Almond flour/meal on Phase 1

• Bought a bag of Bob's Mill Almond flour/meal, would love to use it for dessert 'toppings' and a crust for chicken. I know it can be used on SBD but how about Phase 1?
  • I can't see why not as long as it's just almonds (I think Bob's is...right?), but you do need to stay with your almonds daily allotment, and made into meal, I think that might be a very small amount. Maybe someone can help out with how many almonds make, say, a tablespoon of almond meal?
  • Per CyndiM "The fat and calorie numbers are really high.

According to FitDay 1/4 c almond meal is 160 cal, and 14 grams of fat and 1 oz of roasted almonds (about 22) is 172 calories and 16g of fat."
  • Quote: Per CyndiM "The fat and calorie numbers are really high.

According to FitDay 1/4 c almond meal is 160 cal, and 14 grams of fat and 1 oz of roasted almonds (about 22) is 172 calories and 16g of fat."
    This is true, but we're still allowed a certain amount of nuts (my book is lying RIGHT next to me...am I lazy or not for not looking this up right now?) in Phase I daily -- I think 15 for almonds in particular, 30 for pistachios, etc., etc. (And they're limited for the very reasons you cited above--they are calorie dense, like it or not.)

So technically, the OP *could* use almond meal -- but only the equivalent of 15 almonds worth of it. Crushed up into meal, I can't imagine that's a lot of meal. Less than a tablespoon, maybe? I'm guessing.
  • Thanks California Melanie and Ruthxx.