OOPS!! - a place to talk about cheats, off protocol foods/products, NO-NOs

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Yeah, yeah, I know we're supposed to be all strong, and brave, and have willpower, etc. etc.
    But, Monday is my BIRTHDAY! And I am so looking forward to it! I am taking the day OFF!

All I've been thinking about is what I'm going to EAT! I have such a menu planned! None of this -->> None of this -->>
    It will be all of this!! -->>
    This will be me on Monday -->>

Then, this will be me on Tuesday -->>

I will feel like this -->>
    But then I will be good
    Funny and creative too!
  • Quote: So I've found those Oh Yeah Bars at my local drugstore, and right now they're on sale at, guess what 0.50$ !!! They're lower in carb than the IP one, but higher in fat and calories.. à

I'm thinking it could be a good idea to have them like 1/2 day to cut the cost of IP because my credit card can't take it anymore..

Calories 210.0
    Calories from Fat 117.0

Fat 13.0 g 20 %
    Saturated Fat 6.0 g 30 %
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
    Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
    Cholesterol 2.0 mg 1 %
    Sodium 135.0 mg 6 %
    Potassium 0.0 mg 0 %
    Carbohydrate 8.0 g 3 %
    Dietary Fiber 2.0 g 8 %
    Protein 14.0 g 28 %

Do you think that's alright, or am I making a big mistake ??

The taste is not really good, but for 0.50$ I can take it

Oh and : does anyone have heard about Pure Protein Drink ? They come in can and seem allright to me, I've found some at my walt mart!
    that seems EXTREMELY high in fat i myself would avoid those unless absolutely necessary. everything else looks decent but ugh, the fat and saturated fat makes me nervous! le tme know how they work out if you do use them!
  • Quote: that seems EXTREMELY high in fat i myself would avoid those unless absolutely necessary. everything else looks decent but ugh, the fat and saturated fat makes me nervous! le tme know how they work out if you do use them!
    the saturated fat is high but the total fat is less the 3 tsp of olive oil.. that is 14g per!
  • ellie i actually lost more this week with a cheat on saturday night, i think you'll be fine

and i just put my prom dress on IT DIDN'T JUST FIT, IT WAS BAGGY!
  • Quote: ellie i actually lost more this week with a cheat on saturday night, i think you'll be fine

and i just put my prom dress on IT DIDN'T JUST FIT, IT WAS BAGGY!

super nice! My new pants came and they fit like a glove! just as I remembered my old (now baggy) jeans used to be!

I likey!

going to hit treadmill for even 20 mins to feel better.
  • So I finally had my first cheat since starting on IP on May 4th. I started my 2 week summer holiday yesterday and it was also Canada Day so we had a bunch of people over for a BBQ. With everybody eating and drinking I decided to let loose a little bit. Over the course of the day, I had 3 glasses of Nestea Zero with vodka and 1-2 tbsp artichoke & asiago dip with Greek pita slices. Heavenly! Today I got right back on track except then the neighbours invited me over...so I had one bottle of Smirnoff Ice Light (100 cal, 1 carb, made with sucralose) and a handful of Multigrain Tostitos to be polite. Hopefully none of this will throw me out of ketosis. In the grand scheme of things, I think I did quite well considering all the junk that I was exposed to!! Back at it hard this weekend to try and salvage a loss for my Monday night WI! Bluesfest starts on Tuesday and I'm going to a few concerts...drinking will be involved...might need to pay another visit to this thread...yikes!

Congrats Erin & Ellie on the NSVs! Great feeling I'm sure.
  • Quote: the saturated fat is high but the total fat is less the 3 tsp of olive oil.. that is 14g per!
    Carla, do you think that the day I'm using those (mostly to cut the cost of IP because 50 cent each is soooo small) I should cut the Olive oil ?
  • just an fyi re my toast and feta cheese eating: not out of ketosis yet so I think my body managed it correctly.

Quote: So I finally had my first cheat since starting on IP on May 4th. I started my 2 week summer holiday yesterday and it was also Canada Day so we had a bunch of people over for a BBQ. With everybody eating and drinking I decided to let loose a little bit. Over the course of the day, I had 3 glasses of Nestea Zero with vodka and 1-2 tbsp artichoke & asiago dip with Greek pita slices. Heavenly! Today I got right back on track except then the neighbours invited me over...so I had one bottle of Smirnoff Ice Light (100 cal, 1 carb, made with sucralose) and a handful of Multigrain Tostitos to be polite. Hopefully none of this will throw me out of ketosis. In the grand scheme of things, I think I did quite well considering all the junk that I was exposed to!! Back at it hard this weekend to try and salvage a loss for my Monday night WI! Bluesfest starts on Tuesday and I'm going to a few concerts...drinking will be involved...might need to pay another visit to this thread...yikes!

