No motivation today.

• I've made so many posts ugh. I just don't feel like doing ANYTHING today. I did manage to do some sit ups, push ups, squats, etc, but I haven't actually biked or done any tae bo. I feel so incredibly guilty though for not doing anything. I'm considering putting in a pilates tape... I've gotten into the habit of exercising every day, but today I don't know what's going on. I WANT to exercise, but at the same time, I don't. What would you do? I'll probably end up doing the pilates anyway, but I just need like... to hear that it's okay to want to do it today and that I'm not being obsessive or anything
  • This is a lifestyle change...you are setting the pattern for yourself per your decisions. You are also increasing your failure rate. What I would do is what I do every time I do not feel like doing something...I get up & get it done. There's a lot of things in my day that I WANT to do yet don't feel like doing...but I must. There are days where I do not feel like exercising or strength training but I do & when done, I am happy I did.

Make a decision. Be a do'er...not a thinker.
  • I don't agree with the "increasing your failure rate." I've exercised for over an hour every single day (besides maybe 3) since June 8th. I just feel funny today. I've eaten breakfast and lunch, but my blood sugar feels really low or something. I don't know what my problem is. I did decide to suck it up though and do some tae bo. Waiting for the vid to load as I answer this.
  • Sometimes I do take a day off. Or two. As long as you get back on track you'll be fine. We all have days where we feel like doing nothing.

Dhani
  • Quote: I don't agree with the "increasing your failure rate." I've exercised for over an hour every single day (besides maybe 3) since June 8th. I just feel funny today. I've eaten breakfast and lunch, but my blood sugar feels really low or something. I don't know what my problem is. I did decide to suck it up though and do some tae bo. Waiting for the vid to load as I answer this.
    Human beings are capable of increasing failure rates at most everything we do by not having structure...even by not taking days off. I have to be careful in things I do to not increase my own failure rate because habits can be so easily sucked into. No shame in that, it's human nature. Designate a couple of days off per week to rest your muscles & refresh yourself. Your muscles do need to heal just as much as your mind needs to refresh. Don't drive yourself to burnout (perhaps what's happening) or set yourself up to place unnecessary guilt on yourself. You'll still chug along in your loss just as well whether you're doing it 7 days or 5 days.
  • Sometimes you just have a day here and there where you take the day off or do something light. I only did situps and pushups today after work because my shin splits are hurting too bad for me to go for a walk. I decided to be stupid and not stretch or warm up before my walk yesterday, I just took off going a fast pace. Let's just say after dealing with the pain all day, i've learned my lesson.