What do you wish your coach had told you???

You're on Page 6 of 17
Go to
  • I wish I had believed my coach when he told me NOT to exercise...I didn't for 16 weeks and averaged over 3 pounds every week (total of 58 pounds in those 16 weeks)

I started losing more with a restricted a day and I didn't have them for the first 5 weeks
  • Quote: It does vary by coach. Also, how carbs effect everyone varies as well. If someone is having a restricted a day and not losing as fast as they are hoping to then perhaps dropping the restricted items back could be the answer. I think most people on this site are up to date and some of the more senior members are speaking from personal experience from their own journey..............which does not necessarily mean not "on top of IP protocol."
    It is actually one protocol for everyone, it should never vary by coach, however i agree with taking things out if you personally feel they are not working.
  • My coach just got back from more training in Vancouver on the weekend, and she said that it is mandatory that we have a 1 restricted item per day. I have not been doing this, and now I am afraid it will stall my loss. Anyone else heard of this??
  • Quote: My coach just got back from more training in Vancouver on the weekend, and she said that it is mandatory that we have a 1 restricted item per day. I have not been doing this, and now I am afraid it will stall my loss. Anyone else heard of this??
    Yes this is the new IP protocol, and it should not stall your weight loss. IP packets that are not restricted are not enough for most people who can have low blood sugar. THIS IS THE PROPER WAY TO DO IDEAL PROTEIN!
  • BUMP for KAT.
  • Quote: My coach just got back from more training in Vancouver on the weekend, and she said that it is mandatory that we have a 1 restricted item per day. I have not been doing this, and now I am afraid it will stall my loss. Anyone else heard of this??
    Is this true for Phase I or only for later? I have only been losing about 2 lbs per week... I wonder if this will help my weight loss if I add a restricted? I have only had 1 restricted item during the 4 weeks I've been on IP and it was only because I didn't have a snack while shopping and I had a bar in my purse for emergencies. I don't want to slow my weight loss even more....
  • Quote: Is this true for Phase I or only for later? I have only been losing about 2 lbs per week... I wonder if this will help my weight loss if I add a restricted? I have only had 1 restricted item during the 4 weeks I've been on IP and it was only because I didn't have a snack while shopping and I had a bar in my purse for emergencies. I don't want to slow my weight loss even more....
    That has been my instruction since the very beginning and I've been doing great, having one each day.
  • I have one restricted each day from the beginning and have lost an average of 3 plus pounds per week.
  • Thank you Linden!! This is perfect!
  • I wish my coach would have told me about miracle noodles. I buy them off the internet since there are nowhere to be found where I live.

A also wish that my coach would have told me about planning on going to a restaurant. I've bought sample packets of WF dressing and I bring salt with me.
  • I wish my coach had told me that not everyone looses 3-5 lbs per week, and that a 1.5 - 2.0 lb weight loss is just fine. Instead, I focused on trying something new each and every week, and nothing worked. I was a steady two pounds per week. In hindsight, that worked out quite well, especially when I stalled the past two months after having increased my cardio (another attempt to ramp up the loss, which is the only attempt that backfired).

I truly feel this diet is amazing and works as long as you stick to protocol.
  • Just wanted to say "HEY" to a fellow Acadian, I live in Lafayette too.

I started this diet on my own last week and so far so good. This forum has been the biggest help, and I thank each and every one of you for sharing your experiences. Makes me feel better about the decision to start this and actually NOT to sign up and deal with a "coach" that possibly knows very little about the IP plan other than just trying to make the sale.

I've been reading alot of threads on here, when I have the time, and I tell you, they are keeping me inspired. I've lost 10 pounds in 8 days and I already feel great and have more energy, and looking forward to those next 10 pounds to shed!!!
  • Quote: And here I am munching on my restricted salt & vinegar chips on day 4 because my coach said I should have one a day. I bought things individually, so didn't have the nutritional value. After reading several of these threads, I got curious and looked up the nutritional value for all of the IP foods. Geez! I am going to limit myself to one restricted per week (because after all, they are sooo good!) and on that day cut back on something else. These are all good things to know because my coach left out most of this (except the hair falling out part - she did mention that. But, she said, "they have a pill for that!" lol)

I am on day 4 and frustrated already with the limited eating choices and lack of seeing the scale budge at all yet.
    I guess I didn't post the first response correctly...I was intending on saying Hi to you... I noticed we lived in the same place!
  • What I wish she HADN`T told me
    I wish my coach hadn`t told me I was her very first client. The whole time I have been questioning things she says to me, her way of doing things...she has measured me once (and I had to practically beg), she told me it was okay to cheat on valentine's day. I am also not sure how i feel about being told I should be the clinic`s poster child for IP. While I know it is meant as a compliment, I find it puts extra pressure on me.

As for the restricted foods, I have had one a day since day one and have averaged 6lbs a week in loss.
  • Quote: arghh..my coach refuses to sell individuals. I had a few boxes of nasty as well. Good thing everyone has different taste, so I gave my friend those ones :P

I really wish my coach had told just how much of a difference to my weight loss it would make eating restricteds. I have all but cut them out now.
    OH MY! I don't actually think I even HAVE a coach!! But the restricted items are the ONLY things that are keeping me alive right now. I probably should give them up and YOU ARE MAKING ME THINK REALLY, REALLY HARD about WHAT I AM DOING TO MYSELF....but WOW, that hurts.