Sentimental NSV

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So I've made the decision that it's time to retire my wedding ring and another ring my husband gave me a few years ago for our anniversary, as I am running the risk of them falling off and I don't want to lose them. I'll wait til I'm at goal before I get them resized.

OK, so that in itself is an NSV, but the really special thing for me is that I can now wear my mother's diamond as my wedding ring. I'd wanted to do that when we got married but it was too small and because of the thin band, it couldn't be resized larger. So it's just been sitting in my jewelry box for the past 11 years. I tried it on today and it fits! It's so nice to be able to wear this visual reminder of my mom.
  • Quote: the really special thing for me is that I can now wear my mother's diamond as my wedding ring.
    That is extremely special! How awesome that must feel.
  • That's awesome!!! *hugs*
  • That is one of the best NSV I've read in a long time! That must feel great
  • Awww.....

That is JUST wonderful!
  • That is so wonderful! You deserve this!
  • that is sweet! Congrats! and look at you, almost at 100 lbs lost, woohoo!
  • That is lovely, indeed.
  • That has a lot of special meaning for me too. My mom passed away when I was 4, so I know the special meaning things that belonged to her have...so great!
  • That's a wonderful NSV, it will be so special for you to wear your mom's ring.
    I'm going to need my engagement and wedding rings resized. I'm not sure if they'll last til I get to target before having to remove them for safety, will have to see.
    But your post has reminded me of a ring I inherited from my grandma that my husband had restored for me. It's been hidden away for too long, I think it's time to dig it out and see if it fits now...
  • That is a majorly awesome NSV. Congrats!
  • Awww!! That is fantastic
  • Thanks, everyone!

Loving Me, did it fit?
  • I'm not gonna lie, that made me tear up a little.

How awesome!
  • That is beautiful...