Staying Primal in June!!!

You're on Page 12 of 17
Go to
  • Here's an abstract about my plan for July.

Grok and Grol.
  • This time I just wrote that cole slaw recipe down. I've had to go hunting for it every time. Laptops are wonderful but that kind of favourite should be in the kitchen!
  • I kept track of my intake today. My calories are on the low side

CALORIES 1,021
    CARBS 29
    FAT 75
    PROTEIN 63
  • You gals snuck off to that dark room to eat chocolate chip cookies without me again, dinchya?

Happy Fathers Day to me. I get filet mignons, jumbo shrimps, and lambkabobs. Woot!

I'm keeping it primal but my dear sister wants to help me because I have done a bunch of stuff for her. She bought me a huge bag of chocolate covered Acai berries. Oy. She also bought me pounds of almonds, walnuts and cashews! Aaaaah!

She is awesome, and she is trying, and I just thanked her, but sheeesh.
  • Tyma, I wish I had an answer. I lose weight on the hour with that kind of intake. Obviously, it is just harder for some. I wish I understood it. I have discovered I need a couple days under 20 grams of carbs to settle into ketosis. I know I keep bringing that up. It's just that I find low carbing awful and not very productive unless I am manufacturing ketones.
  • Family day yesterday!

DH deep fried a turkey which was wonderful! I made that cole slaw and it was good. DD brought potato salad that was delicious but not very primal Grandbaby was feeding me the licorice allsorts she brought for Poppy. How could I not eat a couple ???

Tymaboy? Let me think a little ... want to tell us what made up your carbs?
  • Bob! Happy Father's Day!

I'm in a cheap motel somewhere in South Carolina. Because it's Sunday and because it's South Carolina, most of the restaurants hereabouts are closed.

The trip thus far has been okay trip-wise, food-wise has been marginal for me. I haven't gone off the deep end or anything, but I have so much more control at home. Tomorrow I will make better choices! (I said it, so it must be true.)

I keep looking at myself in these hotel mirrors ... I don't have a full length mirror at home. I'm looking *almost* normal. It is a delight.
  • Friday nite after I posted my last post I went & made a can of Tuna - no carbs high protein. Sat. I weighed myself & was back down to 144. I did not eat very good this weekend (graduation party & neighbors anniversary) I did eat carbs & had a few drinks but I did not go over board on any of it, when I weighed myself this morning I was still at 144! Even though I strayed off my normal diet I made sure to eat more protein then I normally do when I allow myself to stray.
  • Well, I toast my departed dear Father every year with my brother and sisters, even if it is just on the phone, and that led to a three glasses of champagne and a handful+ of those damned chocolate covered acai berries. What lame health food that is. Sigh. I had a sugar headache this morning probably exacerbated by the alcohol.

Fast today. I'll eat on Tuesday. Since I don't weigh, I can't be sure, but I am sensing a little plateau.
  • Good morning!

I've got a nice lunch for you ...

Crumbled up fried ground beef, sour cream, grated cheese and salsa. We loved it and will have it again. We could have done that over lettuces, I suppose but I didn't have any. Taco salad?
  • Yes, Susan. That is definitely go to food for me lately. Try it with other meats too. Chunked chicken or pork work very well with the salsa and sour cream. I do generally serve it over a very basic salad. I am using sour cream as salad dressing lately. I love it. Very little red wine vinegar to brighten the greens, and then a coating of sour cream. Last night I sliced steak that was grilled sunday over that salad and that was my meal for the day. It was a huge salad!

I'm not drinking milk, and I'm barely eating cheese, so sour cream and homemade yogurt are my primary sources of dairy now. I'm good with that because of the probiotics.
  • Quote: Crumbled up fried ground beef, sour cream, grated cheese and salsa. We loved it and will have it again. We could have done that over lettuces, I suppose but I didn't have any. Taco salad?
    I usually make that when everyone else eats Tacos...
  • Hi all (shout out to friends from Featherweights Susan and Ilene -- isn't this better than calorie counting??!),

I just wanted to pop in and say I've been doing primal for 5 weeks or so and really love it. I've lost almost 10lbs and plan to post here more this summer (I teach; my year was crazy, but I'm now off for summer).

I have read Primal Blueprint, I frequent marksdailyapple.com, and I'm waiting for Good Calories, Bad Calories to arrive so I can read it. I still have LOTS to learn and lots of questions, as this approach is the TOTAL OPPOSITE of what I have always done and believed. But I must say... I feel great in so many ways -- weight loss, skin, energy, sleep, etc.

Looking forward to joining the conversation here this summer!
  • to Primal W2L
  • Hi Claire! Good to see you here!