OOPS!! - a place to talk about cheats, off protocol foods/products, NO-NOs

You're on Page 11 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Doing your best is all you can do. Obviously, ketosis or not, you're losing weight. What more can you ask for?!
    Well yea, I could ask for the weight loss part. I went up a few lbs and it hasn't budged. Haha! I'm sure it will even out by my WI Tuesday. I hope
  • Too many to count. Last one was a caramel pecan ice cream in waffle cone. On vacation.

Before ice cream was a bloody Mary. Note partner went to get a massage hence ice cream happened. I don't even like ice cream. To be followed by more booze. His jaw hurts so his father/doctor prescribed getting loaded. I had to be a good company you see.

See you back on the scales soon!
  • Quote: That's why I can't move onto maintenence. Left to my own devices I'm an eating machine. I woke up today w a sugar hangover, that's how bad I've been, oh and the scale totally shows it. I have no idea how I didn't cheat those first 6 weeks. I feel like at this point I need something switched off in my brain, so that I only eat when I'm hungry and appropriate amounts. I fixed my body, but my brain is lagging behind.

You are not alone. Maybe just do Phase 1 for a week to get back on track, then try maintence again?
    Hoo-ooo-ooo. . . . This is the voice of your past. SWITCH!
  • Quote: Good news: ketosis is back!!!! Only one day out of it and I felt like crap! I learned my cheating lesson. Never again. At least not until wedding cake tasting in October.
    Quote: Well yea, I could ask for the weight loss part. I went up a few lbs and it hasn't budged. Haha! I'm sure it will even out by my WI Tuesday. I hope
    y'know I sometimes do and sometimes don't show up on the strip, but I have learned I can tell when ketosis stops because once my body does not have access to those extra fat calories, I CRASH. Exhausted and starving. Does everyone feel that bad when you drop "out"? Like it was the first 4-5 days?
  • Enjoying first beer of day, realized no wallet. Have iPhone and car keys to pay with
  • Quote: If you're going to drink and get kicked out of ketosis anyhow, you better eat some carbs, or tomorrow you'll be one sick pup!
    Thanks for the concern BROCOLA! I ended up having 3 Smirnoff Ice Light and 4 regular Mike's Hard Lemonade last night at Bluesfest. Didn't go off protocol in any other way...just drinks no food! Felt a bit rough this morning until I had a few glasses of water and then my IP vanilla shake. After that, felt ok...not sure whether I kicked myself out of ketosis. Been super good all day and will continue to be...hoping to have a good WI on Monday! Back on the horse!

PITA-ELLIE: Love your posts! Sounds like you're enjoying your vacay...good for you girl!! You've worked hard and deserve to let loose a little!
  • dietertoo,

Welcome to 3Fat Chicks. I see you haven't been on any of the forums before. I am so sorry you had a bad experience. As many of us are already aware, there is a fair amount of variation in clinics and advice. We have come to accept that is happening. As with all new things, the advice we receive is to an extent limited by the experience of the new coach/clinic/Dr.

Please enjoy your visits to the 3 fat chicks website. I hope you find a forum and threads that suits your current program and plan where you can provide, and receive, the support that makes for a successful journey and lifestyle.
  • Quote: dietertoo,

Welcome to 3Fat Chicks. I see you haven't been on any of the forums before. I am so sorry you had a bad experience. As many of us are already aware, there is a fair amount of variation in clinics and advice. We have come to accept that is happening. As with all new things, the advice we receive is to an extent limited by the experience of the new coach/clinic/Dr.

Please enjoy your visits to the 3 fat chicks website. I hope you find a forum and threads that suits your current program and plan where you can provide, and receive, the support that makes for a successful journey and lifestyle.

agreed 100%, good luck!
  • day 2 post trauma and still no ketosis how many more days? I usually get back into it in less than 24 hours post bad stuff. This time though I did have potatoes, bacon, fries and ice cream along side booze. Normaly its just alchohol. How many more days?
  • guys.....I just came through a 3 day bender.....ok well I was imaging myself eating everything I could get my hands on at my bridal shower...but the reality is I didn't...no time for that...so I had a few cheats on Saturday....Sunday was bad...and monday I had spinach dip and pita as the only meal of the day....good news....I wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, bad news I cheated on two more than the one day I had planned....today I am back on the wagon....it feels good...not hungry...I still feel the bread weighing me down though....not sure how it's going to affect the scale....but it felt really good to have a break from IP.
  • Quote: Enjoying first beer of day, realized no wallet. Have iPhone and car keys to pay with
    How'd that work out??
  • Quote: How'd that work out??
    Bahhhaaahhhh... Maybe Pita traded her iphone for beer so she cant update us
  • Quote: How'd that work out??
    scarey at first and then worked out great once partner came with money. spent the next 5 hours drinking and playing horse shoes with locals.

still paying for it, so sleepy and dizzy, hoping for Mr. keto to show up by tomorrow.

had decided to be phase I y for a week but not working out, had to have real meat for lunch.
  • OKAY! I don't usually have to come here to the confessional thread, but it happened. Last night I went out to dinner with family from out of town and I had Chicken Roulade (baked chicken stuffed with spinach, broccoli and cheddar cheese - it was supposed to have a mushroom sauce on top, but I said NO WAY that). It didn't take me out of ketosis (how long can this take?) or at least I don't think so. I checked it right after, and then again this morning, and all was well! So there. It was great, and I don't feel bad (is that bad - LOL). But I got right back on track today.
  • ah jeez today was lame. it all started with a teaspoon of Edy's no sugar added Triple chocolate ice cream. 110 cals = 1/2cup I've been moody all day and that teaspoon turned into a cup. I can only image what the scale will do to me on Friday. It could be worse I know, but just I want this weight off so badly. Not sure why I'm so weak and keep sabotaging the results that I'm seeing! UGH