Introducing myself :)

• HI! My name is Lisa. I'm planning on starting up with the SB diet after the 4th of July. I know I should start now, but I feel like I would be setting myself up for failure if I start now. So monday the 5th is my start date!

My mini goal is to lose 40lbs, which would put me at 200lbs. I would like to lose that is 3 months.

One of my biggest motivations to lose weight is my husband are having trouble conceiving our first child. My doctor said losing weight could help.
  • Lisa!

South Beach is a healthy lifestyle that is not only good for losing weight, it's healthy for a family. The focus on whole foods and healthy fats and carbs is really good for everyone in the family. Have you read the book yet? It really helps you understand how it works.

Starting after the 4th actually sounds realistic. It also gives you time to get the cupboards cleaned out and supplied with the foods that will make Phase 1 easier. 40 lbs in 3 months might be a little high. Generally 1-2 lbs/wk is realistic so even with a big Phase 1 loss that's a lot.

There are lots of great tips and recipes on this forum. Take some of your prep time to look them over. The more ready you are the easier the transition will be

Some tips and answers to the most common Phase 1 questions:
    Prepare Yourself to Start South Beach

Emergency Handbook for Phase 1

Breakfast Alternatives to Eggs

Phase 1 Time Limit
  • Lisa! Starting after the 4th will give you time to get your mind in the right place and get your kitchen stocked with SBD friendly foods so you'll be all set to go. It's also a good idea to plan out your menus for the week to help set you up for success, too.
    We look forward to seeing you on board!
  • Welcome! I'm new here as well, although I'm not new to SBD. Your doctor is right-a healthy lifestyle might help you conceive! It happened to me after trying for 2.5 years! You can do it!!!
  • I did read the book . And I know 40lbs is a really high goal for only 3 months, but I'm hoping that since I have a lot of weight to lose that it might be more achievable. I guess we'll see
  • ncwvgirl- I hope it does help. If not-at least I will be healthier when we become more aggressive with trying.
  • Hello Lisa
  • Nice to meet you Lisa
  • Hi Lisa,

Glad to see you join SB. Good luck on your goal!
  • Welcome Lisa!
    This site is invaluable!! My huasband and I are on Sb together and we've lost 25 pounds (total) in about 3 weeks. Good luck.
  • Welcome to SB!