Phase 2 Chinese Food

• I am going to a Chinese restaurant for lunch with a coworker. The good news is that they have a tofu and chinese herb appetizer (basically minced greens with a sesame oil based dressing) that is SB friendly. My coworker wants to split that. It isn't very big. I am thinking about getting a small soup, too. They have hot and sour. Is that SB friendly? They also have a pork meatball and cabbage soup. Not sure what cut of pork it would be...I am not sure if they have egg drop and I had eggs for breakfast so I am not wild about getting that. Any feedback is appreciated. We are leaving in about 2 hours.

What do you order at Chinese places?
  • I love Chinese food, but many times the soups are thickened with cornstarch. My local restaurant has a great green salad which I usually enjoy. Others will have good suggestions, too.

What I sometimes do, in a situation like this, is just say that I'd like to order my own dish. Even though she wants to share, it's sometimes good to take care of your own needs first.
  • Some Chinese restuarants will prepare the dishes steamed with no sauce if you request it that way. Pretty bland, but that way it's definitely on plan.
  • Well, this time around I did end up getting a clear broth soup with veggies and pork in it. Thanks for your feedback! I was feeling anxious and it helped.