Two week exercise challenge

• Looking for someone(s) to join me for a high-intensity exercise challenge! I just finished my semester of law school, so I have a few months to get myself on the right track before the craziness starts again. My goal for the next two weeks (starting today) is to exercise 180 minutes per day for six days per week for a total of 1080 minutes per week. This can be any type of exercise - cardio, strength training, yoga, whatever. It should probably be varied, though, so as to protect against injury.

Any takers? The goal doesn't have to be the same, but I would love to engage in some fun trash talk with someone trying to do something equally radical for them.

5/26: 75 minutes walking/jogging - so far! (Admittedly 90% walking!)
  • Hi! I don't know if we're at the same weight or not but I'm about 225ish right now. I'm just finishing up my Spring semester of school, one more essay and I'm free for about 3 weeks So I definitely want to kick up my exercise routine especially since I go to Ireland in 2 months.

Right now I bike to work about 11 or 12 miles round trip for a total of about 1 hour-1 hour and 15 minutes biking. I only work on the weekdays, so I definitely need to kick it up on the weekends and I also want to do exercise in addition to the biking.

My goal is to continue the biking for a total of 1hr exercise

and do an additional 30-45 minutes cardio 5 days a week

Of those 5 days I'll do cardio, At least 3 I want to do strength training for at least 30 minutes.

So yeah. I don't really have a "minute" goal but I do want to try and exercise an additonal 30 minutes a day in addition to the biking on the weekdays..

If you're up for it I am
  • i'd like to join this thread! i just found out yesterday that i have high cholesterol (at 22 yrs old!) i eat super healthy so i want to amp up my exercise! i'm going to go for 120 minutes a day 5x/week including 4 x 5k runs a week (I run a 5k in a few weeks and am aiming for a half marathon next summer - never too early to start training!). Hoping this, along with good eating habits will bring my cholesterol down for my next test (2 months!)
  • I am excited to find a couple of takers! Peace, Ireland sounds way cool. I'm actually reading a fiction series set (primarily) in Ireland, so I have leprachauns on the brain. And Aubrey - I would love to get to the point where I'm training for a half-marathon! I'm looking for a 5K in late July or early August too.

Woo hoo! I got 185 minutes in yesterday, and am really sore today. I LOVE that sore feeling. Makes me feeling like I'm changing my body. All cardio yesterday. Gonna try to do add some weights today.

5/26 - 185 minutes cardio
    5/27 - only 75 minutes. Need to step it up!
  • i got in 60 min yesterday and only 45 the day before! going to pick up my socks this weekend
  • I keep hitting obstacles (like packing up all my swimming gear for the gym only to find it closed!), so I am not where I had wanted to be. Still, if I aim for 1080 and only hit 900 or so, I'm not going to complain too much.

5/26 - 185 min
    5/27 - 75 min
    5/28 - 90 min
    5/29 - 160 min.

510 as of Sat. But a long weekend ahead with lots of activity planned!
  • no owrries, i haven't been hitting my two hours a day! still trying but that's a big time commitment! hoping for two hours today. i'm going to break it into two sessions!
  • 5/26 - 185 min
    5/27 - 75 min
    5/28 - 90 min
    5/29 - 160 min.
    5/30 - 90 min.
    5/31 - 50 min.
    6/1 - 160 min.
    6/2 - 135 min. - and included some running in 1 minute intervals

Okay. A disappointing weekend. But I had a good day today, in spite of the fact that I had to work today. (I'm only working part-time this summer!)

Thanks for continuing along with me.
  • i've been sick since Tuesday and haven't gotten any exercise in!! busy weekend then hoping to start up again on Monday!