JUNE NSV's

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • For those of you unfamiliar with the term, NSV stands for Non Scale Victory. This is where we share our progress on matters that don't necessarily relate to the actual number on the scale. Such as making a healthier choice, resisting temptation, receiving a compliment (we're big on those), fitting into clothing better, something in the fitness area and so on and so on. So let's start filling it up!
  • My favorite bras, that always fit just right, are saggy and the straps are falling off my shoulders! I measured and omg, I am no longer a C, I am a B! I haven't been a B since I was a teenager!! (Yes I am actually excited about this, lol).
  • *thumbs up* Lyn! Go get some new bras ASAP, because wearing bras that don't fit right will make you feel still-fat, but new bras will make you feel HOT and AWESOME like you are

This is an NSV from the weekend, but I was lazy about posting. On Saturday my husband and I went rollerskating. This is the third or fourth time we've been in the past few months--and I've been really intent on my strength-training recently specifically because I wanted my legs and knees to be strong enough that I wasn't shaky and freaked out on the skates. And, success! I was able to really finally GET IN THE GROOVE of skating again (I used to skate as a tween and loved it). I had about half an hour of sheer, endorphin-blissed-out joy once I found that groove, where I felt graceful and strong and fast enough. It was amazing and so FUN.
  • Last evening, I went to a meeting where there was a bowl of pecans and a plate of cookies sitting right in front of me on the table. I stuck to my plan and didn't eat one bite! Then, I went grocery shopping and stood in torture alley while waiting to check out. Honestly, it was about 8 feet of candy, chips, sodas, etc, etc, leading up to the register....on both sides of me! But, I did not purchase my usual regular Pepsi and Snickers bar!

Also, it could just be my imagination, but I think my jeans are just a tad looser.

This used to be one of the most active and inspiring threads on 100lb club. What happened?
  • Twice in the past 7 days I have worn a dress out. I have not worn a dress (without shorts in years). I feel sexy, pretty and great.
  • I tossed FIVE more pairs of pants in the Fat Clothes box to be gotten rid of this morning, and when I tried on the new jeans that did not fit or even button last month, they are PERFECT and even a tiny bit loose!
  • Someone at work today told me I look like a teenager!!!
  • I guess this could be considered an NSV.
    More ongoing than anything. I have not gone to the vending machine at work for over 5 weeks. Before my commitment to weight loss I would go at least once, if not twice a day. I don't even want to think of the calories I spent, let alone the money!!
  • Last night I was lying on my side and felt a BONE in my leg! Freaky
  • I was told that you could see the Movement in my body .. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing I am taking it as a good thing
  • Quite a few people at work have told me that I am looking really good but that I need to buy new clothes cos they r getting too baggy on me.lol
  • Lately it seems that I have an NSV every day.

- I can do so much more than I used to. Energy, energy, energy - didn't know that I could feel this good
    - Compliments - My weight loss has really slowed down but I seem smaller and can fit into smaller clothes. I think it is the exercise. I got several compliments yesterday and today.
    - I can fit into the "skinny" person spot at our table. The place where we used to always stick my youngest son.
    - This morning I decided to try the exercise DVD that I gave up on a few months ago. It was easy today!
  • I have another one today! I am teaching my child to ride a bike. We were walking down a little hill and she got going a bit fast and I had to RUN to stay with her!!!!!!! I did it, I ran (well, sort of jogged) for a short distance (maybe 10 seconds both times). I know that sounds lame but I am very lower-half heavy AND have knees that are shot, and I have not moved that fast since, oh, maybe 1996!!!!!
  • oh my goodness I can see a defined thigh muscle!
  • My abdominal hernia has healed. I can lean over w/o pain and do housework much faster. More exercise for me!