Whatcha Readin' June 2010

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • I'm about halfway through The Dreyfus Affair by Peter Lefcourt, and then on deck I have Blood Oath by Christopher Farnsworth (about a vampire who's a special secret agent to the President) and Play Dead by Ryan Brown (3 words: zombie. football. players)
  • I am reading The Best of Friends: Martha and Me. I just finished Happens Every Day which was pretty good.
  • Little Bee
  • I am currently finishing the second trilogy by Robin Hobb called The Tawney Man trilogy. The first was the Farseer trilogy, starting with Assassin's Apprentice. Anyone in to fantasy, I highly recommend them!
  • I have to read Crime and Punishment for school. However... my "pleasure" reading is:

Small Animal Clinical Nutrition

It's a textbook... but it is my pleasure reading.

I'm also just reading whatever I feel like reading. My other "pleasure" book is a little more understandable. Seabiscuit.

ETA: The funny thing is that I'm seventeen... so yeah... will be a senior in high school this year. So yeah... and these things are what I'm reading for fun?
  • I am reading Eat Pray Love, again. Next on my list are the Sookie Stackhouse books... LOVE True Blood so I am hoping the books are better as they usually are in the case of Books vs. Movies/Shows. I have a whole summer where I have nothing to do, but spend time with the pup and the nieces and nephews. I plan to read a ton!
  • Quote: I am reading Eat Pray Love, again. Next on my list are the Sookie Stackhouse books... LOVE True Blood so I am hoping the books are better as they usually are in the case of Books vs. Movies/Shows. I have a whole summer where I have nothing to do, but spend time with the pup and the nieces and nephews. I plan to read a ton!
    Funny that you say this, because I've read all the Sookie Stackhouse books except the newest one...Dead in the Family, which I just picked up today and am excited to start tonight

The book are definitely better than the show! I like the show a lot, but I've been reading the books before the show even came on and they are excellent!
  • I am reading Little Bee, also, Ubergirl!
  • Still trudging my way through Last Night In Twisted River by John Irving. But I also just borrowed digital copies of Books 2 and 3 in the Greywalker series by Kat Richardson
  • Quote: Funny that you say this, because I've read all the Sookie Stackhouse books except the newest one...Dead in the Family, which I just picked up today and am excited to start tonight

The book are definitely better than the show! I like the show a lot, but I've been reading the books before the show even came on and they are excellent!
    YAY That makes me feel a ton better! I looked through it and the first two books seem to be the first two seasons?
  • WOW... I am a little embarassed to name my book... all the others seem like literature, and mine is pure fluff.

I'm reading The Infidelty Pact by Carrie Karasyov
  • Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell
    Half-Assed by Jennette Fulda
  • The Third Twin - Ken Follett, and after that I'll start on the second book in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.

A good book and a cup of ginger tea keeps my mind (and my wanna-snack hands) occupied before bed!
  • Ginger Tea!
    Quote: The Third Twin - Ken Follett, and after that I'll start on the second book in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.

A good book and a cup of ginger tea keeps my mind (and my wanna-snack hands) occupied before bed!
    Ummm - after my sushi ginger I'm having coconut green tea. That and crocheting should keep me occupied before bed!
  • Quote: YAY That makes me feel a ton better! I looked through it and the first two books seem to be the first two seasons?
    Yeah, that's what it seems to me. The show is a little different from the books, but each season one seems to follow book one, and the same with season/book 2. They're really good, I'm excited for you to read them LOL!