Went to Dr. Today....

• I knew it had been a while since I had been in.....it turns out I was there a year ago today. That was funny.

They checked my blood sugar while I was there.....after my morning coffee and breakfast of watermelon... a couple hours later it was 86!!!!! I was so stinking excited.

They were also impressed with my weight loss. I have to go back in the morning for fasting blood work and we'll see what my A1C is. Last year when I had it done it was 6.0 - I am hoping for the same or better.

My blood pressure was bad and they gave me some new medication since I told them I couldn't afford the other one. I haven't been taking any BP medication in over 2 months. BP was 157/101 - yikes. Anyway, they sent me home with samples and a prescription that I can more easily afford. I wish it was on Walmart's $4 list, but it isn't. Oh well, it is half the price of the other so that is good.
  • One thing you could look into is mail order prescriptions if that is offered with your insurance- my insurance does this and you can get 3 months at a time and the copay is the SAME. So my copay for one medication is $10 a month if I go to the local pharmacy or if I go through the mail it's $10 for a three month supply

Glad to hear that the numbers are getting better
  • good news mary. you are getting things under control, first your sugars, now your bp. getting healthy and happy.