I said no... but I didn't want to...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • My boss brought me a cinnamon roll I said no... part of me wants to run after him and tell him I didn't mean it. I'm surprised how much I'm struggling with this. I told him it's not that I don't want it... I just can't I want it so bad.
  • Good job! I was reading your other post a couple days ago and was wondering what the outcome would be. Yay!!! Don't chase after him!
  • Don't chase after him, just let the cinnamon roll go. You will feel so much better later, both from not eating all that sugar and from having the strength of will to resist it.
  • GOOD FOR YOU! In a few hours the temporary enjoyment of that cinnamon roll would be gone. But the good thing you did for yourself by saying no will still be there.

Just remember, this was not the last cinnamon roll you'll ever be able to have. But by saying no to this one you've made weight loss and being healthy that much easier for you today!
  • Thanks guys, I need to hear that A big problem is because these ones are super good.. they are all homemade I've gotta get my mind on something else.
  • I've never had one, and I've never even looked in at the counter when passing through the mall, but I just looked it up and a Cinnabon Classic cinnamonroll has 730 calories. Just say no and mean it. You are in control, not your taste buds!
  • Well done!!
  • You are exercising your "NO" muscle - that's great! It will get stronger and stronger every time you use it

And the longing? That will fade in 5 or 10 or 15 minutes... but it will fade, and you will be ecstatic with yourself.
  • Quote: Just remember, this was not the last cinnamon roll you'll ever be able to have.
    I have been telling myself this a lot about a lot of things. There will ALWAYS be something scrumptious around to eat... so I will just wait until "later" as in - some other day to eat it. You can have a cinnamon roll... just not today.
  • Yay for you! Have you ever seen that commercial showing people's butts walking with cinnamon rolls on them? LOL! As a pastry LOVER here, I try to visualize that commercial when I am tempted.
  • Aunty Jam, you can also decide to make your own at home if you really want them THAT badly. That way you can alter the recipe to make them tasty but more waistline/health friendly.
  • Well done! You are In Control!
  • You did great! Have you ever heard, "Fake it till you feel it"? It really works. Tell yourself, "I don't want that!" enough times and all of a sudden, you will realize that you really don't want it.
  • Quote: My boss brought me a cinnamon roll I said no... part of me wants to run after him and tell him I didn't mean it. I'm surprised how much I'm struggling with this. I told him it's not that I don't want it... I just can't I want it so bad.
    It's not that you can't. But that you choose not to. It's a choice. And a darn good one. By saying that you choose not to over that you can't, it puts the power/control in your hands and takes it away from the food.

You choose not to eat foods like that. You require more from yourself. You don't settle for foods that just taste good. They DO have to taste good, but they also must be good for you. You've raised your standards. You're a health minded person who cares what she puts in her body. You are conscious of your calories and where those calories come from.