On Plan Thread 7/5 - 7/11

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan!

* Anyone, from any South Beach phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!
    * This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.
    * Because people from different parts of the plan are posting here, it'll help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!
    * While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?
  • Phase 2
    B: the last strawberry peach protein smoothie
    S:
    L: refried beans, squash, salsa & avocado
    S: cucumbers & hummus
    D: flatout grilled pizza, large tossed salad
    S: Greek yogurt & strawberries

exercise: 60m bike or walk
  • Phase II
    B. ww English muffins with chopped tomato and LF cheese, ½ cup raspberries
    L. HB egg and asparagus salad on greens, FF yogurt
    D. 2 small ww tortillas with fajita filling of peppers, onions, lean beef and salsa

Lots of water and other liquids on the menu today because it's going to be a scorcher.
  • Phase 2, or more like Phase 3ish for me today -

B. Kashi w/blueberries & Greek yogurt
    L. Veggie Korma
    S. ww orzo salad, raw veggies & dip
    D. grilled portobella mushroom stuffed with feta & salsa, corn-on-the-cob, baked beans, cucumber salad
    S. DQ ice cream cake

few glasses of vino verde
  • **Cottage, that stuffed portabella sounds SO good! Do you just stuff it with feta and salsa? yummm!

B: pre-workout banana protein smoothie (banana, 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, protein powder, nutmeg)
    S: post-workout: 1 slice whole wheat toast, 1 tsp. peanut butter, 1/2 cup almond milk
    L: lettuce wrap (black bean burger, homemade salsa, tomatoes, avocado), half apple with cinnamon, 1/2 cup cantaloupe
    S: hard boiled egg
    D: (4 oz.) italian turkey meatloaf, 1/2 c. roasted sweet potatoes, 1 c. sauteed spinach with garlic

workout: 50 minutes treadmill (25 min. 5k training + 25 min. interval training min. speed 4.0), 45 min. step aerobics with included strength training.
  • July 5, 2010 (Day 4)- Phase 1
    Breakfast: (dinner leftover): Hungarian pot roast with paprika/sour cream/gravy (http://kalynskitchen.blogspot.com/20...pot-roast.html)
    Snack: hummus & veggies, 1 laughing cow wedge
    Lunch: 3 eggs, 3 slices back bacon, 6oz V8, coffee with milk & splenda
    Snack: ½ cup low-fat cottage cheese with ½ cup tomatoes
    Dinner: ??? Not sure yet!
    Dessert: vanilla ricotta crème

Reverse breakfast and lunch today. Baby super fussy and didn't get a free hand until lunch!
  • Yesterday: Phase 1

B- 2 slices turkey bacon, 2 fried eggs, cooked in olive oil
    S- cocoa roasted almonds
    L- Tuna salad with Hellman's, celery and onion on romaine hearts
    S-
    D- "Cola-barbecue" thin pork chops, garlic roasted bay scallops, 3-bean salad with olive oil and vinegar.
    Dessert- Lowfat SF cheesecake, almond crust removed

Note to self: DON'T GET TOO BUSY DOING OTHER THINGS THAT YOU FORGET YOUR SNACK, MELANIE!!!
  • ^^ Bwah ha ha...To Melanie: My name is Melanie too, and whenever I see you yell at Melanie, I jump. What, yelled at AGAIN? Oh, that's not me...

Aaaaaaaanyway. Phase 2, yesterday:

Breakfast: yogurt; 2 celery sticks
    Snack: 15 cashews
    Lunch: big salad w/turkey & a little ranch
    Dinner: lean beef (a little) w/beans; 2 c. mashed fauxtatoes (cauliflower); 1/2 c. broccoli; cocoa ricotta creme for dessert
  • Off work today, so I slept in and missed breakfast... bad I know!

L- Taco salad w/ lettuce, tomato, onion, little chicken, and mix of cc & salsa as dressing.
    S- Glass of skim milk and celery w/ pb
    D- Ham omlette, 2 C. of broccoli and a glass of skim milk.
    S- Sf pudding with banana slices, a few pecans and a blob of cool whip
  • phase 2 -

b - oatmeal with almond milk and blueberries
    l - feta, tomato and cucumber salad
    s - yougurt with cinnamon
    s - crockpot jambalaya
    s - laughing cow cheese - lf
  • Hi all!

Phase 1.5
    B - 2 scrambled egg w/ a little cheddar and 2 turkey sausage links
    S- 2 LF string cheese
    L - Hamburger patty with steamed snap peas
    S - almonds
    D - bunless turkey dogs and steamed veggies
  • Today's plan has definitely not worked out! One of DH's students couldn't get to class today because his family didn't have enough money to put gas in the car...so I hopped in the car and picked him up so he didn't have to miss class.
    Ended up in a rush this morning and then hit the gym late, forgot to eat the banana that I brought with me for breakfast. (gotta eat what you can, I guess)

B: missed
    L: 1 c. black beans mixed with homemade salsa, 1 tsp. ff sour cream and 1 T. rf cheddar, 2 slices cantaloupe, 1 cup grapes, 2 celery stalks w/ 1/2 laughing cow wedge
    S: 6 triscuits, 1/2 laughing cow wedge
    D: beans and greens! (1 cup white beans, 1 cup kale, 1 cup spinach, garlic + spices

exercise: 45 min. cardio (treadmill, stepper, elliptical)
  • Quote: ^^ Bwah ha ha...To Melanie: My name is Melanie too, and whenever I see you yell at Melanie, I jump. What, yelled at AGAIN? Oh, that's not me...

LOL! Sorry if I scared ya. Yeah, I've had a few moments myself, when someone is saying something to you, I get confused for a minute. Nice to meet you, fellow Mel.

Yesterday's Phase 1:

2 eggs scrambled with turkey bacon, v8
    s- low fat cheese
    L- leftover pork chops and 3 bean salad
    S- 2 cups milk
    D- chicken breast in leftover onion 'barbeque' sauce, mashed garlicked cauliflower, and leftover 3 bean salad.
    D- bean brownie

Today's Phase 1:

B- 2 eggs, 2 bacon, v8
    S- cheese
    L- (Too many appointments today, skipped it, just ate a bean brownie.)
    S- milk
    D- lean steaks cooked in olive oil and garlic, broccoli with cheese sauce.
    D- bean brownies and lowfat cheese
    e.

Note to self again: STOP SKIPPING LUNCHES @ FAT MELANIE. Lol. :-D
  • Phase 1.5

B: Cinnamon omelet, V8
    L: Deli turkey, RF cheese stick, veggies with hummus
    S: Tall skinny hazelnut latte
    D: Roasted veggies, grilled chicken
    S: Almond butter
  • Phase 2: (7/5/2010)
    B: Oatmeal pancakes w/walnuts topped with fresh blackberries and sf syrup
    S: Cashews & Fresh cherries