Ran my first 5K

• I started last year in March to train for a 5K because it was something I wanted to prove to myself that I could do. I suffered from a stress fracture in my foot and had to stop training after 4 weeks and I just didn't pick it back up again. That is until just over a month ago.

Friday night I completed my first 5K, coming across the finish line in 45 minutes. While that may not be the greatest time, I finished ahead of people who were younger and in better shape than me. I also had the best 1st mile I've ever had.
  • That is awesome! Congrats
  • Way to go!! I bet that feels great!
  • That is so great!! Keep up the good work!!

Running a 5k is on my "bucket list". Right now I'm concentrating on getting to my goal weight but once I accomplish that then I'm going to start training for my first 5k. I can't wait!
  • WTG!! Congrats
  • i'm really happy for you, it must be such a great feeling of achievement! way to go!
  • Way to go! I just ran (mostly) my first 5k a few weekends ago and also had one of my best starts. It's a nice feeling isn't it.

• Dhani
  • What an achievement ................congrats .

I couldnt even run to the bus stop lol x
  • Good for you! That is WONDERFUL!!! I can't wait to run my first one!
  • That is fantastic. I have just taken up running - well...more walking with an occasional fast waddle - so I can imagine how much effort you have put in to be capable of running for 45 minutes. You should be incredibly proud of you. I look forward to the day that I can do 10 solid minutes ... 45 is out of my "possible" list. WELL DONE!!!!