20-Somethings WW Chat Thread - JUNE

You're on Page 5 of 8
Go to
  • Lost almost 2 pounds this week but I'm not sure if what I lost was all water or what. My a/c broke and it's been extremely hot for the past month, at nights it's like 85 degrees but it feels like 90. I cook all of my meals and sweating up a storm while trying to cook has been absolute ****! I'm very tired because it's really hard for me to go to sleep when it's hot.

Hopefully everything is fixed this weekend. I really can't live like this.

Maybe because I was really miserable, last week was a whole bunch of sweets and candy. Although the oatmeal cookie recipe I have from this site is awesome and only one point a piece: http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/c...0308?FORM=BING

But I think I did a lot more exercise than usual last week so it all balanced out.

Oh and I hit my 5% goal! Blistering heat aside, I definitely feel and see the effects of this! 10% is next...hopefully it'll be as easy as the first 5%
  • Ms GenghisCohen- I know how you feel with not wanting to actually cook after a long day. When I cook I make more than I need to (it is hard for me to cook for just two sometimes) and I freeze meal sized portions. That way I can keep a couple in the fridge to just toss in a pan and reheat later on.

rayosun- Congrats on the loss so far!! I hope your air is fixed soon! When it gets super hot out here I hate cooking with the stove or oven too. I end up making a lot of salads, cold soups, cold anything! lol
  • Heck, I know exactly what you mean Ray.
    It's just like having no power after a hurricane.
    You just melt into a sticky-icky puddle of UGH!
    It's when you'd rather at least be but would really want
  • Last night we had a premiere of this showcase piece that my friends and I are doing at my school for orientation for freshmen. It went so amazingly well, I love singing and live for those moments of absolute joy on stage.

But before it, I took my 50$ giftcard from my parents to Urban Outfitters to get a new dress for it and everything I tried on just didn't fit quite right. I'm a 36DD and while a size large dress may fit everywhere else on me, it just won't fit over those girls. I finally found something that I really liked and that fit but it took a long struggle to find it, which broke my morale quite a bit. And of course, my friend who I went with suggested we go to the Georgetown Cupcake store to celebrate our upcoming performance. And I ate one and dear lord it was good. And I stole a bite of another. And I kept thinking like, I'm going to log this in my tracker and I'm going to keep going. And I did.

Every other time I've gone on WW, I've fallen off when I get down. But for some reason I know this time I've got it. And I wanted to thank you guys because I feel like you're somehow all part of that.

I have the day off of work today so I'm going to go to the gym now instead of later and then in the afternoon apply for another part time job that I could keep during the year here. Just wanted to say thanks for the support that's already been given and the fact that I feel like you all are so reliable and present in this journey already for me.

• Great job broadwaydreamer!

Yeah, the girls are tough to fight around and you almost have to learn to alter the garments yourself to save cash, but you did great with keeping that snack small, tracking it, and moving on!

Wish I could have heard you sing, I love stuff like that.

on finding part time work.
  • Broadwaydreamer- Don't feel too discouraged on the dress thing. I am the same way and even when I was small dresses and button down tops did NOT work for me. I can find one to fit my chest but then my waist and hips are swimming in the dress or shirt! I have always had to get my dresses altered.

Congrats on sticking to the plan! You will make it.
  • KayNicole - It's weird, but doggie bags aren't a normal thing here. I have never once seen someone leave a restaurant with one. Funny, because so many English people love their dogs. I'm not good at leaving half on the plate but if I manage to make it beneath 149-148 before my holiday I will definitely have to try harder! I'm a student though, so I have a major thing about wasting food. Going to have to ask about the doggie bags. Or bring my own tupperware?

Ms GenghisCohen - would it be possible to make a big thing of chili or something on the weekend and then save some in the fridge to eat during the week or freeze some? Then you could just throw it in a saucepan when you get home and warm it up to eat. Not quite as convenient as a frozen meal but might be a good alternative until you have a microwave again. I do this all the time!

rayosun - Congrats on the loss this week and reaching your 5%!

broadwaydreamer - I kind of wish I had your problem! LOL. Even at my highest weight, which was probably somewhere near 180, I was still only a B cup. I would kill to be a B cup now! I'm glad you didn't let that discourage you. I too feel like I'm on the right track for good now. Good luck with your job search!

to zan!

I'm desperate to see 149.# tomorrow but I don't think I will since I was back up to the ol' 151.4 this morning. Darn TOM and chocolate cravings and water retention! I ate an entire cauliflower for dinner tonight... a small one, but still. I mashed it up like those 'fauxtatoes' the SBD/low carb folks eat and it was actually really good! I had some carrots and a chicken breast as well and I feel full. This is pretty rare for me when I don't have carbs!

