The more you lose the less support?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Quote:
    you know what I don't think I want any. I just got back from a 3 day weekend of nothing but restaurant eating and I just got rid of the water weight from that and I'm so close to goal that I'd rather just bring my lunch per usually and skip all that extra sodium.
    That was way more information than they needed. When you tell people that much, you give them the impression that they are free to comment. They don't need to know about what you ate on vacation or your water weight situation. It's wonderful that they have been so supportive, but sharing every little thing just (mis)leads people into thinking they're more involved than they should be. It sort of inadvertently invites them into your business.

Second, there is no need to comment negatively on something they are looking forward to. You're looking forward to free lunch from a place you like and someone starts going on about "all that sodium" - it kind of sucks the fun out of it. Like when I talk about how I'm looking forward to snacking on some grapes and my friend says, "Oh, I would love some but I just can't get past the guilt over the waste - they travel so far to get here and the conditions for the people picking them are terrible." Well THANKS. I just wanted to eat my grapes

In short (too late), I think "no thanks, I'm just not feeling like it today" is more than enough explanation. It is vague enough not to invite questions, but it's a definite no.
  • At the moment at least, I'm finding it to be the opposite, at least within my family (nobody else knows I'm trying to lose weight, I want to be able to surprise them). I need to get my own behind moving though. I'm losing at about a lb a week, sometimes more, sometimes less, and though I'm not non-motivated... I'm not super motivated either.

But, as I went from 215 to 207 (current, sorta, weighed in today, and today's my 'weigh-in' day, and was 210), my parents have been giving me more and more support... which is kind of making me upset. I don't like constant attention on me.
  • I'm not sure if the OP actually explained the whole thing to her co-workers. I interpretted it to be that she said, " No thanks, I don't think I want any", and the rest of the details were for us..imo....
  • Quote: I'm not sure if the OP actually explained the whole thing to her co-workers. I interpretted it to be that she said, " No thanks, I don't think I want any", and the rest of the details were for us..imo....
    That's how I read it too.

In the past, if I've had a problem with someone trying to push me into ordering something: I've ordered a mineral water! lol, they soon get the idea that no means no!!
  • Quote:
    That was way more information than they needed. When you tell people that much, you give them the impression that they are free to comment. They don't need to know about what you ate on vacation or your water weight situation. It's wonderful that they have been so supportive, but sharing every little thing just (mis)leads people into thinking they're more involved than they should be. It sort of inadvertently invites them into your business.
    Um, yes just to clarify I didn't give them any of that information or lecture them about the extra sodium, I just said no thank 4 separate times. I was just giving that info to you all because usually I can order on plan from there.
  • Gotcha.

In that case, order something, pretend to eat it, then come down with a fake case of food poisoning because you KNOW once one person has it, everyone else thinks they do and no one will ever eat there again. Wait, is that mean