How much is a cheat day?

• How often and how much (i.e. like one day/week), and how much did you indulge? (500 calories, 1000 calories...?)

This is one day cheat meal for me:

1/2 cup milk
    bread
    1 egg

1/2 cup rice
    green beans
    90g ground beef

watermelon
    strawberries

cheat meal

6 medium whole wheat, thin crust brucheta pizza .
    (usually i will have more veggies than this day)

What do you all think , and how you cheat meals look like.
  • You ate 6 pizza's? (or you had a 6 inch pizza?) Big difference!

Yesterday we went to the city to celebrate my 45th Birthday. I worked hard all week to be a pound or 2 below goal so that I could indulge in what I wanted. I had a healthy 300 calorie breakfast at home before we left. FOr lunch I ate a delicious BBQ restaurant meal, (BBQ chicken breast, 3 spare ribs, coleslaw, baked beans and potato wedges) Not hugh portions but I did drown things in the super hot & spicy BBQ sauce. (5 of us split a dessert) and for supper I had a medium French Silk pie Blizzard from DQ. (OMG! 920 calories).

I had about 3000 calories for the day. I was up one pound this morning. It was delicious, but I worked for it, and I know I will not do it again today. Mainly because I also bought 2 new adorable outfits and another swim suit, (all size 6) and I am loving shopping WAY better than food!
  • My cheat day will be July 31st and I plan on trying out a new place called Sweet CeCe's, its a a frozen yogurt place
  • I recently had an off day, I had planned for it, it was a buffet that serves sushi, that is mainly what I go for. I ate the amount I use to before I started losing. I felt horrible for hours after that. I will still keep using sushi as a reward but less of it.
  • I don't call it a cheat day, but for me I guess it would be eating on the high end of my calorie range. I am allowed 1940 for weight loss right now. Yesterday I ate 1922 calories and it included lunch at McDonald's and a single serving of 230 calorie Haagan Daaz ice cream. However, I also went swimming yesterday and I am doing physical labor of floor installation that I don't normally do - so I don't feel bad about it at all. This morning I was down 1.2 from yesterday.
  • Oh boy, did I have an off-plan day yesterday, but I planned for it. (yup, the ol' "planned off-plan")

First, I ran 5 miles.

I had 1/2 a sandwich thin with 1 tbsp peanut butter and half a sliced banana for breakfast.

I had 2 oz of chicken breast and fresh veggies in half a whole wheat tortilla for lunch with fruit.

Then I went to a Candyland-themed birthday party... and had Twizzlers, swedish fish, gumdrops and a slice of cake.

3 oz of chicken for dinner.

Two beers at a concert.

Ten glasses of water throughout the day.

Comes out to about 2200 calories. I was down .8 this morning.

Of course, the birthday party was unusual -- and eating that much sugar and junk in one day is unusual. A normal high-calorie day would look somewhat similar, though, but insert "restaurant dinner" for "candy party and beer."
  • Quote: I recently had an off day, I had planned for it, it was a buffet that serves sushi, that is mainly what I go for. I ate the amount I use to before I started losing. I felt horrible for hours after that. I will still keep using sushi as a reward but less of it.
    Can someone set me straight on this? I thought sushi was really low fat and very healthy? I've seen it talked about a few times as though it's naughtiness personified and I'm confused.
  • Cheat days are just undoing what you have done and cause cravings and set you up for failure. I have one slice of veggie pizza and a salad and I certainly don't consider it a cheat meal. If you don't learn new and good eating habits, the weight will not stay off.
  • Quote: You ate 6 pizza's? (or you had a 6 inch pizza?) Big difference!

I had 6 medium slice of pizza

Thanks everyone , i just want to know how is everyone free days.
  • Quote: Can someone set me straight on this? I thought sushi was really low fat and very healthy? I've seen it talked about a few times as though it's naughtiness personified and I'm confused.
    sushi is pretty high in carbs, with the white rice.. Which can be considered bad for a lot of dieters.