Hope you're all doing well. Have a fantastic weekend!!
  • I am going to have to try those Pseudo-tatoes, maybe tonight, that sounds good!

Ohhhh, now I am hungry! I better chug some water, I didn't go shopping last night after WI and Dinner. /facepalm.

So I had to have a granola bar, jello cup, reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese stick, and a low-cal Sugar-free pudding cup for breakfast and repeat that for lunch with 1 pt WW bars for snacks.

Sooo bad. e.e;;; I miss my fruit/veggies. I think I better have a lot of low-point fruit and salad with a small side of meat for dinner tonight, I got to get my Healthy Guidelines in!

Another two hours before I can drag myself to the car,

How's Thursday going for you guys?
  • I am a little irritated today. I stayed right at 188-189 for two weeks and then suddenly dropped down to 183.5! The next day I weighed in at 184 and today I am right back up to 188. I hate bouncing all over the place. I am really hoping today is just water gain.

Freedomreins- I will have to remember that! At least then I would know why I was getting such strange looks when asking for a box. lol I don't know what I would do if taking leftovers wasn't the norm. I would probably be much larger than I am now since I also have a problem wasting food.
  • KayNicole - Drink lots of water today and hopefully the scale will be back down tomorrow!

Now that I have thought about taking a tupperware with me in my purse, I'm thinking I may actually have to start doing that. Do you think they'd think that was even weirder? Probably. I have a friend that works in a restaurant, I'll ask him about the doggie bag situation. It's pretty normal at home in Canada so I don't know why it's so unheard of here!

Zan - I made the fauxtatoes with a tbsp of WW creme fraiche and a tsp of dijon mustard, plus some salt and pepper. Tasted a lot like mashed potatoes believe it or not!
  • Broadway dreamer- I wouldn't let Urban Outfitters get you too down! I can never find things that fit there either, although for me the problem is my giant thighs. And, because I live in a college town the biggest size they have is like a medium. Not fun.

I have a cold right now, which is icky because... well, who likes to be sick? But nice because they kicked me out of the lab for the afternoon so I wouldn't sneeze on the samples. Now I'm laying on my couch with the cat, watching Entourage and drinking a Frappuchino (light!) which is much more pleasant.

I have my weigh-in tonight and I don't feel like it's going to go super well. I'm little bloated right now, but I'm just going to try to focus on the fact that I stayed within my points all week, and exercised, and if the scale goes up it's probably just water and will come off soon.

Hope you're all having a good Thursday!
  • Thanks everyone for the support and so very true on the sizing at Urban haha!

Just had a really delicious and filling salad from my roommate's new cookbook. Baby spinach with quinoa, roasted mushrooms and feta cheese with some really light olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing. SO good. 8 points for the whole salad (aka 4 servings of it) and I only had one. It was filling and delicious. Yay!
  • Hey all,

I haven't been on here in ages! I'm in my home town with my parents. Struggling with sticking to my points a bit. I am usually really good but I'm such a pecker and usually don't have this bad stuff in my house, but its here...and I'm pecking. Have been good the last couple of days though.
    Also had my first gain the other day Weigh in was at a different time and on different scales so I'm hoping its due to that!!
    Have been pretty good (other than the pecking) this week, exercising every day! Which is pretty good for me :P

Hope you are all going well. Cant wait to get back to my house and my boyfriend. My father is driving me insane!!
  • bex- congrats on fitting in workouts everyday!!

well the scale is still not my friend. In the middle of the day my weight seems to drop 3-4 lbs but for most of the time I am still weighing on the heavy side. I was pretty discouraged yesterday and had to stay up much later than usual waiting to pick up my husband from work. So I was discouraged, bored, tired and therefore... hungry. I knew I was already over my calories for the day since I had burritos at lunch and Roundtable Pizza's new pasta for dinner (bad choice, should have gotten a salad). Then when I got home I had a small bowl of icecream & a PB and honey sandwich!! But really, this is my first overeating episode since I started a few weeks ago. So good job me but DON'T DO IT AGAIN! lol The scale is still in the same old 188 range this morning so I am happy I didn't sabotage myself too much but now I need to start getting motivated again! With that said my workouts are going well. I have been staying on track and I am working through week 4 of C25K now! I just need to work on the diet more.

How are you all doing this fine weekend?
  • I've been on WW exactly one month now. I am down 6.4 pounds. How much did most of you guys lose the first month?