Alternachicks Halloween Challenge

You're on Page 4 of 22
Go to
  • I'm sooo glad I found this! I would like to lose 35-40 pounds by Halloween. Would be awesome to feel so much lighter and sexier as I'm dressing up as Ms. Lovette.
  • Ooh, count me in as well! I am really glad I found this because I was thinking I needed to kick things up a notch a make a firm short-term goal. So thanks for the idea!

Can I still play if I only weigh myself twice a month? I don't like weighing in more than that.

Here's my goal: I want to lose 20 lbs. by Halloween, bringing my total weight loss to 56 lbs. That sounds like a reasonable, attainable goal.

So excited! :jump:
  • Welcome everyone!

asharksrevenge - Of course you can still play.
  • Hi everyone, I'd like to join the challenge! I guess I'd like to lose 10 kg by Halloween -- 22 lbs. Currently I am 161.8 so that would put me right in the 130s. I haven't been in the 130s in 6000 years so that would be magical.

My other goal is to run a 5k on October 30th. Originally I hoped to do a half marathon but I fell behind on my training so instead I'll do the 5k. You can wear costumes! I love Halloween.
  • I lovvve the posting our halloween pix idea! I'll definitely contribute

Love that baseball costume Rhythm! Very cute.

I don't know what I want to dress as yet... but I've been looking, everything's just so cute! I can't make up my mind! :-)
  • Hi everyone! I'm new here too, and just saw this. I would love to join the challenge! Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I'd love to wear a cute costume this year. My goal will be to lose 20lbs. I also want to be able to run my first 10k by then. It's actually on the 24th of October, but I think it's close enough to put it in my goals, right?!
  • Halloween is my favorite holiday, as well.

Thanks to everyone here, the support and inspiration I feel is strong and wonderful! Today I weighed myself, and I've lost 4 pounds! I'm so excited!
  • Hi everybody! I'd like to join

My goal is to lose 25 lbs by Halloween, as well as to exercise at least 3x a week.
  • Boo...I found out my scale was off by 5lbs when my mom got weighed at WW and set our scale to theirs. I really only lost 5lbs
  • 5lbs is still awesome. I read somewhere that losing more than 4 or 5 lbs a week may be unhealthy, so you're doing great!
  • Brand new, but this sounds like a fantastic challenge! I'd love to be 210 by Halloween, and be able to wear my jerkin again. Guess that puts my goal at: Lose 26 pounds.
  • Thanks Rhythm
  • Today I asked a friend how much he thinks I weigh, just to make him squirm. I wouldn't normally ask people questions like that, but he's very honest, almost to a fault. His answer was 130 lbs. I giggled and told him his perception was off etc and he went on to say I'm no twig but I'm definitely not fat. So I told him I used to be 240 lbs and he was shocked.

He totally made my day.
  • UPDATE:

Don't know if we starting but I'll go ahead and post and if I'm doing it wrong just let me know and I'll change it. Good luck, everyone!

7-25: 264.3
    8-1:
    8-8:
    8-15:
    8-22:
    8-29:
    9-5:
    9-11:
    9-18:
    9-25:
    10-2:
    10-9:
    10-16:
    10-23:
    10-30:
  • I'm so excited that this is starting! Good luck, everyone...we can do this

7/25: 198.0
    8/1: 193.4
    8/5: Weighing in a little early....191.4!
    8/15: 186.6
    8/22: 188.0 I ate terribly this week. I'm actually thrilled/shocked that I'm only up by a pound and a half...back to clean eating today. Sigh.
    8/29: Forgot to weigh in, sorry!
    9/5: 184.0...finally, the numbers are on their way back down
    9/12: 182.0
    9/19: Rawrrr my WI's are so inconsistent...
    9/26: 180.0! This better be in the 170's by next week, haha.
    10/3:
    10/10:
    10/17:
    10/24:
    10/31: