Old 06-29-2010, 08:20 AM   #241  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
So ... I've noticed something that I like but seems a little strange. As I've gotten older, my eyebrows have thinned out quite a bit. But, they have actually filled in some during the last few months! Yay! Any explanations why?
Are you working out? Maybe it is some muscle one.

I tryed just a dab in my coffee this morning. It wasnt enough to taste it. Does the oil have any side effects? I'm wondering cuz after dinner I got a major headache & had to go to bed early. It could have been me cuz I am prone to them & get migraines 1-3 times a yr. I dont want to start out with the suggested dosage till I know if my body will have a negative reaction to it in anyway.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:47 AM   #242  
Ilene the Bean

tyma -- personally I don't think it's the coconut oil but more the withdrawal of carbs... The Omega Nutrition link I gave yesterday has some really good information about the benefits of CO.....

This morning I put coconut milk and oil in my coffee, ět's my breakfast ... Very good BTW....

CJZ -- I've noticed that my hair and face is oilier I don't need as much conditioner and moisturiser... I'm not sure if it's the humidity though, but seems to me when it's humid I'm not this oily...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #243  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
So ... I've noticed something that I like but seems a little strange. As I've gotten older, my eyebrows have thinned out quite a bit. But, they have actually filled in some during the last few months! Yay! Any explanations why?

I've noticed that hair and nail growth seems to be a sign of my body working right. When my health was at it's worst, I hadn't had to shave my legs or pluck my eyebrows for years (I still had to shave under my arms, but not very often). Ny hair was thinning at the crown, too, and my nails were growing much slower.

Now, I use hair and nail growth as one of the benchmarks, almost a barometer of how my health is doing. The fewer symptoms I'm having, the more hair I have to deal wiht (both where I want it, and where I don't).

Even the hair on my arms is thicker. It's super short and pale blonde, so it's not like I have to shave or wax my arms or anything.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #244  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I've noticed that hair and nail growth seems to be a sign of my body working right. When my health was at it's worst, I hadn't had to shave my legs or pluck my eyebrows for years (I still had to shave under my arms, but not very often). Ny hair was thinning at the crown, too, and my nails were growing much slower.
Now, I use hair and nail growth as one of the benchmarks, almost a barometer of how my health is doing. The fewer symptoms I'm having, the more hair I have to deal wiht (both where I want it, and where I don't).

Even the hair on my arms is thicker. It's super short and pale blonde, so it's not like I have to shave or wax my arms or anything.
I just got an AH HA moment... my SIL, who is a vegetarian and low fat eater, is losing her hair!! This may be why... OMG what a light bulb moment... I don't think she would switch BUT I still may mention it to her...
Old 06-29-2010, 04:17 PM   #245  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I went really low fat for a while and my hair was falling out.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #246  
hunt and gatherer

S/C/G: 368/300/198

Height: 6'2"

You gals better be careful or you'll start looking like that dude in the Geico commercials.

I just recently read something about hair rejuvenation and longevity. I'm almost positive it was a calorie restriction study. Melatonin, L Carnitine, Alpha Lipoic Acid and one other have been featured in my anti-aging reading. This is a very good sign you are reporting. I haven't paid attention to my graying head, but I will start.

Hope everyone is well. I'm intermittent fasting because I am not hungry. Dinner tonight is going to be a mega omega 3 salad. Can of sardines mixed into a Caesar's dressing, can of salmon dumped over the top with omega 3 hb eggs mixed in.
BibBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:01 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, I don't post but I read YOUR posts faithfully everyday. I'm having a hard time with sweets and keeping my carbs low. But I feel great.

Anyway, I'm secretly awaiting Bob's weigh in Thursday. All the good things that are happening to you all, fill me with hope and make me feel like I'm on the right track!
wildviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #248  
Ilene the Bean

wildviolets .... My light bulb moment with carbs and sweets came when SusanB said to me when I was having sugar cravings was, the less sweets and carbs you eat the less you crave them... Thank you SusanB I bet you didn't even know that did you?

Last edited by Ilene; 06-29-2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Wild!

Boy, I wish my gray hair would go away! I had a good primal day -

coffee with splash coc milk and half t. or so of coc. oil
lunch - cauliflower rice, with shaved parmesan, half an avocado, black olives, lemon juice.
dinner - grilled cobia, more cauliflower rice with sauteed squash over it, salad
dessert - 2 primal reeses

Bob - I am awaiting your weigh in too... you are an inspiration!
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 05:27 AM   #250  

I don't think I even realised how attached to carbs and sweets I was. It's good to know that there is a scientific explanation for wanting three bowls of cereal or six slices of bread.

It's mind-blowing, the first time you realise that nothing horrible happens if you don't have something sweet.

I try not to pay any attention to my grey hair. I guess I'd better check.

I don't know if I'm excited about the first of the month or not. I'm anxious to see how everybody else did

Claire? is cobia fish?
Old 06-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #251  
Ilene the Bean

Grey hair -- It'll be two years in August the last time I dyed my hair... I don't love the colour but I don't hate it, what I do love is the money I save and not having to make the colour decision every 3-4 weeks, plus I don't miss all the chemicals ... Instead I get a really good hair cut and stay physically fit, I think it's awesome to see a grey haired lady that has a great shape... I don't by any means have a hot shape but I aint too shabby if I do say so myself ...

Yesterday was a good food Primal day but I didn't exercise... does shopping count as exercise

Last edited by Ilene; 06-30-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:25 AM   #252  

S/C/G: 180/178/150

Height: 5'2

Good morning! I am teetering on 144- 143. The scale can not make up its mind (digital) I am a bit bummed. Its been awhile since I have had my bike out (motorcycle) & I have a pair of pant that is lined in the butt & knees (just incase I wipe out) The last time I had them on they were snug. Yesterday when I put them on I almost did not get them zippered. I thought I was seeing a difference in my belly area but I guess it was just wishful thinking on my part. Last nite we made taco salads for dinner. DH made guacamole so I used that & sour cream for the dressing on it. It was so good. I have a little meat left over so I think that will be my lunch today or maybe a stuffed tomato, I have been craving one of those as well. Its nice to be craving something that is good for me & not junk food. Although I still crave some bad for me stuff. DH doesnt help any cuz we have an ice cream store that makes their own ice cream & waffle cones & twice in a weeks time he has asked if I wanted to go. Yes I wanted to go but we did not.
tymaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #253  
hunt and gatherer

S/C/G: 368/300/198

Height: 6'2"

W2L -- Me? An inspiration? Wow, thanks. I sometimes feel like a pain in the butt. What I am doing is not conventional, flies in the face of not only conventional wisdome, which I despise, but even some low carb/primal wisdom. I am acting out of desperation. It seems to be the only thing that works for me. In another forum I once typed I would rather die than carry this weight. I meant it. I was that depressed before I got started. For me, I guess, I just needed to be that pissed off at myself.

Ilene, I don't know about the whole no shampoo biz, but I hate chemicals and applaud your gray hair. I have a sister missing a breast and a thyroid from surgeries who owns a beauty salon. She won't listen to anything negative about the decades of exposure to those chems. Ugh. She wanted to put highlights in my kid's hair and we had quite a heated discussion.

Susan, I agree. Knowing refined grains, cereals, sugars, etc., are literally addictive just makes me more determined. I can honestly say my cravings are finally gone. I would just as soon smoke a cigarette than eat a snickers. The headaches from the last bout of chocolate were a good thing in the long run.

Big day tomorrow. Today I am wearing a nice pair of shorts that were too small for me at Christmas. They look nice. They're only a size 3X. haha!

Yardwork, sunshine and swimming for me for the rest of the day. I told my boss I was going home well. Someone else went home sick, and I wanted to balance it out.
BibBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:33 AM   #254  

New thread for July!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb...imal-july.html

Come on over!