Favorite Healthy Snacks

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hey everyone!

I was hoping that we could share some of our favorite healthy/low calorie snacks and give each other some ideas.

Here are some of mine:

1) Fresh Pineapple: This has to be one of my favorite fresh fruits, I don't know why, but I get a lot of joy cutting it up, coring it, weighing it and squeezing out left over skin for the juice.

2) Mott's Unsweetened Apple Sauce Cups: They come in a variety of flavors like pomegranate apple, strawberry kiwi, ect. And they are only around 50 calories for a decent sized cup!

3) Granola Bars: I know these aren't the healthiest snack idea since most are loaded with sugars, but they are great for when your on the go and need to satisfy your sweet tooth. Just recently I have tried the Special K Mocha bars, I find they satisfy my chocolate desire very nicely and are only 90 calories!

4) No sugar added Jell-O: Maybe not the most delicious choice, but at 10 calories a serving, it makes a great snack if you just need something to hold you over until the next meal
  • 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with 1 tbs of unsweetened, fruit only jam
    Apple slices with natural peanut butter
    Baked sweet potato with 1 tbs of Smart Balance
  • Apple slices with 1 oz smoked Gouda
    Apple slices with 1 TBS Adams peanut butter
    Kind Fruit & Nut bars
    1/2c Pistachio nuts
    2 oz smoked salmon (we smoke the salmon, so this one is something of a gimme)
  • Mini-bags of popcorn. I really don't understand why people lump popcorn in with chips and french fries. It's a whole grain, and as long as it's a low fat variety, not at all bad for you.

Six triscuits. The rye or black pepper ones. I actually eat this every morning before exercising, and it's great if it's time for bed and I realize I am under calories and hungry--I need something quick to eat or I won't sleep.

Carrots. A pound of raw carrots has 180 calories.
  • 1 serving graham crackers - 120 calories (2 sheets of crackers) with 1 wedge of laughing cow cheese with a sprinkle of cinnamon mixed in 35 cals for the laughing cow wedge. 155 calories for the whole thing, very filling, and satisfies sweet, creamy and crunchy cravings.
  • I like black cherries for a sweet snack, mozzarella string cheese sticks for a quick snack or a slice of 12 grain bread toasted with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter for a special snack.
  • kashi crackers with french onion laughing cow wedges
    baby carrots and english cucumbers with hummus
    turkey pepperoni (sparingly, because of the sodium) but it is delicious
    apple slices with reduced fat peanut butter
    fiber one bars
  • Any fresh fruit. I'll take a bowl of freshly cut fruit over ice cream any day. : )

Dhani
  • I have the same two snacks every day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. In the morning I have a quarter cup of unsalted nuts and a light string cheese. In the afternoon I have a package of Kashi granola bars (the crunchy kind that come two to a package) and a light string cheese. I got both of these snack ideas from my dietitian. She gave me a couple more options too, but I like these so much that I never have the others.
  • frozen grapes
    different fruits
    rice cakes with pnb or laughing cow cheese or melted 2% cheese
    cereal and almond milk
    Jello dark chocolate mousse cup- I freeze it - tastes like ice cream (only 60 calories)
    yogurt with fruit or some cereal
    1/4 c. cooked oatmeal, with banana, almond butter, cinn - tastes like banana nut bread
    rice cake with melted 2% provelone cheese and some turkey pepperoni
  • Oikos nonfat yogurt
    cracker barrel extra sharp reduced fat cheese stick
    apple
    jello mousse
  • wasa light & a wedge of laughing cow cheese
    fruit!!
    fresh cut veggies & lf or ff dressing to dip them in
    94% ff popcorn
    crystal light popsicles
    Oooo or homemade fruit popsicles....we've been making a lot of these lately!
  • -Frozen berries
    -Popcorn
    -Veggies and hummus
    -Peanuts (once a week or less)
    -1 square of extra dark chocolate (85% cocao or higher)
    -Oikos Greek yogurt -vanilla (15 grams of protein!! and only 11 or 12 grams of carbs)
    -I loathe mozzarella cheese so cheese sticks have always been out but I just found some pepper Jack cheese sticks by Sargento that I bought today. I hope I like them. I'd like to add something new to my repetoire.
    -Turkey Jerky (nitrate free, gluten free, sugar free from Whole Foods)
  • I have to try the rice cake and peanut butter!

Yogurt and fruit
    broccoli, cauliflower and carrots with 2 tbs ranch dressing
    1 serving blue diamond lime and chile almonds
    Sliced apple and peanut butter
  • - chocolate rice cakes
    - applesauce cups
    - fudgsicles! (I'm surprised no one mentioned these... they come in 60 or 40 cal options and when I need that chocolate fix these do the trick)
    - fruit and yogurt smoothies!

Great ideas, ladies!