Congrats Erin & Ellie on the NSVs! Great feeling I'm sure.

this week for me will be very hard too. first half I'll be in vancouver with parents and my mom is already telling me about what she is cooking every single day. We had a conversation yesterday (this is the 3rd time on ip that I am going up there) and she remembered again how its going to be except that this time I'll be having lunch with them but no rice.

second half will be way harder so I am already giving up. Going to oregon coast and the boy has already left the wine bottle to be taken on the dinning room table as a reminder. I know I will drink on 8th, 9th and 10th so here we go....
  • Quote: Carla, do you think that the day I'm using those (mostly to cut the cost of IP because 50 cent each is soooo small) I should cut the Olive oil ?
    I wouldn't. You need the healthier oils more. If you are taking omega oils too, then you can cut back but if you are only using the olive oil, just make sure you stick to the 2 tsp on those days. You won't go out of ketosis for fat but, if you have a stall or serious slow down, you show remember that this is giving you added calories.

Quote: just an fyi re my toast and feta cheese eating: not out of ketosis yet so I think my body managed it correctly.
    Nice!! I am glad things are going well!

Quote: this week for me will be very hard too. first half I'll be in vancouver with parents and my mom is already telling me about what she is cooking every single day. We had a conversation yesterday (this is the 3rd time on ip that I am going up there) and she remembered again how its going to be except that this time I'll be having lunch with them but no rice.

second half will be way harder so I am already giving up. Going to oregon coast and the boy has already left the wine bottle to be taken on the dinning room table as a reminder. I know I will drink on 8th, 9th and 10th so here we go....
    Well, maybe you are closeenough to your goal you can manage it more easily now. Enjoy the vacation!
  • I took the day off today, well the 4th, as I had previously planned. It was sooo not worth it! I am absolutely miserable. I am bloated and gassy, and all that, it sucks, don't think I'll do this again. If so, it will just be a small meal, not a day. So, tomorrow and Tuesday, I am going to have to chug a lug and drink it all right out of my body. In preparation, I bought a case of water. Please lord, don't let me have a headache all day tomorrow.
  • Quote: I took the day off today, well the 4th, as I had previously planned. It was sooo not worth it! I am absolutely miserable. I am bloated and gassy, and all that, it sucks, don't think I'll do this again. If so, it will just be a small meal, not a day. So, tomorrow and Tuesday, I am going to have to chug a lug and drink it all right out of my body. In preparation, I bought a case of water. Please lord, don't let me have a headache all day tomorrow.
    I have a feeling yu might be a very sleepy person tomorrow. If you drank, then u should have the ibuprofen right on your bedside table.
  • Quote: I have a feeling yu might be a very sleepy person tomorrow. If you drank, then u should have the ibuprofen right on your bedside table.
    I used to take b vitamins, aspirin, and a large water before bed when I had a lot to drink! LOL.... I guess everyone has their trick!
  • Quote: I took the day off today, well the 4th, as I had previously planned. It was sooo not worth it! I am absolutely miserable. I am bloated and gassy, and all that, it sucks, don't think I'll do this again. If so, it will just be a small meal, not a day. So, tomorrow and Tuesday, I am going to have to chug a lug and drink it all right out of my body. In preparation, I bought a case of water. Please lord, don't let me have a headache all day tomorrow.
    How goes it today???
  • Heyya ladies

We had our menu tasting yesterday and O...M...G...first off I have never eaten so much in my entire life and I have never eaten such delicious food..I threw caution to the wind and had the attitude that I am getting married once and Im trying to enjoy every moment of the planning, so I probably should try what we were planning to serve..ohsweetjesus...

Im suffering today but Im back on track and I am hoping that this cheat may shock my system and make the plateau leave for good and let me start losing again.
  • Quote: Going to oregon coast and the boy has already left the wine bottle to be taken on the dinning room table as a reminder. I know I will drink on 8th, 9th and 10th so here we go....
    Hey, I bought some of the Slenderwine and if you add some orange extract, a squeeze of fresh lime and serve it over ice it tastes like Sangria! and at least you are staying away from the sugar...anyway have a GREAT time at the coast, where are you headed, exactly?