Cottage Cheese

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I LOVE 2% COTTAGE CHEESE. Its so yummy and a very good snack
  • lol- just careful eating too much- it is high in sodium.
  • I only eat 1 a day
  • Quote: I LOVE 2% COTTAGE CHEESE. Its so yummy and a very good snack
    I love a half cup of cottage cheese on fresh tomatoes from my garden, best afternoon snack. Oh and lots of black pepper!
  • Yum!
  • Oh my gosh, fresh tomatoes and cottage cheese. Music to my ears! And thanks for the reminder, beerab. It's high in sodium, but doesn't taste like it.
  • I haven't found any that doesn't taste way too salty... Sadness.
  • Low Sodium is out there!
    I just bought some yesterday because some ladies were singing its praises -- and I LOVE it! Eating it right now with some strawberries. Was also delish with cinnamon and just a tiny bit of Truvia.

I found low-sodium 1% at Whole Foods, and checked my Safeway today (Von's on the west coast) and they have it as well (Lucerne brand).

Happy to have found a yummy high-protein snack!
  • It's also good with a fresh pear sliced on top. Mmmmm
  • Try it with a cucumber and pepper ... OMG its it wonderful!
  • Oh I love cottage cheese! Especially with tomatoes but I've never tried cucumbers. I don't like it with sweetener or fruit, just tastes icky to me.

I'm picky about the curd size too, I always buy the small curd.
  • I put it in my tuna also- so good- I use that instead of mayo
  • Whoa whoa whoa... hold up. You can put it in tuna? How does it taste?

I love tuna, and I rarely have tuna sandwhiches because gluten free bread is very high calorie and same with the mayo.

My new love lately is cottage cheese. And now that I think about it, it almost makes common sense because they are two salty things.. hmm.

Does the texture change a lot? What is it like?
  • I've never considered cottage cheese salty. I always thought of it as rather neutral because it's great with both fruit (like strawberries) or veggies (like tomatoes). I also love it in scrambled eggs, it gets all gooey and cheesy.

Stephanie, what I do to add it to tuna is to put cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and some spices in the food processor and whirl it until it's sorta the consistency of mayo, and then stir it up with a can of tuna. And I eat it with either gluten-free pretzels or Nut-Thins.

Hooray for cottage cheese!
  • Mmm this all sounds delicious! I've been experimenting with it more lately, though I don't buy it too often.

A couple days ago I steamed veggies and put it ontop with some pepper, it was soooo yummy!

And the idea of it in eggs sounds good too. Now I think I'm going to have to buy some more!