Soups?

• Hi! I've so enjoyed this forum...has helped keep me on track and has answered so many of my questions! Was wondering if anyone knew if soup is allowed (like low sodium veggie) other than the packaged ones? I'm only on week 2 and am already trying to figure out things to eat for lunch that are fairly easy to fix at work yet are "on plan." Am craving my typical campbells soup and wondered if anyone had checked these or others out to see if they are ok?
    Kira
  • Quote: Hi! I've so enjoyed this forum...has helped keep me on track and has answered so many of my questions! Was wondering if anyone knew if soup is allowed (like low sodium veggie) other than the packaged ones? I'm only on week 2 and am already trying to figure out things to eat for lunch that are fairly easy to fix at work yet are "on plan." Am craving my typical campbells soup and wondered if anyone had checked these or others out to see if they are ok?
    Kira
    Check the recipe thread at the top of the MRC forum. For instance, here's one that pops up immediately: (I imagine most canned/prepared soups will not be acceptable due to the sodium content).

Cheeseburger Soup

16oz. ground lean turkey breast
    6 oz. green onions - chopped
    10oz. celery - chopped
    1 1/3 tsp. dried basil
    1 1/3 tsp. dried parsley
    4 cups hot water
    4 envelopes MRC Cream of Chicken and Veggies Supplement
    6 oz. Cheddar Cheese - cubed

In a stock pot, combine water with the Cream of Chicken Supplement. Bring to a boil and add veggies. Let simmer until celery is cooked. While that is cooking, brown the turkey and add to stock pot. Stir in basil and parsley (I didn't add either of these because I didn't have them). Bring to a boil, simmer about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese. Heat through until melted but don't bring it to a boil.

Servings: 4
    Meal: Lunch
    Beginning: Day 11
    Replaces: 6oz. Protein, 1 creamy supplement, 2oz. cooked veggies
  • That sounds great!! Thanks!!!
  • That's my favorite soup!