Ip Chat Week May 31 - June 6

You're on Page 1 of 33
Go to
  • Here is the new thread for the week! Make it a good one!!

Here is a link to the chatter from last week!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...3-30-a-34.html
  • I think I'll check Wegman's today for the rhubarb. Our Ukrop's was recently closed. I am thinking that Wegman's will also carry the Walden Farms products.

I was also interested in suggestions for purchasing a vegetable steamer. I have special containers for steaming in the microwave, but I would like to have something for the stovetop. Any suggestions?

I made a salad for a cookout today. Since I have not officially started my IP yet, I did cheat a little. I cut up broccoli and cauliflower and tossed with fat free Ranch dressing and a few bacon bits. Looks really good. This is actually a big deal because all our family picnics are high carb and high fat. That is obviously why my entire family is overweight! Anyway, hope thay like the salad.

Here's to a Happy and SAFE Memorial Day to All
  • Happy Memorial Day. May we all remember those who have died so that we may have the life and freedom that we have today and every day. For those of you who have personal losses big hugs and thanks to you and your families for the sacrifice.
  • weigh in this morning - not expecting much, after being sick all week I didn't seem to have any movement on the scale despite sticking to program...

I figure the dreaded diet gods are torturing me before they let me get below 200 so close but so far away.
  • Hello everyone! I have been lurking for awhile prior to my starting IP. I am now on day 4! I need some suggestions for the vegetables. I have been eating lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus. Just steaming them. But I am getting bored with them and not sure about the others on the list. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can make them more interesting and how to use some of the other vegetables on the list? I love broccoli and didn't realize I could be sick of it so soon! Thanks for your help!
    Jan
  • Quote: Hello everyone! I have been lurking for awhile prior to my starting IP. I am now on day 4! I need some suggestions for the vegetables. I have been eating lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus. Just steaming them. But I am getting bored with them and not sure about the others on the list. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can make them more interesting and how to use some of the other vegetables on the list? I love broccoli and didn't realize I could be sick of it so soon! Thanks for your help!
    Jan
    Welcome !!

There's many way to do your veggies.

For lunch time, you can make something like a greek salad. I use cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, radish, oinon, all raw, and diced with olive oil, vinegar and Ms Dash spices (garlic).

You can steam your veggies, put it on a barbecue with low fat, low carb, low cal chicken broth, do a stir fry..

You've also many recipes that are really yummy:
    Chinese fried '' rice''
    Big Mac in a bowl
    Sloppy joe stuffed peppers

Those are my personnal favorite. You can find them in the 2 recipes thread, here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cipes-2-a.html and http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-recipes.html:

Jordanna Hope you're feeling well now! Don't worry, you'll be there in no time !! & thanks for you answer in the last thread. I'm looking at your Fitday often, but I'll pay more attention now

Looking forward to the sheet from Showgirlaz, I think I'll try to do a kind of bootcamp like Jordanna is doing, keeping my intake under 20-25 carbs a day. I want to loose more, and be ''skinny'' for school in September, and off plan! Most of my friends from the University haven't seen me for all summer, so I hope they'll see the difference. I want like a to have a reaction from them like ''wow I didn't remember she was pretty'' haha or something like that..

I don't know if loosing 40 lbs is a realistic objectif before the end of the summer.. What do you girls think?
  • Quote: Hello everyone! I have been lurking for awhile prior to my starting IP. I am now on day 4! I need some suggestions for the vegetables. I have been eating lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus. Just steaming them. But I am getting bored with them and not sure about the others on the list. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can make them more interesting and how to use some of the other vegetables on the list? I love broccoli and didn't realize I could be sick of it so soon! Thanks for your help!
    Jan
    I've been eating raw veggies and salads for lunch and cooked veggies at dinner, so even if I'm eating the same veggies they taste different. I also bought every type of Mrs. Dash out there (original, garlic & herb, grilling, etc.) to season my meat and cooked veggies, so this also changes the taste. The IP recipes threads are also great for different ideas.
  • Quote: I've been eating raw veggies and salads for lunch and cooked veggies at dinner, so even if I'm eating the same veggies they taste different. I also bought every type of Mrs. Dash out there (original, garlic & herb, grilling, etc.) to season my meat and cooked veggies, so this also changes the taste. The IP recipes threads are also great for different ideas.
    I eat lots of cucumbers, sometimes 2/day. I figure each one is approx. 2 cups. In a salad with Mrs. Dash and Baconsalt . . . yumm! I also marinate them with vinegar, spices and sweet vidalia onions. Works for me and they are cheap
  • Very realistic . I have been doing this for almost 5 months now and I have lost 83 lbs . So yes you can do it !
  • Quote: ...I don't know if loosing 40 lbs is a realistic objectif before the end of the summer.. What do you girls think?
    Hi, Lady, I see from your profile that you have already lost 20 pounds. Was that on this diet or a previous one? If you have already lost, your weight loss might slow down some now. If you were to lose 3 pounds every week from now until the end of summer (end of August?) or approximately 13 weeks, that would be about 40 pounds. You'd have to be super strict with the diet to accomplish that, I think. A worthy goal, though.
  • I'm feeling discouraged today. I lost 1.4 lbs and I'm just starting to feel like I'm never going to get below 200 no matter how hard I try. I know I'm just having a pity party but it's so frustrating sometimes.

