What do you wear?

• After a few months of fluctuating between hot and cold a heat wave has officially hit Vancouver where I live. What do you wear to deal with the heat? I don't like to wear sleeveless because I'm self conscious about my arms but I don't want unsightly sweat stains either on my t-shirt. So, how do you all deal?
  • Short sleeved cardigans with a tank underneath!
  • If you absolutely must wear a shirt with sleeves, get something made of a fabric that "wicks" instead of wearing a cotton T. You could also try a clinical strength deodorant (but remember that they have lots of scarey chemicals).

When I do C25K, I just wear a spaghetti-strap tank, and if I'm too hot, I'll take that off and just have on a sports bra. I'm incredibly not self-conscious about my body. I guess that doesn't help you, though.
  • I have to use that clinical strength deoderant, and for the most part, it works...I guess I'm more self conscious about the pit stains than I am about my arms flappin' in the breeze

As far as clothes, I will wear thin, layerable v neck shirts w/ a tank or cami. When I'm working out, I wear a tank top, but also I usualy work out in my house.
  • I work a lot more than I want to- but it limits my wardrobe debates. Work t-shirts/polos 90% of the time!

Otherwise, like some other posters mentioned- t-shirts that "wick" as opposed to cotton tshirts. I'm not crazy about my arms either- but I've found that wearing sleeveless shirts motivates me to work a little bit harder!

~Dagny
  • What do you mean by shirts that "wick"?

ap90 I'm in Vancouver too! It's really hot all of a sudden, going from gray skies to sun beating down on us lol. Its really beautiful out but this heat is just ugh! I wear jeans and a t-shirt. Lose fitting t-shirts, but not so loose that they look funny. Even though I've only lost 16 pounds, I can tell and my shirts fit better and I seem to not have a problem with wearing them out
  • I use those clinical deoderants too.

My trick is patterns ... solid coloured scrubs show sweat marks waaay too easily. I wear patterned ones.

For to be nicer lookin' I second tanks with little cardigans.
  • Why did I think you were talking about what to wear while working out? Have I become that obsessed with exercise? So embarrassed.

Anyway, this is an example of a shirt made of a material that "wicks."
  • Its Hot
    Here in TN it's hot from June until Oct, so we wear light and breezy clothing. I wear light coloured shirts and cotton pants and I tend to stay in the A/C which is everywhere you go... you know its hot in TN when you go grocery shopping and you know which store has the best A/C unit

Quote: After a few months of fluctuating between hot and cold a heat wave has officially hit Vancouver where I live. What do you wear to deal with the heat? I don't like to wear sleeveless because I'm self conscious about my arms but I don't want unsightly sweat stains either on my t-shirt. So, how do you all deal?
  • I wear t-shirts that aren't too heavy. I have some sleeveless shirts, but they haven't fit in years. I recently tried a couple on and I do plan on wearing them before the summer is over. Also, unless I am exercising, I avoid all opportunities to sweat. LOL
  • It was hot yesterday! I think I almost got heat stroke from walking to the gym, I almost got sick and couldn't do any weight training after my run on the treadmill. I almost missed the rain, but then I didn't because we get far too much of it here. Nice to see some other people from my area

I wear wife beaters and sweats that go to my knees or shorts to be honest. If your looking for something to hide your arms, I'd opt for a simple t shirt. I love my sweat pants though, they go to my knees so I don't feel too hot but I also don't feel naked.
  • When I have to be outside for any extended period of time, even just for a barbecue or gardening, I wear a sports bra. They just seem to absorb/wick better than regular bras, and I don't feel so terribly sweaty.