Why do people do this?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Well hopefully the difference this time WILL be your support - if you work hard it WILL pay off and seven pounds is great!
  • WHAT TROLLS!! You know what I would tell them --- GO Put on a Suit that weights 78lbs and try to walk a half mile if that!! I bet they wouldn't even be able to run. Good for you - you should be proud. My workouts were just 15 minutes a day in the beginning - everything should be in baby steps hun What i've noticed is the more weight I lose the easier it is to run because honestly the more you weigh the harder it is to move
  • People like to make themselves feel better by putting others down or belittling their accomplishments. Maybe those jerks are having trouble in their own lives and are feeling insecure, and see the easiest way to bring themselves up by bringing you down. It sucks, but there it is. You can ignore them until they get the message and shut up, or you can tell them right out that what they're doing is not cool.

In the meantime, try not to take their comments personally, and remember that they are being petty and small (and not in the way that we all want to be small! lol ), most likely making up for some lack in their own self esteem. People who are rooting for you and actually care about you will be supportive and remind you that you should be VERY proud of yourself for the progress you are making. Like us!
  • Just forget about those people.
    You are doing a fantastic job! Keep it up! I would put those people on ignore.
  • It's your blog. Turn comments off.

Some people are just unbelievably rude and take the 'net anonymity as license to bully at will.

But don't worry. The Karma Bus will find them.

A.
  • I don't know what some peoples' problem is...they can be really obnoxious. Don't let them bring you down. You are doing a great job! And we are all here to support you.
  • I agree with everyone else, of course -- you're doing something WONDERFUL for yourself, and I don't know why anyone would want to belittle your accomplishments. The only reason I can see is that it makes them feel good about themselves when they can try to make someone else feel bad. There will always be people like that around, unfortunately. I'm so glad you're here at 3FC, though, because I've always found the people here to be amazingly supportive.

Congratulations on everything you've achieved!