Bovine ramblings

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • You all make me feel so good. *kissy face* *spinny thing* *bug picture*
  • Darling Peaches I am so sorry the he did that to you! He is losing a great woman and it truly is his loss. You are the Queen for this week! Here are some for you.

I was in Seattle Sunday and Monday at Childrens Hospital on Monday. DD had to have oral surgery and we had to be there by 6 AM , Thanks to the Ronald McDonald house we stayed at the Silver Cloud Inn, They paid for part of the room for us. Megan hs pretty teeth and they are so clean and shinny! This was the first time she had been to have them cleaned. Noone wanted to take her being as she is DD and has seizures. I have spent the last year getting her in so I am happy that she is taken care of. She had 2 small cavities and a chip that they fixed. DH never was that worried about her foing but I sure was!
    I hope you all are having a great day!
    I am tired of the cold and the already. Longview got 1 1/2" on Monday!
    Brattie
  • I'm so stupid
    What I *meant* to say is that there is a shortage of WOMEN in all those places I mentioned. I suppose one would never have a moment's peace. Just imagine our gorgeous Peaches showing up at Moe's Frontier Bar in Scagway, Alaska. Yes, this is a real place. A guy I knew at university had a jacket from there.

Eee! All this dental work going on. Poor Kiwi and Brattie's dd. I'm supposed to get my gold inlay on Oct 25 and my tooth is hurting now now now. She put some temporary cement stuff in there and went on holiday so I'll have to stick it out.

Later, gators.
  • National Dentist Week
    Glad your little one's oral surgery went well, Brat. How old is she? My DD had to have 4 teeth extracted years ago before she started her orthodontia. That was scary, but she did so well. The oral surgeon was impressively low stress. She was prepared for the procedure at a fairly leisurely pace, which kept her calm, then when he was ready to extract, he was all zip-zip-zip-zip and it was over. Not too bad, considering. Today she had to have another set of impressions done at the orthod. to replace her retainer.

My tooth is feeling pretty good, although my gums took a beating and it hurts to brush near there. Hope you make it the 3 weeks til your appt., Sugar. Maybe you should be renamed Artificial Sweetener just for this month--sugar makes my teeth ache worse when they hurt.

Old doggie update: The vet put her on another steroid, stronger. So now she will be even more hungry, thirsty and have to pee more often. Like she wasn't already giving me fits. But it will be worth it if she gets walking on 4 legs again.

Kiwi
  • I have a nasty migraine and yet I am here. How's that for faithful. I have some new pills that seem to take the edge off the painful head, but they don't do much for the nausea. Bleeeeh!

The Oregon rain has set in today. Perfect migraine weather.
  • You are faithfulness itself, Wab. Hope you feel better soon. I tried a friend's Imitrex once when I had a migraine, and I found the same thing with that--it got rid of the pain, but did nothing for the nausea. I can get that with over the counter stuff.

Sorry to hear your weather sux. Ours is delightful. Rather cool today, but sunny and wunnerful. I was called in to meals on wheels to deliver today -- it was a pleasure to drive around listening to one of DD's homemade mix tapes looking for hungry seniors.

Ta, ladies
    Kiwi
  • Oh Wabby I am so sorry about the Migrain I hate getting them more than anything. One of my friends had never had a headache and didn't know why I got so sick and all that with them. SHe finally had a Migrain and I wanted to laugh at her and say SEE?

I think the rain here sucks as well. I know we need it but I still prefer the sunshine. I never noticed extra men in the NW? Oh wait I am in hicksville and the men here don't count!

Kiwi what a wonnderful thing to do! How did you get started doing that? Tell us more about it please? My DD is almost 11 but is Developmentally Delayed, has Epilepsy, Retts Syndrom, is non verbal, in diapers, etc. So this was the first time she has had her teeth cleaned. She had to be put to sleep for it and there are always risks with that. She had 2 small cavities, plac on the from lower teeth, and a chip that they fixed. How is your Doggie doing? Have you likked your back yet?

SugP how is your tooth doing? You are having a gold tooth? Gee make sure noone tries to take it when you are asleep! It might be fun not having a moments peace with a lot of men! I went out with a guy from Alaska and it was the worse date ever. He had a hugh beer belly, was ugly, had the hots for my roommate but said I could satisfy him. He passed out in my bed from drinking to much and I woke at 5 AM and put the 2 dogs in the room with him and shut the door! 2 full grown labs one black and one yellow. He had a hangover so I was nice and loud and yelled at him for bruising my arms and neck. I bruise easy but he didn't know that. He was such a loser I had him buying me and my roomie drinks cause he irrited me so early in the date.
    Hope everyone else is doing great today I might bake today or take a nap? The rain has me cold.
    Oh btw FIL caught a big fish. It is about 3 feet long and big.
    Brattie
  • I'm mean and grumpy today. Don't know why, just am.

Brattie, you have your hands full. Kids w/ no special needs are tough enough. wow! that must have been the date from h*ll, not Alaska.

Hi Kiwi, glad to see that you are still doing your civic duty by feeding the oldsters! We'll be there some day, you know.

Well, it's time for lunch and my banker is taking me out to the new restaurant in town. I'd feel special, but I think she just likes to commiserate about teenagers w/ me, I really don't think it's because I'm such a high roller client.
  • Wow, Bratty!
    That date story is right up there with Worst Dates Ever, I should think! Very impressive. I've been on several of the Most Embarrassing Dates Ever, but I can't think of one quite that bad. Of course I might be blocking it out. I had a tendency to go out with guys who were truly trying too hard. Like the one who, on a first date, made me dinner at his apartment and then put "Bolero" on the stereo and dimmed the lights (this was shortly after the movie "10" came out). I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

My favorite casual date ever was the guy in high school who took me downtown to the newspaper office after hours and we watched the presses run. That's creative.

You sure do have your hands full. It never occurred to me what a problem it could be for a Dev. D kid to go to the dentist, but now that you describe it, I certainly see what you mean.

Wabbit, you know your banker just wants to be seen with a hottie like you.

Will answer your question later, brat, gotta go out to dindin.

Kiwi
  • Wow a slow weekend? I am fighting with stepson aka ss 8 and FIL. Not in a happy mood and called ss a Demon Child this morning when Pastor asked me what was wrong why I was criing said I am raising a Demon Child and FIL is undermining all I do! I am better but not much. D