had made a big mistake, but we only have to get one battery for now. Later on, he will buy a third one to make sure he has a back-up, just in case. GOD BLESS his friend, G, for his help as it does take some mechanical and electrical know-how to figure this kind of bike out. While they were changing the battery, some boys came by and kept asking DH to sell them the bike ... so cute ... then they all had a race up the nearest hill (them on pedal bikes; and DH & G on their electric ones), leaving the boys in the wind ...

It was very and humid here today; so I just stayed home and did stuff indoors today with the air conditioner & de-humidifier on ... We are a bit spoiled and very blessed too. We are also celebrating our town's 100 year birthday this year; so they are planning lots of extra celebrations this year at the Blueberry Festival & Heritage Days & Centennial all in one. DH tried his hand at fishing in the lakes today, but no luck; but one of our town mascots did pay him a wee visit for awhile.

Have a wonderful weekend, folks ... Rosebud
  • HI GALS ~

A pretty easy week-end wrapping up here. Angie has been at her sister's house, 150 miles away, since Saturday morning. She will be home tomorrow when I get home from work.

The dogs and I did a couple of walks, getting in 5.5 miles and typical household chores. It was a much needed rest week-end for me. The commute of over 200 miles each day right now is taking it's toll on me....nothing new in my trade

Church was great today, my sister and niece came so they sat with me. The sermon was on how we all are important in God's eyes and He takes the most insignificant of us (we feel) and does wonders.

Rosebud I saw on the news here yesterday that the electric bikes are really going fast!

Have a great week Ladies
  • What an inspiration this thread is ... Prayer Warriors, so glad to have found it. I'm just starting my weight loss journey and I call on Jesus all the time. I've heard "He can, I can't, Let Him ... " in a 12-step program I read about. I'm going to keep that tape running in my head.

Thanks!
  • Hi,Gypsy
    He's the only one that can give you the strength to make it threw your journey.Seek him and he will give you the desires of your heart Good luck!!!
  • GYPSEY ~ glad you found us over here; come back often so we can get to know you better ...

ONAMI ~ nice to see you pop by for a visit too.

GARY ~ Yes, we really squeezed the budget this month to get it for him but it is worth it to see how much he loves it, since the old body can't take the hills like they use to. BTW, we really feel for ya having to drive that far each way back & forth to work (too bad you couldn't rent a place during the week like you did before); so sending up prayers for travel and sleep angels too ...

We had some on and off all day, but that's OK as my green beans need it. I can actually see some little baby beans on them now ... finally! Plus my gladiolas are finally blooming too; these ones are much bigger than the ones I had last year, so they took longer. I didn't know that you have to pull the bulbs out and store them over the winter ... but now I do, so live and learn, as they say!

I roasted a wee chicken for dinner with piles and piles of veggies; filled the whole roasting pan, so we have lots leftover for another meal, plus veggies for a couple other meals too. I think a nice pot of homemade soup might be nice this week as the temps are cooling off a bit ... and I don't mind one bit!!!

Take care everyone; and have a great day tomorrow ... Rosebud
  • Rosebud do they make 3 wheel electric bikes? At my age and the way I have accidents that sounds safer for me.
  • I'm not sure about that -- it is possible that in the U.S. someone does make them. DH's is a 2 wheel and I'm like you, I would like a scooter for people with challenges. I hope to save up enuff to get one sometime. I bet if you GOOGLED that, you might just find something ...

We have been having a mix of & on and off all day today; it has been a bit cooler too, so we decided to stay home and just do a big house cleaning this AM. Spent the afternoon relaxing and reading; and got some pictures of my gladiolas that are finally blooming. Will post pics as soon as they are ready.

The weather people are saying things will warm up again, so we may get out to pick blueberries or get up to the lot yet this week. I realized that I'd better start getting our suitcases ready for our holiday soon. I can't believe how time is passing so fast; it is exciting but it can be a bit nerve-wracking getting prepared, so I think I'd better start now.

Hope you all have a great week ... Rosebud
  • hey everyone!

What a nice thread you all have here! I love it!

I'm fairly new to the forum and I'm exploring different support group forums as the days progress and what a nice little treasure you guys are here hiding at the end of the list!

Its nice to kinda get to know yall on this thread! And I hope to be stopping by more frequently and maybe get some encouragement and good ideas from you all more often
  • Hello
    May I join?
    Last year life was good.. and I was working out and eating healthy.
    and this year. things have gone horrible..
    and I am starting to gain and feel very lost.. trying to dig out of
    that pit.. and get back to being healthy..

I would lOve the support of people who believe in god...

Thank you!
  • Good morning everyone I hope that all is well! I am having a pretty good week, thankfully! I thanking god that he is giving me strenght and will power on this journey.
  • WELCOME EVERYONE!

Short on time tonight plus Angie has 11 teacher friends kicking off the new school year with their monthly BUNKO game...

I need to keep an eye on my mutts...