Maintainers weekly chat - July 5 - July 11

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Hi all,

I'm an aunt! My DS was induced yesterday, and my niece was born last night. Mama, baby, and Dad are doing great. DS was very sleepy and hungry when I talked to her last night around 10:00, and baby was sleeping. I haven't seen any pictures yet, though. I hope to visit and meet her in August or September after the first wave of family visits, and things have calmed down.

I'm taking today off b/c I've already worked a 40-hour week. Yesterday was just one of those days where things keep going wrong, and you think someone's trying to tell you to go home. After a 12 hour day, and I did finally get everything done, I'm happy to relax today. BF was deactivated from BP duty, hopefully just for now, so he slept in, is mowing our lawns, doing boat maintenance, all that stuff that's built up while he worked 16 days straight, and we're planning a snorkeling/boating trip for tomorrow. The oil has not hit us yet, so our fingers are crossed. Not that we are happy it's hitting anyone else, of course. Today I'm going to get my hair trimmed, go to the gym, and try to relax... ahhh.

Shannon and Suzanne, looking great after your runs!!! Congrats ladies! You do us proud!

And Allison, your haircut looks GREAT!

Shannon, that does look, um.. well I think it would aggravate my knees, which aren't terrible but aren't great from years of being a field hockey goalie and doing slides when I was an overweight teen. I have to say I find "child's pose" really comfy, and I like warrior poses. They make me feel very powerful.

Happy Friday and have a good weekend all!
  • Dagmar~you have to visit this site TODAY: Draw the Dog. It might still be up over the weekend, but during the weekdays it changes each day and I'm not sure how to link to the exact cartoon you need to see. I saw this today and thought of you!
  • I’m with Megan. I like Child pose but the pic Shannon posted looks painful.

Allison, the draw the dog was so funny. I loved the answer to the burning question. I always find somewhere else to sit if my eldest pup is sacked out. I’d never make her move.

Shelia, we can’t complain about hot after the past spring. Enjoy the heat. I’m loving it.

Dagmar, my animal behaviorist shows up in all kinds of weather. Thunderstorms we haven’t tried yet but I hate the scheduled time when the weather stinks. I’d be tempted to pay and not have the training.

I’ll be cheering loudly, rabbit. Being ¼ Dutch, it would be sacrilege to cheer for the other team.

My quads are exhausted. I did the HIIT workout last night and couldn’t do the last few high intervals. Apparently strep whacked my endurance. And today my quads aren’t happy. Tonight an easier elliptical workout (with my HRM strap dripping wet – I will try again and see if I’m alive).
    Marie
  • Good morning! I'm feeling somewhat better today, though taking it slowly. I felt fine at this time yesterday until after I ate lunch...

Allison - love the haircut, and the more blond! I've put more color into mine in the last few years, too. And love the Bad Dog link you put up. Hehe.

Rabbit - DH & I have been following the World Cup pretty closely, recorded the Ger/Esp game, watched the Ned game live last weekend. DH has some Dutch heritage as well, so we will also be cheering loudly for the Netherlands! We have our entire weekend planned around the game time.

Dagmar - stay safe in the weather! The concert sounds fun. I dig The Flaming Lips.

Megan - cograts on the new niece! Enjoy your off day - relax, unwind, etc.

Marie - ease back into the HIIT gradually, you probably are still a little worn down from being sick. Be kind to yourself so you don't get sick again!

to anyone I missed! Have a good afternoon!
  • Good morning ladies.

Megan : Congratulation .... it good to know that everything went good.

Allison : you look great .

I should start to try yoga ....

As for me today was my first WI for maintenance , I was scary , I was thinking maybe the scale is going back at least to 135 but no no , it was 130.8 happy about it. I will love to go down around 128 ... i just star exercise this week again so there is hope Right?
  • Congratulations Auntie Megan!!

Allison-- I think we're going to see Dispicable Me today also. It looks hilarious!! If you have an Iphone there is an app to download that will decipher what the minions are saying during the credits after the movie.

Jessica-- glad your weigh in went well. I know how you feel about worrying all of your weight will come back on. You'll feel more comfortable after awhile.

While I was in Houston our big screen TV died. We researched and I ordered a new one from Amazon. I don't know when it is coming but I'm missing my TV! We moved our little one from our bedroom down to the living room and that is the only TV we have for now. Much less TV viewing this week which can be a good thing!

We are looking for a used car and I found one that looks way too good to be true. Dh is calling USAA today to see what we can find out from the VIN, etc. The old saying is that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. I'm just hoping the seller really needs cash and that is why he's selling it so low. We'll see.

I'm off to have my first bone scan to check for osteoporosis. My mom had it badly so I want to get a baseline for screening. Not sure what to expect but I'm wearing my elastic waisted pants as instructed.
  • Congratulations Megan - how exciting, a new niece!!!

Michele - yes check that car out carefully - especially if it was listed on Craigslist - i have a horror story about that.

I am thoroughly enjoying my day off!!
    Woke up early and went to do the Grouse Grind
    Check it out here:
    http://www.grousemountain.com/Winter...ouse-grind.asp
    It was smoking hot already @ 8:30 am - lost a litre of sweat.

