• Hello
    This is day 6 on Atkins and I am so happy I have lost 6 pounds.

I do have a question, How often do you weigh? I have the old book that says
    to weigh each day, the past 2 days I have lost zero pounds, still i am pleased
    with 6 pounds, but I am a little discouraged that i did not lose this morning.

I will will continue to post, this will help hold me accountable.
    Thanks.
  • Hi and welcome! Congratulations on your weight loss...six pounds is awesome. Newer Atkins publications tell you not to weigh so often. I weigh once a week on Thursday at my doctor's office...why? 'Cause I literally threw my scales over the deck railing into the garbage bin in frustration several years ago, and I don't own any.

I just run in and hop on his scales - no problem. The scales are accurate, easy to read and I'm not tempted to hop on and off the scales all week. I use ketostix for daily encouragement; I'm one of those people who turn nice and purple when I'm in ketosis, so I like to reassure myself "I'm burning!" Good luck and post often - that encourages me too.

• I must admit that I am a daily weigher and I have the ketone sticks as well. lol. Don't let weight loss stall discourage you. I am on week 2 and have not lost anything for 3 days. I think it is just my body adjusting to the new lifestyle. I did the same thing in week one and then after 3 days I dropped another 3 pounds. Just hang in there.
  • I weigh every morning. Probably shouldn't, but that's what I do. Some days I love the scale, and others I think it hates me. But I only allow ONE weigh day per week to stick as the official one. I do that one every Friday morning.
  • I'm guilty of weighing daily but I'm trying to break that habit. I know my weight can fluctuate day to day.

Welcome to 3FC & the Atkins Board
  • Guilty of being a daily weigher here too. I jump on first thing in the morning. Rather than doing it to see if I am losing I think I use it to show myself how far I have come from the beginning. Being a person who has struggled with weight loss her whole life and have given up on all sorts of "diets" I use the scale to prove to myself that this Atkins thing is really working.

Welcome,
  • Thank you all for the warm welcome.
    Yeah this morning I lost 2 pounds , In 7 days I have lost a whopping 8
    pounds.
    I am so happy.

This is my one week mark and i think i will try to weigh only every couple of days and not every day i do get discouraged easily . I haven't measured yet but i plan to do so today.

I just wanted to thank you all, I have been lurking maybe 3 mos and you all have inspired me ( I CAN DO THIS)
  • Good for you!
    Great results! I'm glad to decided to stop lurking and talk to us. We all need each other's support.
  • thanks so much.