I have a friend on IP who cheats all the time and loses at least a pound every week and I'm busting my butt following the program to a T and can't seem to lose to save my life lately.
  • This recipe was derived from taking a little of this recipe and a little of that recipe and coming up with thie recipe which suited me perfectly! I took a picture, but I don't know how to add the picture to this box! (any help appreciated)

1 zucchini
    1 egg white
    1 IP Chicken Soup Mix
    Mrs Dash Onion & Herb, IP Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Black pepper

Using the mandolin I sliced the zucchini between 1/8-1/4 inches. I dipped each slice in the egg white, put each slice down on the chicken soup mix, seasoned the other side (the egg white up side) and then flipped it over in the mix to coat the other side of each slice in the soup mix. I heated EVOO in the pan and cooked each slice until it was tender. YUMMY!
  • Quote: I'm feeling discouraged today. I lost 1.4 lbs and I'm just starting to feel like I'm never going to get below 200 no matter how hard I try. I know I'm just having a pity party but it's so frustrating sometimes.

I have a friend on IP who cheats all the time and loses at least a pound every week and I'm busting my butt following the program to a T and can't seem to lose to save my life lately.
    Sometimes I think cheating a little helps... I never cheated, but then a couple of weeks ago I ate out several days and I had 3 grilled chicken ceasar salads (no croutons, no cheese). That dressing is high in fat. That week I lost 3.5 lbs. Last week NO cheating, and lost only 2.5, so go ahead. Have your pity party. It stinks when we think we're doing REALLY good all week, and then the numbers are just not there. It doesn't mean anything. We KNOW we're doing well, and we know we're losing weight, and we know we won't quit!!! But yes, we can have a little pity party if we want too!
  • Jordanna... huge hug across to you. I know exactly how you are feeling. I WI today for a 2lb loss. Frustrating when you have been so careful to follow program. Now...you were sick, so the stress of that on your body may have made a difference.
    I spoke with my coach and she has suggested that I have a restricted everyday to bump up my calories a little. She was thinking perhaps it was too little for me. I ordered those "miracle noodles" on line. I received them last week, and they are so helpful. Much better than the "shirataki(sp?)" noodles. They are clear and take on the taste of whatever I use them with. I have been having them with the restricted Vegetarian chili, and OMG! so good! I was also shocked that my 5yr old loved them too. They have 0 everything, although I count it as my veggie at lunch since I have the whole packet, lol.
    Who knows, chat with your coach, you may need a few more calories, and wouldn't that be nice if it were so I swear sometimes I bodies hold onto a specific weight for a little while, just to see if we are really serious about this diet. I was in those 160's for the past 4 weeks, hopfully it will start to accept my journey now.
    Your accomplishments are already phenomenal Jordanna, you are totally going to be in onederland soon

I was checking out all the recipes posted, and I think I will have to make the attempt to shake things up a bit, so thanks to all those that posted them.

Showgirl... I haven't been on in a while, so thank you as well for facilitating the new forum for us..You Rock!
    DK....holy wedding coming up!!!! I hope you are finding a few moments to really enjoy it all, regardless of the chaos. I just love your dress and you will be absolutely stunning in it Go gettem gorgeous!

Welcome Beadgirl!...you will find yourself addicted to this forum, the is so much info and support to be had here.

Doxigirl!...If I remember correctly, your start date is Thursday, so good luck, you will do fantastic!
  • Quote: I'm feeling discouraged today. I lost 1.4 lbs and I'm just starting to feel like I'm never going to get below 200 no matter how hard I try. I know I'm just having a pity party but it's so frustrating sometimes.

Go ahead and have a pity party . You are working hard and doing great . You are so close to being under 200 . You will get there and all your hard work will pay off . Let us encourage you because you are always such an inspiration to us . Praying that God will give you strength to keep going and that he will bless you as you do your part . Your going to get there and feel so great ! You are awesome !