Had a lovely latte and went shopping for pots and plants.
    Now out to the garden - i love having Fridays off!!
  • Pouring down rain outside my window, supposed to rain all afternoon and evening. Guess it doesn't matter now that I forgot my fuel belt for my run this afternoon... Treadmill here we come.
  • Okay, question for you guys. Could me assorted stomach problems the last few days be caused by whatever chemical has resulted in another Tylenol recall? I've been taking more lately than normal, and mine is on the recall list.
  • Here on the sunny southern California coast...it's NOT Summertime and it has been gloomy for 2 weeks...sun just teases us....AC has even been thought about....

heck I'll whine about anything

SHANNON I recognize that pose from watching Angie...ouch! I hope it's just a bug and not the tylenol...be careful kid!

ALLISON great look! I feel sorry for DH having to carry that big stick around now. Love the cartoon dog site...showed Angie...she found a "friend" link to 1,000 Goldens...a lot of cute cartoon goodies to buy...gonna cost me a fortune.,...thanks a lot

SZNN WOW! keep it up!

MICHELE years ago I got mad at the kids...long story short...we had NO TV THURSDAYS for 2 years or so...turned out to be a great thing!

RABBIT with the USA and Germany (my ancestors) out I have no problem cheering for the dutch team! Good luck...hope to see a great match!

AUNTIE MEGAN...cool

MARIE don't work out too hard...listen to your body

DAGMAR WILD concert...Angie and I did a 3.5 mile walk with our goldens to Starbucks this morning then watched the local station for the parade on the 4th of July we did with our golden retriever meet and greet group...we made the TV...close-ups of us and our mutts

SHEILA send me some of that sun We have a lot of zucchini and tomatoes...lettuce was small and gone...same with swiss chard, peas and beans...dang! But we are going to replant!

WFONSECA My wife teaches several classes of yoga...at church and the studio...a great activity...maybe I should start

PAT going for Italian is always a killer for me at our fav place...they had a penne alla vodka dish that has a bazillion calories in it but oh so good...Angie and I split it then have it again later in the week for another dinner.

JESSICA I stayed busy for a year just fixing drywall damage from the Northridge quake...really shook things up!

Have a great week-end you MAINTAINERS...15 pounds and I'll be back
  • Shannon, I hope you’re still feeling better. Enjoy your World Cup fun. Buy some new pain reliever and see if the stomach feels better. You shouldn’t take anymore if it’s on the recall list.

Michele, I hope the car is perfect. Good deals can happen. Usually to other people, but heck, why not to a 3FC?

Auntie Megan, congrats!!!

Gary, please post pics of your goldens. Pretty please. Next to huskies, they are my favorites. My big Goldilocks was the sweetest dog. Not smart, but so sweet it didn’t matter. I hope your weather improves. Summer came 650 miles north of you last Saturday.

TGIF!!!! I am so ready to go home in 8 minutes.
    Marie
  • Shannon, from what I read, there may be more of the active ingredient than usual in the recalled Tylenol. And Tylenol isn't like aspirin, in that one should never exceed the recommended dosage--it really whacks the liver.

I hope you're feeling better! Get rid of that old Tylenol in any case.

Jay
  • Allison Too funny! I'm the one hogging the couch when I dog sit.

Megan Congrats auntie!

Gary Goldens are the sweetest dogs!

Shannon I would ditch the old Tylenol. I wish I had a treadmill to exercise the dogs on today - it poured all day and the humidity was unbelievable.

Sheila The Lips' lead singer kinda warbles but's it quite pretty.

TGIF!!!!!

Have a great evening all!

Dagmar (soggy but happy)
  • Shannon~I think you sent me your stomach woes. But I don't take Tylenol. I was at work and after two hours I suddenly felt really dizzy and my stomach was churning. I went home and slept off and on all day. I feel a bit better now, but I have no desire to eat. Perhaps that's a good thing.

I'm glad you all liked Draw the Dog. They have a new one about every week day and they're almost always based on a photo sent in by fans. I love the site! Sorry, Gary, that it'll cost you!!!
  • summer stomach bug
    DH had something yesterday. He was queasy () all day and slept for 4 hours around lunch time. He's fine now. Maybe there's some stomach bug going around?

I am going to my first "official" Pilates workout today. Since I didn't get a chance to do any exercise at the dog sit (except walk my buns off) I'm curious to see if my body is stronger/weaker than at my "tryout" session.

I"m going to do some yoga now (simple stuff - no pigeon poses ) so at least I'll be a bit more flexible. The Pilates is pretty intense muscular stuff, beathing, control, and smoothness. So much to remember while working the machine.

Tonite DH and I are going on the "cheap date". Coupons for dinner (chicken, with a dessert sundae that I'm going to try to switch out for fruit ) and for a movie and snax (I'm going to give DH the free popcorn and take my baggie of pretzels). We're going to see "The Girl Who Played with Fire".

Great Saturday all!

Dagmar